Sponsored

Strange key fob behavior.

Mid_life_crisis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium
My wife has a 2016 Ecoboost Premium convertible. I just picked up a coupe with the performance pack. We were in her car and stopped so I could run into a store. My key was in my pocket. When I stepped away the horn beaped and a message flashed that the key had left the car. My key won't start her car or unlock it.
Weird.
Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
your key wont work on any other car but yours. from what I understand u were in her car when u stopped at the store, but your key wont unlock her car.

OP
OP

Mid_life_crisis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium
your key wont work on any other car but yours. from what I understand u were in her car when u stopped at the store, but your key wont unlock her car.
We were in her car. Both keys were present. Mine is always in my pocket. Hers is in her bag.
After the car alerted her to my key leaving, I tested to see if my key would start her car or unlock her doors. It won't, but twice now the car has warned her when my key left, even though her key was in her car at the time. When I got back in, the car acted confused, like it couldn't figure out what to do about the key that never left.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Seems like the car got confused picking up the wrong signal.

Miglo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium w/ PP 401A NAV in DIB
The car is trying to tell you that your the better driver and that you need to be in the drivers seat! :cheers:
Sponsored