Sponsored

Stoopid Cheap Mustang GTs Below Dealer Invoice!

OP
OP

ISurvivedNMU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, Raptor, Mustang GT Vert, GT500 On Order
Under MSRP isn’t under invoice. I’m glad you got one for MSRP but you misrepresented the price you received in your original post. Not a great way to make friends on this forum. Just sayin’
I typed that incorrectly and edited it, showing my edit. Clearly did not mean that as we have a thread on this forum and a video of the order.

So peeps cannot make an honest mistake without getting some hate from others here. Nice. Maybe I need to turn off the lights and cry in my rocking chair. Come on.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ISurvivedNMU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, Raptor, Mustang GT Vert, GT500 On Order
Huh? Dealers are screwed with GT350’s because of the GT500. I do not think so. Two awesome but different cars. Some will own both both (I wish). Others they will choose one or the other. But I think they are two different buyers.

Isn’t the 2020 GT350 a Gen 2 Voodoo? Even if it were a Gen 1 I do not think the issues some have had would cause a dealer to think they were screwed.
Two different cars... Marketed to different people's likings but in reality just two ways for Ford to get into people's pockets. The GT350R is the only one that outright is different.

There is no collectors value on any car being made today.

A Gen 2 Voodoo is just a Gen 1 with a few small fixes that fubared many Gen 1 engines. It is not redone.... The GT500 uses the same Gen 2 VooDoo and just adds a blower.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I typed that incorrectly and edited it, showing my edit. Clearly did not mean that as we have a thread on this forum and a video of the order.

So peeps cannot make an honest mistake without getting some hate from others here. Nice. Maybe I need to turn off the lights and cry in my rocking chair. Come on.
Brian, we get a lot of crap on here. A GT500 for under invoice would qualify for that pile. But it was a typo so no harm, no foul. Now turn the lights back on, stand up and go get some Kleenex :like::fistbump::)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Two different cars... Marketed to different people's likings but in reality just two ways for Ford to get into people's pockets. The GT350R is the only one that outright is different.

There is no collectors value on any car being made today.

A Gen 2 Voodoo is just a Gen 1 with a few small fixes that fubared many Gen 1 engines. It is not redone.... The GT500 uses the same Gen 2 VooDoo and just adds a blower.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2019-voodoo-changes.124665/

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Yes I'd like to see that as well. I have seen some guys, with help of friends who know dealer owners, get the 350's for about 2500 above MSRP but usually from what I've seen they are at least 5k above MSRP. I believe it has to do with the amount each region is allotted
Vic Bailey Ford in South Carolina has a white Gt 350 for MSRP. But you can get any car they got for under real easy they are super easy to work with.

Sponsored

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vic Bailey Ford in South Carolina has a white Gt 350 for MSRP. But you can get any car they got for under real easy they are super easy to work with.
Well I'm pondering one for maybe next year. I just bought a 19 GT 6 weeks ago and I'm in love with it. However the styling and front end of the new 350 is so sweet its tempting

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Is the video click bait so that the OP is making cash on how many clicks it racks up on YT?

I remember when YT was decent and not some avenue for everyone to make “hey look at me” YT’s for click bait and see how many “followers” they can garner.

Honestly and no offense to anyone who makes YT vids for click-cash, but when I see any such thread on any forum with a “click to see”, I don’t.

——

As for Dealer Invoice, whether the initial post was edited or not - for anyone that gets such a deal at or below Dealer invoice, do post an image of the actual Dealer invoice because it helps others trying to strike up deals of their own.

Also, not everyone qualifies for ALL of the available rebates - so what may seem like a good deal to one person may very well be IF they qualified for more rebates, dealer incentives or had Ford cash - as opposed to someone else who can’t qualify for the same.

——

GT350’s, GT350R’s, Bullitts, GT PP2’s are all over the place still new on Dealer lots... there’s an over abundance of S550’s because they’re being punched out like cookies.

You want collectability or a Ford that will appreciate in value? Purchase a Ford GT, hold on to it for 3-5 years and cash out - then report back here. That’s the only modern day Ford that is appreciating quickly.

S197/S550 Cobra Jets - another Ford that will appreciate in value. Granted these can’t be titled or street driven, but they’re going to command much higher future values than any GT350/350R/500 because they are a very limited production.

The problem with the modern day S550 is Ford is producing too many by year for them to be of true collector value. Not only that, but when a Buyer is paying MSRP+ADM (exorbitant ADM at that), on a GT350/350R/500 - don’t expect to cash out any time soon... give it a good 30+ years before breaking even on a GT350/350R/500 that you’re neighbor even has....

For a GT350/350R/500 to be of future value it must:
1) Be a very low production unit from the entire amount produced for that specific year
2) Be mothballed with little to no miles on it (or never even titled)
3) Have all documentation, labels, hang tags etc that came with the car as it rolled off the trailer
4) Be a specific interior/exterior color combo and equipped with a certain option package for that niche of collector
5) Be very unique when compared to the rest of the same year model

These newer Shelby’s from 2005-current are not going to command 60’s Shelby money any time soon. That’s not a dig against any Shelby or those who own them, it’s just reality and the facts.

Drive them, enjoy them - that’s what they were designed for, not to be sitting stagnant across the globe.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I get your point..... But you have zero clue if yours was sold below dealer invoice. So you do not know if you got a good deal or not.

When negotiating for a new car, you need to know your rebates and the dealer invoice of the car. If you go in looking for how much less than MSRP, you have no basis to judge a deal.

Dealer invoice is also Ford X-plan Pricing (Supplier). Ever hear that term? Ford A-Plan pricing is what employees pay. Being from Michigan, everyone works for a car company so you start to learn the terms and how the money flows.

We could have done this video saying 14K off MSRP for a Mustang GT... People would have probably been all over it. Then when some poor soul calls from New York and does not get the same rebates as the local Detroit Region, we look like assholes.

The way we did this video, we tell you the starting point from where the rebates get applied. BELOW DEALER COST. With the rebates we have in this area, we could beat your deal without issue.
Actually, X-plan will be about $100-$150 over dealer invoice depending on the invoice price of the car. And, it's really not a good deal at all. $1,000 under invoice less all qualifying rebates is a good deal for any current year model.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don’t go to YT clickbaits either. Wasted too many moments watching worthless videos to give any of them a chance anymore.
So what’s the sure fire way to get the dealer invoice amount for a car on a lot? Anyone care to spell it out for me?

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I don’t go to YT clickbaits either. Wasted too many moments watching worthless videos to give any of them a chance anymore.
So what’s the sure fire way to get the dealer invoice amount for a car on a lot? Anyone care to spell it out for me?
There isn't. Just because you know what a dealer pays doesn't mean you can pick your price. I wish that were true. The key is finding what you want and catching a dealer at the right time with that specific vehicle you want

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
"invoice" price is just another gimmick. 4% off MSRP is generally the "invoice". Holdback for Ford is typically 3%. There may be some variability based on model but I haven't spent the time to find out. Sites like this have been out for many years now.
https://www.car-buying-strategies.com/dealer-invoice/ford-mustang-prices.html

2020 edition Mustangs are being advertised at 12% off MSRP already. The dealers (around here) try to tack freight and paperwork fee back onto the price thus reducing the discount to around 10% off MSRP. Add TTL for final price. Nobody has to play ball with that practice. Mine was 15% off MSRP (before TTL) early in the MY. Paying "invoice" or any figure remotely close to MSRP is a lousy deal. On some specialty and low volume models the dealer can and will likely hold out and refuse to sell for any discount whatsoever.

Left over GT350R are now 5-10% off MSRP so economic reality is finally breaking thru dealer delusion.

The only reliably fixed, published number is MSRP and which can be compared across all 50 USA markets. Nobody has to dither with A or X-plan or any other nonsense. If you happen to know what those prices are, great. Compute the percentage under MSRP and share that. A dealer selling a car at "x-plan" is making plenty of money. In other words, you didn't get anything resembling a "good deal".

Nobody works for free (or at a loss) for very long so with RARE exception every deal made the dealer some money where "some" may look suspiciously close to zero from time to time. If you think the dealer is into any car for "invoice" you're badly misinformed.
Sponsored