Sponsored

Stoopid Cheap Mustang GTs Below Dealer Invoice!

ISurvivedNMU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, Raptor, Mustang GT Vert, GT500 On Order
After posting that our local dealer was selling the GT500 to us for under [Edit] MSRP [/Edit] with the tint and other stuff included, people asked how we get the deals. We are no one special, anyone can! Here are the Mustang GT's they have for $1,000 less than dealer invoice AND THEN less the rebates from your area. Even the Raptor is at the dealer invoice.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
After posting that our local dealer was selling the GT500 to us for under invoice with the tint and other stuff included, people asked how we get the deals. We are no one special, anyone can! Here are the Mustang GT's they have for $1,000 less than dealer invoice AND THEN less the rebates from your area. Even the Raptor is at the dealer invoice.
If you can get a GT500 for under invoice please post the a sales invoice here. If not there is nothing else here to look at.

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
If you can get a GT500 for under invoice please post the a sales invoice here. If not there is nothing else here to look at.
Yes I'd like to see that as well. I have seen some guys, with help of friends who know dealer owners, get the 350's for about 2500 above MSRP but usually from what I've seen they are at least 5k above MSRP. I believe it has to do with the amount each region is allotted

OP
OP

ISurvivedNMU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
The GT500 we ordered was sold at MSRP with a 220 doc fee. But the dealer is going to tint the windows with ceramic and also frame the order and window sticker. Typical tint would be over 220, so IMHO, we got that under MSRP. I am sure the next one they can order could be done for the same or less.

Yes I'd like to see that as well. I have seen some guys, with help of friends who know dealer owners, get the 350's for about 2500 above MSRP but usually from what I've seen they are at least 5k above MSRP. I believe it has to do with the amount each region is allotted
Check out our order video for the GT500. The GT350 in the above video could be had for less than MSRP!!!!!

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
If anything is from the 2019 model year, I'd imagine dealers would be willing to deal to get those off the lot.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ISurvivedNMU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
If anything is from the 2019 model year, I'd imagine dealers would be willing to deal to get those off the lot.
The Raptor in the video is a 2020.... The GT350 is a 2020....

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Don't care about "dealer invoice" price. I care about getting 12k off MSRP on a new 2020 GT Premium.

OP
OP

ISurvivedNMU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Don't care about "dealer invoice" price. I care about getting 12k off MSRP on a new 2020 GT Premium.
Then you should care about Dealer Invoice. Knowing what is happening and how everything works will get you a better deal!

There is about a 3.5% holdback on each vehicle sold. It varies... The Dealer pays invoice for the car and once sold, get the holdback. So when a dealer sells for less than invoice they are giving you some of the holdback. Rebates will be what gets you below that. You could easily get to your numbers with the current rebates and the cars in the video above.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Then you should care about Dealer Invoice. Knowing what is happening and how everything works will get you a better deal!

There is about a 3.5% holdback on each vehicle sold. It varies... The Dealer pays invoice for the car and once sold, get the holdback. So when a dealer sells for less than invoice they are giving you some of the holdback. Rebates will be what gets you below that. You could easily get to your numbers with the current rebates and the cars in the video above.
The MSRP on my 2017 was $44,370. After all was said and done, I was out at $35900 after rebates and $700 private cash before TTL. That's below this "dealer invoice" by a lot. This means nothing with regular Mustang GT's since a good dealer will discount the hell out of them. If you can get at MSRP on a GT500, you're lucky. Getting under MSRP on a GT350 is doable at this point of time as well.

Bullitt's are 10k MSRP advertised around me and none of those are selling at all. The price dealers truly get the car for is hidden. That's why I take this whole dealer invoice price with a grain of salt. The MSRP is really the only number I can go off of because it comes from Ford. I could make up the rest of the numbers to make someone happy otherwise.

This video looked more at getting sales and clicks for views for that particular dealership and didn't really "help" in anything. The "What did you pay" section in the forum is more realistic in what to expect.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Someone was able to negotiate $12K off MSRP on a 2018 leftover (brand new) GT350 recently.

Deals are out there, especially leftovers.

Sponsored
OP
OP

ISurvivedNMU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
The MSRP on my 2017 was $44,370. After all was said and done, I was out at $35900 after rebates and $700 private cash before TTL. That's below this "dealer invoice" by a lot. This means nothing with regular Mustang GT's since a good dealer will discount the hell out of them. If you can get at MSRP on a GT500, you're lucky. Getting under MSRP on a GT350 is doable at this point of time as well.

Bullitt's are 10k MSRP advertised around me and none of those are selling at all. The price dealers truly get the car for is hidden. That's why I take this whole dealer invoice price with a grain of salt. The MSRP is really the only number I can go off of because it comes from Ford. I could make up the rest of the numbers to make someone happy otherwise.

This video looked more at getting sales and clicks for views for that particular dealership and didn't really "help" in anything. The "What did you pay" section in the forum is more realistic in what to expect.
I get your point..... But you have zero clue if yours was sold below dealer invoice. So you do not know if you got a good deal or not.

When negotiating for a new car, you need to know your rebates and the dealer invoice of the car. If you go in looking for how much less than MSRP, you have no basis to judge a deal.

Dealer invoice is also Ford X-plan Pricing (Supplier). Ever hear that term? Ford A-Plan pricing is what employees pay. Being from Michigan, everyone works for a car company so you start to learn the terms and how the money flows.

We could have done this video saying 14K off MSRP for a Mustang GT... People would have probably been all over it. Then when some poor soul calls from New York and does not get the same rebates as the local Detroit Region, we look like assholes.

The way we did this video, we tell you the starting point from where the rebates get applied. BELOW DEALER COST. With the rebates we have in this area, we could beat your deal without issue.

OP
OP

ISurvivedNMU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Someone was able to negotiate $12K off MSRP on a 2018 leftover (brand new) GT350 recently.

Deals are out there, especially leftovers.
When we did this video we looked at all the Gt350's in the area... There are 14 2018 GT350's within 100 miles of this dealership. You could buy this 2020 GT350 for 5K under MSRP as they know they are screwed with the GT500 coming out and the issues with the gen 1 VooDoo....

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
When we did this video we looked at all the Gt350's in the area... There are 14 2018 GT350's within 100 miles of this dealership. You could buy this 2020 GT350 for 5K under MSRP as they know they are screwed with the GT500 coming out and the issues with the gen 1 VooDoo....
Yep great time to be a GT350 buyer. I bought mine 6 weeks ago. It was a 2018 w electronics pack, over the top stripe, Recaros, etc for $48K but it was used/certified with 1400 miles and 70% of the original warranty left. MSRP was $61K and change.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
The GT500 we ordered was sold at MSRP with a 220 doc fee. But the dealer is going to tint the windows with ceramic and also frame the order and window sticker. Typical tint would be over 220, so IMHO, we got that under MSRP. I am sure the next one they can order could be done for the same or less

Check out our order video for the GT500. The GT350 in the above video could be had for less than MSRP!!!!!
After posting that our local dealer was selling the GT500 to us for under invoice with the tint and other stuff included
Under MSRP isn’t under invoice. I’m glad you got one for MSRP but you misrepresented the price you received in your original post. Not a great way to make friends on this forum. Just sayin’

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
You could buy this 2020 GT350 for 5K under MSRP as they know they are screwed with the GT500 coming out and the issues with the gen 1 VooDoo....
Huh? Dealers are screwed with GT350’s because of the GT500. I do not think so. Two awesome but different cars. Some will own both both (I wish). Others they will choose one or the other. But I think they are two different buyers.

Isn’t the 2020 GT350 a Gen 2 Voodoo? Even if it were a Gen 1 I do not think the issues some have had would cause a dealer to think they were screwed.
Sponsored