LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Looking at what they're asking for it, it will sit forever.
That's just MSRP. Although they are willing to go $1,500 off. I laughed. I told him it had 4 birthdays already, and it will have about 40 more unless they make some serious drops on price.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Crackheads.

Not worth a whole lot more than the current used value for one, since that's what it's worth once any actual buyer takes it for a drive. They'll sit on that thing forever.

Sponsored

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
No bank will finance that as new.
Yes they will, if the car hasn’t been reported to Ford as sold by the dealer. It’s legally a new car until the warranty clock starts AND a title has been issued. Doesn’t matter if it’s a 3 year old unsold car.

duckydave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt premium black w/50 yr appearance pkg
the listing says it is a manual but if you look through the photos it is an automatic

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Photo shows 178 miles on the odometer. Must have been test driven quite a few times.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
#1,534 out of the 1,964 series.

lowatts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Yes they will, if the car hasn’t been reported to Ford as sold by the dealer. It’s legally a new car until the warranty clock starts AND a title has been issued. Doesn’t matter if it’s a 3 year old unsold car.
I know this is an old post, but want to add some info for anyone getting here on a future search... Some banks do have a cut off on how old a new car can be to qualify for their new car loans. I was surprised by this, and just found out recently when I applied for a loan. Maybe most banks do this? In hind sight, I can see why they'd want to do this, as they give lower interest rates for new cars: an older new car has negative impact on its collateral value and hence the risk to the bank.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
LOL it looks like its still for sale?
Yeah, but at least its $8K less than MSRP now although $48k+ MSRP sounds suspicious to me. Were those really priced that high?

edit: Yep, that's the MSRP on the Windows Sticker.

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
I'm amazed there's still a new LE available at any Ford dealer!

I always see a few "like new" LE's for sale online anytime I check, usually the same few cars with 50 miles or less on the odometer at ridiculously high prices, obviously some people with too much available cash on hand back in 2015 thinking the LE was a good financial investment and now trying to cash out, but those are still technically "used" cars being sold by private individuals.

I'm sure this was a similar case of the dealer overestimating the "collectors" demand and figuring at some point somebody would pay their inflated price making a big addition to their profit margin. It only took 3 years for them to realize that wasn't the best business decision to have a $40k+ investment sitting idle collecting dust and depreciation setting in, now to finally start discounting the price LOL

I can't help wondering after seeing this if there's any other "new" LE's still sitting on a dealer's lot somewhere? Maybe even still overpriced with a ridiculous dealer mark up on top of the MSRP trying to gouge some unsuspecting buyer who'll swallow their "collectable" sales pitch?

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited