Sponsored

Stick shift cars under $50k

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
So I’m coming up on around a year of having my 2022 GT with A10 that’s pretty much fully loaded minus track pack and magneride suspension.
I initially bought the car because I had a recent surgery that made shifting gears troublesome but luckily healed to pretty much normal.
I’ve always enjoyed rowing my own gears and I’ve been looking to get back into A stick car and I’ve had my eyes on possibly another C6 z06 or even C7 as a lot of them with low-ish mileage, decent power with a good platform for bolt-ons, and are under $50k in pretty decent condition.
Was just seeing if anyone had other recommendations or experiences with other vehicles they think are worth looking into.
Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Will this be your one car or the 2nd/toy fun car but have a back up.
I wish they still made the Chevy SS ya it is a 4 door but v8 and optional 6spd stick.
I am not sure if the Caddy still has a 3rd pedal or not.
Why not a 23 m/y stang?
A c6/7 would be nice don't forget the gold chain and unbuttoned down shirt. oh wait that was the 80's-90's.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will this be your one car or the 2nd/toy fun car but have a back up.
I wish they still made the Chevy SS ya it is a 4 door but v8 and optional 6spd stick.
I am not sure if the Caddy still has a 3rd pedal or not.
Why not a 23 m/y stang?
A c6/7 would be nice don't forget the gold chain and unbuttoned down shirt. oh wait that was the 80's-90's.
This will be my daily so I won’t go overboard with the mods, lol. I have a c5z that I’m taking my time with that will be the main toy down the road.

I’ve had a lot of mustangs and I’m kinda burnt out of em, lol. I’ve had a 2004 cobra, 2012 GT, 2014 GT, 2015 GT, 2019 GT, 2021 GT, and the current 2022 GT.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
This will be my daily so I won’t go overboard with the mods, lol. I have a c5z that I’m taking my time with that will be the main toy down the road.

I’ve had a lot of mustangs and I’m kinda burnt out of em, lol. I’ve had a 2004 cobra, 2012 GT, 2014 GT, 2015 GT, 2019 GT, 2021 GT, and the current 2022 GT.
If you need more than 2 seats might look at the caddy, Not sure about bolt ons , but more room if you need that, but a '18-19 c7 z51 loaded would be sweet. a z06 would go past your budget.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you need more than 2 seats might look at the caddy, Not sure about bolt ons , but more room if you need that, but a '18-19 c7 z51 loaded would be sweet. a z06 would go past your budget.
Na, just the 2 seats. I probably should’ve clarified that in the original post.
I can afford more thankfully, but spending anymore than $50k on a car to me just feels ridiculous. Plus with the interest rates being the way they are, good credit won’t mean much as I’m sure I’ll have to go back later and refinance.

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Na, just the 2 seats. I probably should’ve clarified that in the original post.
I can afford more thankfully, but spending anymore than $50k on a car to me just feels ridiculous. Plus with the interest rates being the way they are, good credit won’t mean much as I’m sure I’ll have to go back later and refinance.
yup. 50k on a car is still a WTF idea in my mind. I know there has always been vehicle that past 50k. but I wasn't buying them.
I do have a few that cost more than 50k a lot more. but for a daily. That is still a no for me.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The A10 is kind of the deciding factor as these weird issues keep popping up even after KAM reset and Ford is fighting me on replacing the valve body. Don’t know why as I walked in the dealer 2 years ago with my 2019 and dropped it off one day, and picked it up the next day with a new valve body installed and 0 issues.
the MT-82 isn’t my favorite either and I’ve had my fair share of issues with them.
So unless I get a great deal on another mustang with one, I may just get a calimer built transmission.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Are you after possibly new or possibly used as well. It’s really hard to beat the bang for the buck of a gt mustang.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you after possibly new or possibly used as well. It’s really hard to beat the bang for the buck of a gt mustang.
Either or. I’m actually looking at a ‘23 GT premium with the 6 speed new at my local dealer. I’ll lose the digital dash and active exhaust but I plan to buy a catback anyway.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Maybe a Miata. I'd probably own one for a while if I fit. I assume if you fit in a 'vette, you'll fit in the Miata.

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Maybe not what you’re after, but I’d love a Honda S2000 if I had room for a 3rd car. Supposed to have an awesome transmission and shift feel. And VooDoo poodoo, how about 9K redline for earlier gen engine?

Last edited:

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
I'll second the Miata. Fun little car that you can toss around. When I was shopping for a manual convertible it was on my list and I gave it a lot of thought. But when you see 460HP on the window sticker...it's a little hard to walk away from that.

A used Porsche Boxter might be worth thinking about too.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Supra 6 cylinder. It's fast, fun and handles very well.
And not under 50k . I looked at them when shopping for toys. They ran 53k up for what options most would want . Nice ride. The fact that it is BMW with a toyo outer skin scares me if to keep long term. BMW service gets costly fast .
Sponsored