Steering Wheel Help

GrayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I’m looking to get one of these steering wheels but have some questions.

Carbon Fiber vs Carbon Fiber w/LEDs.
Those with the LED shift lights, are those lights blinding at night? Do they ever get in the way or distract you?

04539416-65D3-4A66-82C4-04820EBA9A06.jpeg
FE5F5FE2-366E-4EF7-B30F-5789275047CD.jpeg
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
What's wrong with your current steering wheel?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
OP
OP
GrayS550

GrayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What's wrong with your current steering wheel?
Nothing is wrong with my current wheel. Previous owner installed a GT350R steering wheel and I love it! But I really love how the carbon fiber wheels look so I’ve been wanting to get one of those

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
My only advice is to go hold a piece of carbon fiber and see if you’d like that to be your main point of contact in your car. I had a CF wheel which looked cool but I hated the feel. I swapped it out for leather/alcantara after just 500 miles. Just something to think about.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
My only advice is to go hold a piece of carbon fiber and see if you’d like that to be your main point of contact in your car. I had a CF wheel which looked cool but I hated the feel. I swapped it out for leather/alcantara after just 500 miles. Just something to think about.
That’s a very good point and observation.

I would imagine that if the vehicle is used for any length of time (street driving or track use), a “solid” wheel like the one pictured may be a fatigue point for the driver.

A steering wheel like the factory steering wheel (or other aftermarket) which has padding full circle, isn’t a fatigue point. The steering wheel in the posted images may have padding only at the 3 & 9 positions, but not everyone always maintains that specific grip while driving.

Definitely a very good point to take into consideration, especially with the cost of custom CF steering wheels,.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

I would imagine that if the vehicle is used for any length of time (street driving or track use), a “solid” wheel like the one pictured may be a fatigue point for the driver.

A steering wheel like the factory steering wheel (or other aftermarket) which has padding full circle, isn’t a fatigue point. The steering wheel in the posted images may have padding only at the 3 & 9 positions, but not everyone always maintains that specific grip while driving.

Definitely a very good point to take into consideration, especially with the cost of custom CF steering wheels,.
Easy fix for that problem.
1674741388919.jpeg

OP
OP
GrayS550

GrayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
[

I was driving yesterday with my hand on top of the wheel and noticed how comfortable it felt with the soft Alcantara. I don’t think it would be as comfortable with the hard carbon fiber finish. Not sure I even thought about that. Maybe I was so tunnel-visioned on how cool it looked. Thank you for the insight guys, it really helped!
Sponsored