Steering Issue

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
last week got in car, started it, started backing out of driveway, turn steering wheel slight right, get a strange sound. Like womp womp. This morning same thing but car didn't wont to turn was fighting me, then it turned perfect. To dark to out to check power steering fluid level. I don't know what it could be unless its the header hitting the steering shaft? Anyone else experience this?
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Electric power steering so no fluid to check. Headers hitting the steering shaft could be a possibility, temperature dependent.

OP
OP
gameovergt

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Electric power steering so no fluid to check. Headers hitting the steering shaft could be a possibility, temperature dependent.
@Grimace427 thanks. Didn't realize its electric. lol. Was thinking it could be a rock or tie rod end going out also.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Electric power steering so no fluid to check.
I'd rather check fluid than pay extra for the recharger my dealer insisted I needed. :wink:

Sponsored

OP
OP
gameovergt

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
the plot thickens. drove her at lunch, head weird creak noise on drivers side. I change steering mode from normal to sport, noise goes away.

OP
OP
gameovergt

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
header not hitting. checked top/bottom. turned wheel to check all the components. can't see anything. hmmm.

OP
OP
gameovergt

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
went away then came back, at mechanics now, hopefully nothing bad

pthomas11b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
I have had the same issue. When I took it to ford they couldn't replicate the problem. I did however have them do an alignment just to be sure. The rear toe and camber was out of spec. Aside from that i since have went through a set of tires thinking it was an issue with those. After putting new wheels and tires on the car it's hit and miss. Seems about the only times I can make the issue occur is low speed like under 25mph in neighborhoods on gentle curves. I haven't had any issues at all around town or with highway driving with the same kind of steering input. But like you said it is more dramatic with the steering set to sport than comfort just by way of how much assist the rack is applying it seems to pull it back straight.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
I (and others)have had sort of similar issues, but usually when its cooler outside, or pavement is wet, When you back out and turn steering wheel, one tire sort of skips/pops on the pavement several times...this happens to me in the winter when backing out of driveway, you hear and feel an audible thumpthumpthump and the car sort of jerks a bit...
Sponsored