Sponsored

Steering Feel & Pull Drift Compensation (PDC)

mtmtko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Thank you for sharing the coding for disabling PDC.
I had 4 alignments done and every time the steering was fine for a short time but after a day or so the car was pulling to one side - but not constantly-kinda hard to explain - felt weird.

After disabling PDC the steering felt more direct without the artificial play and the pulling to one side was gone. I drove it a day with PDC off and enabled it after that. Seems like it recalibrates itself after beeing disabled for some time because the steering is perfect again.
According to the ford technician that did the alignment there is no software procedure / no reset that has to be done after an alignment.

Btw: Resetting the longitudinal Sensor in Forscan on the other hand did nothing.

When the Epas with Pdc works I think itā€™s an amazing system
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hinch42

Hinch42

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
@mtmtko I was experiencing the same symptoms leading to constant alignments. PDC has been off since I found out how to disable it.

@Marcin38 is working on some exciting hardware/software changes for our steering concerns. Looking forward to hearing more about his developments.

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
I've been waiting to try this for a few weeks... just did it last night and let me tell ya. The car feels a lot more like I am in control of it and not the all the nanny software. 10/10 recommend

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I've been waiting to try this for a few weeks... just did it last night and let me tell ya. The car feels a lot more like I am in control of it and not the all the nanny software. 10/10 recommend
Does this disable the feel of the different steering modes? Is PDC a layer of control on top of the steering modes?

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
Does this disable the feel of the different steering modes? Is PDC a layer of control on top of the steering modes?
currently adjusting my barton alignment. Then Iā€™ll go test drive it and report back

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Steering modes still function correctly!
That's good! Going to try this out the next time I have the laptop connected to the car.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I'm very interested in this. Can you describe the change(s) more?

Is there actual steering feel? Or is there just a change in weight like changing the modes?

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
do anyone know if this will work on 2015-2017 or is it a facelift thing. I'm tempted to try it.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It works on the 2 gen

Sponsored

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
I'm very interested in this. Can you describe the change(s) more?

Is there actual steering feel? Or is there just a change in weight like changing the modes?
I'm going to try my best here - I'm only a couple of days into this but this is my experience so far.

After i installed my suspension and wider tires (see signature - i did it all at once) I noticed only a minor change to how the steering felt. Almost like the computer was compensating for the changes. I noticed additional harshness to the ride but steering lacked a change for the amount of stuff that was changed.

With this disabled - It felt like what i was expecting with changing from base suspension to a solid track focused build. The wheel does get a slight heavier feel to it. My input on the wheel seems to give the car the input I'm expecting and not so much turning a wheel on a racing simulation kind of feel (if that makes sense). When you hit some uneven road surfaces - you will notice the wheel following it rather than correcting it.

Overall you can feel the road surface a lot more in the wheel as well. It doesn't feel like a passenger car now.

Hope that helps

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Disabled PDC yesterday, definitely more direct and precise.

You do need to pay more attention on the highway though as it's easier to drift out of a lane.

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
Disabled PDC yesterday, definitely more direct and precise.

You do need to pay more attention on the highway though as it's easier to drift out of a lane.
I havenā€™t noticed the highway drifting yet. But Iā€™ll keep an eye on it

mtmtko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
A small summary for whom is interested in this topic or has the same issue.
The issue: After hitting a curbstone pretty good with the a front wheel - the steering was crooked ( off to the left a bit).
The car got several alignments. Everytime the steering was straight for about a week - after that the steering was off a bit again.

Disabling PDC changes the steering - eliminating the extra torque applied for road conditions - but that was not the Problem.

After adujisting the toe every week or so I decided to get the whole steering rack replaced. Hitting the curbstone must have damaged the rack internaly.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Is there any kind of tutorial for how to navigate through these changes? I have the Bluetooth scanner and forscan program but get lost in the software.

I also have the cables and program on my laptop but can't make heads or tails of any of it.

I find my steering to be extremely precise in the car goes exactly where I want it, but the feel is severely lacking.
Sponsored

Last edited: