Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Bluemustang

Just wondering why you would skip the Differential Bushing Lockouts?

NVH. Depending on the RPM they transfer differential noise to the sub-frame. Not too noticeable with the windows down or the stereo on. Steeda claims theirs don't cause NVH but they do.
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Bluemustang

Just wondering why you would skip the Differential Bushing Lockouts?
NVH. Depending on the RPM they transfer differential noise to the sub-frame. Not too noticeable with the windows down or the stereo on. Steeda claims theirs don't cause NVH but they do.
Yes, there’s your answer :like:

Luckily my NVH only seems to be at low speed, on and off throttle situations where I hear a bit of gear whine.

It’s quiet, but it’s there. I don’t hear it at faster road speeds, but that’s probably assisted by the H pipe.

Make your choice and live with it. Fit them with the risk of a little NVH, or don’t fit them and risk tearing the standard diff bushes (luck and driving habits dependant) :like:

WD :like:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You probably need to jack up the rear tire slightly to access the rear shock tops
Way more than slightly. And my forearm isn't remotely like Popeye.

Unless you WANT to get into fiddling, get the Bilstein or fp track. Personally I would suggest you do just the front springs and the front bar in addition to dampers at 4 corners. AKA Leave the stock rear bar and spring alone.

I would have recommended the white line diff and IRS bushings over the bmr equivalent.

You didn't mention IRS alignment dowels. I'd be sure to get a set.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Depending on the RPM they transfer differential noise to the sub-frame. Not too noticeable with the windows down or the stereo on. Steeda claims theirs don't cause NVH but they do.
Yup, you get them at their resonate frequency and they sing, not kill me now, but quite obvious.

Whiteline make much less racket.

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
The last thing I need are Shocks and Struts. What kit is the best and why? Steeda Pro Action non adjust, Bilstien B6 or Ford Performance Track. Please advise.
I have the same car, non-P1. I got the Steeda Min Drop springs with the FP Track dampers. The car rides fantastic on terrible Michigan roads. Also, the Eibach bump stops (do not trim).

Sponsored

geezer stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt,base
Greetings,

I own a 2022 Mustang GT Premium, non PP1. I have purchased all my suspension parts over Black Friday for a Spring install. BMR Sways & End Links, BMR Differential Lockout Bushing Kit, BMR Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit II, and Steeda Minimum Drop Linear 200lb Front-800lb Rear Springs.

The last thing I need are Shocks and Struts. What kit is the best and why? Steeda Pro Action non adjust, Bilstien B6 or Ford Performance Track. Please advise.

Thanks.........
very intrested how this install will go...please keep us posted!

GrayMater22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium
Greetings,

I own a 2022 Mustang GT Premium, non PP1. I have purchased all my suspension parts over Black Friday for a Spring install. BMR Sways & End Links, BMR Differential Lockout Bushing Kit, BMR Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit II, and Steeda Minimum Drop Linear 200lb Front-800lb Rear Springs.

Thanks.........
[/QUOT
Greetings,

Thanks.........
I have the steeda pro action non adjustable’s with minimum drop springs and they ride waayyy better than the stock set up, absorbs the road and stays flat in corners with little to 0 nose dive and squat. Like others have stated, the steeda IRS brace and alignment dows were by far my best suspension mod, the rear end is just plain sloppy without it.

steathv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 California Special
i like the Shelby GT350 194 # front springs wih Ford Racing Struts and stock rear springs with Koni action shocks. Running Shelby G350 R front sway bar, and Hochkiss rear bar se on soft, PP2
alignment, great for a street setup.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Steeda Minimum Drop Linear 200lb Front-800lb Rear Springs.
The last thing I need are Shocks and Struts. What kit is the best and why?
Ford Performance Struts & Shocks !
Why, they just work that good, they are an OEM component (Shelby GT350 valving) and most of all the kit comes with new Strut Bearings and Bump Stops (Trimming required for best ride and performance, search my posts on trimming)

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Bilsteins and Steeda minimum drop spings coupled with BMR CB005 and full PP1 bracing with 285/35/19 on 19 x 10 flow forms here, rides like dream.

Sponsored

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
I took a slightly different approach to this. here's a super high tech diagram:
1703777342396.png

I just did the red ones in the rear based on a theory Kelly from Kelltrac shared a while back.
that is a super high quality diagram of the IRS setup. the blue circles are the front diff ears.
the white circles are the rear. the red lines are the bushing inserts. the green square is your pinion bearing.

that pinion bearing is the thing generating that resonate frequency at highway speed.
see where it is? right between the blue ears. so the theory is this, leave those blue ones alone and stiffen just the rears which stops the diff from tilting and twisting under load.

its been weeks and hundreds of miles and I think he's been proven correct.

diff movement is reduced tremendously, and ZERO increase in NVH that i can tell.

of course i did the steeda adjustable shocks in the rear at the same time so that probably had some effect on the massive reduction in wheel hop but that diff moving enough to tear a bushing wasn't helping any.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have the steeda pro action non adjustable’s with minimum drop springs and they ride waayyy better than the stock set up, absorbs the road and stays flat in corners with little to 0 nose dive and squat. Like others have stated, the steeda IRS brace and alignment dows were by far my best suspension mod, the rear end is just plain sloppy without it.
I have the Steeda Progressive Sports and Their Non-Adj Pro-Act Shocks/Struts.

I just installed Sunday so they have time to settle still, but the difference on a stock stock base mustang to here is night and day.

It handles amazingly and is not to bumpy over bumps and such. So far I am happy as they are way better than my previous car experience with bc racing coilovers which were super harsh despite being such a small drop (1”, same as these steeda items).

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Steeda Progressive Sports and Their Non-Adj Pro-Act Shocks/Struts.

I just installed Sunday so they have time to settle still, but the difference on a stock stock base mustang to here is night and day.

It handles amazingly and is not to bumpy over bumps and such. So far I am happy as they are way better than my previous car experience with bc racing coilovers which were super harsh despite being such a small drop (1”, same as these steeda items).
I want to note this is my DD car so I am not extremely interested in adjustability.
Sponsored