Sponsored

Steeda springs and bumps

Comp550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I have a 2015 Mustang GT w/2.9 Whipple with Steeda sport springs and Steeda pro action struts and shocks. I have had this setup for 5 years and 40k miles. The ride quality is very rough on poor roads. The car hits small bumps in the road that feel like the car bottomed out. I drove a car with generic springs and same wheel setup. The ride was night and day compared to mine. Anyone else have issues with the Steeda sport springs?
Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Sounds like it can be the shocks that have gone bad. I would take them off and test them to see if they are still working as they should.

Beaujangles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have the same setup plus a lot of other Steeda stuff under my Bullitt, minus the Whipple however, and yes it does tend to be a bit rough riding and seems to bottom out in the rear on crappy roads which fortunately I don't encounter often where I live...however I am happy to trade a bit of ride comfort for the handling and high speed
stability that came with the chassis mods which would be a definite plus with F/I.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
Yeah, every car i've ever had that bottoms out especially after being lowered -> bad shocks or ones that are not valved right to deal with the spring rate of the new springs.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Bummer man.

Sport progressive springs are too soft for the amount of lowering (imho), which means you’re banging the bumpstops too often. A stiffer spring would actually ride better in many of those situations because it wouldnt limply let the vehicle hit the stops so easily. (Depends on the roads and speeds). Hopefully you trimmed the bumpstops when you had the springs installed or you have very little travel before the bumpstops.

the non adjuatable pro action shocks are basically a budget shock and the internals are not as good for damening noise as a monotube like Ford Performance or Bilstein, and yes, after only 40k miles theres a good chance they’re worn out.

Shocks are really important to getting a car to ride well even with stiff springs or bad roads.
Sponsored