Sponsored

steeda spherical bearing quality question.

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
hey guys i had some spherical bearing items on my last car (392 charger) from bmr and i loved them for about a 6 weeks then the sqeeks started. i tried sprays, lubes and dust boots but every few days i would need to do it again untill replacement was the only option. i could have bought high end ones but bmr did keep swapping them out for free so i didnt. either way im affraid to go that route again but a few parts i want it seems spherical bearing is the only option. those with steeda parts do you have those issues as well or what is the cure so i dont have to mess with them.
Sponsored

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I have Steeda spherical bearings in my front and rear control arms with no issues. If you do have an issue with anything, they are very responsive with great customer service.

OP
OP
smokescreens

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
I have Steeda spherical bearings in my front and rear control arms with no issues. If you do have an issue with anything, they are very responsive with great customer service.
so no lubrication at all? or how often with what lube are you using?

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I believe they are all PTFE (Teflon) lined races, so you don't want to use any lubricant on them, it'll just attract dirt.

OP
OP
smokescreens

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
I believe they are all PTFE (Teflon) lined races, so you don't want to use any lubricant on them, it'll just attract dirt.
that would be great if no lube is needed. i ran my originals like that but it was not long before the sqeaks came out. by lubes i was using dry lubes.

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I have a completely upgraded suspension with exclusively all Steeda parts and never had an issue with anything squeaking, rattling, or breaking. Doesn't mean it can't happen, but I haven't had any issues.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Our tech team is in the office today if you would like to give them a ring.

No lube is required.

TJ

Last edited:
OP
OP
smokescreens

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
Our tech team is in the office today if you would like to give them a ring.

No lube is required.

TJ
i might have too. i seen you guys offer or offered a discount code for the forum?

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
hey guys i had some spherical bearing items on my last car (392 charger) from bmr and i loved them for about a 6 weeks then the sqeeks started. i tried sprays, lubes and dust boots but every few days i would need to do it again untill replacement was the only option. i could have bought high end ones but bmr did keep swapping them out for free so i didnt. either way im affraid to go that route again but a few parts i want it seems spherical bearing is the only option. those with steeda parts do you have those issues as well or what is the cure so i dont have to mess with them.
Here at BMR we only use Viking Performance rod ends in our parts. The particular rod end you are referring too are XMR12 they were used in some of the Mopar and Ford parts. We did recieve a batch that did make noise. We now have a proprietary rod end from Viking Performance with upgraded teflon coating inside that we use instead of the XMR12 in some applications.

Last edited:
OP
OP
smokescreens

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
that is good to know. i know it was a nightmare for me. its been over a year but i believe the guy i was dealing with was frank. great service but the rod ends were horrible. he did tell me they were playing with the injected plastic composition trying to find a better product. i had to different batches but not much better from each other.

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
This is one of the reasons I prefer the SuperPro (or other) Polyurethane bushings. They can squeak too, but they don't if they're lubed. You get 90% of the advantage of a spherical with 10% of the problems.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
But isn't one of the spherical replacement bearings our only option for the lower control arm bearing?

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Also we only use rod ends on the Mopar parts not spherical bearings as a true spherical bearing is normally pressed into a housing. We haven't had any issues with our spherical bearings. For anyone concerned with NVH we do recommend using the seal it boots like you said upon first install as it does help with NVH. Anytime a soft factory bushing is replaced with a bearing or solid joint you will have some added increase in NVH.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
If you're putting silicone spray on a spherical, it helps to warm it (don't fry the damned thing) with a heat gun to open the clearances a little.
Sponsored