Sponsored

Steeda S550 Mustang Front Roll Center & Bumpsteer Correction Kit (15-19 All)

drudis

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dariusrudis.net
First Name
Darius
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium - SpongeBob Yellow
Car is stored offsite, otherwise I would MEASURE the bumpsteer before/after.
Plan on posting findings in springtime, when she comes out of hibernation.
Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I also had the car on the ground and it was still not parrael.

I always use a level and put it across the bump steer and the control arm to adjust the space. That has always worked perfectly with the OEM control arm.

drudis

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dariusrudis.net
First Name
Darius
Vehicle(s)
"Parallel" is not necessarily the actual location. Its a good ballpark, but not necessarily the perfect position.
You actually have to use bumpsteer equipment and MEASURE, to get the right bumpsteer.
It took several evenings, and I got my Fox Mustang to within .020" on +/- 2.0" of travel.
DSCN0725.jpg

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Most of us have no choice to follow the instructions and make it parrael with lower arm.

No alignment shop have the correct software or a winch to pull the car down and up to adjust the bump steer.

So basically this bump steer kit is only good for someone that can use a professional bump steer equipment and measure it until they have achieved the correct amount of bump steer.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
i had mine installed at a shop that is experienced setting up bump steer kits. Lowered on Ford street lowering springs, so about an inch.
20180628_181912.jpg

Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
i had mine installed at a shop that is experienced setting up bump steer kits. Lowered on Ford street lowering springs, so about an inch.
20180628_181912.jpg
you have the OEM control arms or steeda?you are also maxed out on your spacers just like mine And is not parrael with the arm.

But my car (customers) car has the steeda arms that also drops it another 0.0625".

My opinion is that we need a different bump steer kit with the new control arm so we have more adjustment.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
@SteedaTech

Do you have any advice for those of us that need this with the new lateral link?

How did Steeda do it on their race car? I'm going to need to tell my shop what they'll need to do.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
you have the OEM control arms or steeda?you are also maxed out on your spacers just like mine And is not parrael with the arm.

But my car (customers) car has the steeda arms that also drops it another 0.0625".

My opinion is that we need a different bump steer kit with the new control arm so we have more adjustment.
I have the steeda arms.

I don't understand what your seeing.

The tie rod is completely parallel with the lateral link. Any change up or down and its not going to be parallel anymore. Look at the black space between the tie rod and the lateral link from the inboard side to the threads. It's the exact same spacing from one side to the other.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
"Parallel" is not necessarily the actual location. Its a good ballpark, but not necessarily the perfect position.
You actually have to use bumpsteer equipment and MEASURE, to get the right bumpsteer.
It took several evenings, and I got my Fox Mustang to within .020" on +/- 2.0" of travel.
DSCN0725.jpg

Drudis, You are correct. The stack on the Steeda bumpsteer kit is 0.593.

Plus, we have had several competent alignment shops do bumpsteer with no issues. Probably not within .020 which is awesome and takes a lot of work! At Steeda we get within 1/32” or less through jounce and rebound using this kit with the extended ball joint. We have sold hundreds of these kits with no issues. Furthermore, all the top racers and record setters have used this or a similar combination for the last 30 years through the different Mustang platforms.

Steeda Tech

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Drudis, You are correct. The stack on the Steeda bumpsteer kit is 0.593.

Plus, we have had several competent alignment shops do bumpsteer with no issues. Probably not within .020 which is awesome and takes a lot of work! At Steeda we get within 1/32” or less through jounce and rebound using this kit with the extended ball joint. We have sold hundreds of these kits with no issues. Furthermore, all the top racers and record setters have used this or a similar combination for the last 30 years through the different Mustang platforms.

Steeda Tech
@SteedaTech i bought the bumpsteer kit along with lateral links and tension links. I'll be getting everything delivered tomorrow and hope to have it installed by end of this week. I don't have any performance alignment shops located near me, so would normal alignment shops like Belle Tire, Firestone be able to get this setup aligned properly?

Sponsored

drudis

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dariusrudis.net
First Name
Darius
Vehicle(s)
Yes, ANY reputable alignment shop will set your alignment, and you will be all set. Personally, I would verify that they have expensive laser alignment rack (not small mom & pop shop). They can give you a printout of before/after alignments, and you will be just fine.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
@SteedaTech i bought the bumpsteer kit along with lateral links and tension links. I'll be getting everything delivered tomorrow and hope to have it installed by end of this week. I don't have any performance alignment shops located near me, so would normal alignment shops like Belle Tire, Firestone be able to get this setup aligned properly?
As drudis said you will be just fine. If your your alignment shop does have questions, please reach out to Jamie Bell at Steeda 954-960-0774
Thank you,
Steeda Tech

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
As drudis said you will be just fine. If your your alignment shop does have questions, please reach out to Jamie Bell at Steeda 954-960-0774
Thank you,
Steeda Tech
@SteedaTech, i got the bumpsteer kit and front control arms installed today. A couple of things were pointed out by the guy who installed these

i) The Steeda lateral links with extended ball joints don't have the rubber dust boot completely covering the space between knuckle and ball joint like the factory lateral link. Will this cause any issues since mine is a daily driver ?
ii) The nut on the bottom of the stud only has around 3 threads or so and he was skeptical of this saying it might not be sufficient enough.

Please see pictures below.

OEM lateral link

20181218_155926.jpg

Steeda lateral link

20181218_155930.jpg

Bumpsteer kit

20181218_163846.jpg
20181218_163854.jpg

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
@SteedaTech, i got the bumpsteer kit and front control arms installed today. A couple of things were pointed out by the guy who installed these

i) The Steeda lateral links with extended ball joints don't have the rubber dust boot completely covering the space between knuckle and ball joint like the factory lateral link. Will this cause any issues since mine is a daily driver ?
ii) The nut on the bottom of the stud only has around 3 threads or so and he was skeptical of this saying it might not be sufficient enough.

Please see pictures below.

OEM lateral link

20181218_155926.jpg

Steeda lateral link

20181218_155930.jpg

Bumpsteer kit

20181218_163846.jpg
20181218_163854.jpg
The picture shown with the lateral link is fine, as long as the lower portion of the stud and ball are protected.
The bumpsteer stud also looks correct, as long as you have good engagement into the nyloc part of the nut and you should be fine.

Thank you,

Steeda Tech

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
The picture shown with the lateral link is fine, as long as the lower portion of the stud and ball are protected.
The bumpsteer stud also looks correct, as long as you have good engagement into the nyloc part of the nut and you should be fine.

Thank you,

Steeda Tech
Thanks. I got everything installed including Stop the Hop kit as well today and took it in for alignment. The 30 mile or so drive to the alignment shop was a adventurous one, the car wanted to steer in every direction cause of the bumpy roads here in Michigan. They took care of it really quick with no questions asked. I didn't even give them the instructions that came with the Bumpsteer kit. This isn't a performance alignment shop but they did a good job and i was surprised to be honest. Here is how my alignment looks now. I could definitely notice a improved response in the steering, car changes direction quickly now. I'll provide more impressions after the 3000 mile round trip i'll be doing starting tomorrow from Michigan to Florida !

I'll be getting a performance alignment next summer but until then, i'm happy with this !

48415496_224910351719789_7945528002534703104_n.jpg
Sponsored