Sponsored

Steeda rear IRS bracing and BMR Jack Rails?? will they work together........

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Hi Guys,

21 GT here, I have Steeda rear IRS bracing on the stang, I want to add BMR jack rail, will this combo work? I know lots of people will say just get steeda rails, but i have had some crappy experience with steeda powder coating and there rails look thin and not upto BMRs build quality. Just my 2 cents.. Please let me know whatcha think.
Thanks Anthony

P.S. I ripped off the steeda front lower k member brace last month due to crappy welds and flaking powder coating. I am cautious about buying certain products from them. I added the BMR front lower k member brace and all is good.
Sponsored

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have all the steeda stuff and it fits great. I wouldnt think that the BMR full length Rails would work with the steeda irs bracing because they both tie at the same spot. Thats why Steeda makes that shorter version.

Last edited:

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1
They don't fit. I made that mistake! Ended up with the steeda jacking rails, which are designed to fit with the IRS braces

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I have all the steeda stuff and it fits great. I wouldnt think that the BMR full length Rails would work with the steeda irs bracing because they both tie at the same spot. Thats why Steeda makes that shorter version.
Hi, thanks for reply. That's what i was thinking, but wasn't 100% sure.
Anthony

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
They don't fit. I made that mistake! Ended up with the steeda jacking rails, which are designed to fit with the IRS braces
Thanks for reply and clarification. Which steeda rails did you yet? Part number??
Thanks Anthony

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1
MAGS1 has the same as mine.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I did the mix and match. Had to cut the rails

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I did the mix and match. Had to cut the rails
Thanks for reply. Oh ok, then I will go w steeda just due to the inconvenience. They seriously need to step up there powder coating & welding game, or get a new vendor..
Thanks Anthony

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thanks for reply. Oh ok, then I will go w steeda just due to the inconvenience. They seriously need to step up there powder coating & welding game, or get a new vendor..
Thanks Anthony
If I may ask, have you had issues with them in the past? I had my jacking rails on my ā€˜16 for 3 winters before transferring them to my ā€˜22 and they looked pretty good. Powder coat held up well to the salt.

Sponsored
OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
If I may ask, have you had issues with them in the past? I had my jacking rails on my ā€˜16 for 3 winters before transferring them to my ā€˜22 and they looked pretty good. Powder coat held up well to the salt.
Yeah, sure. 1st off stang is a 2021 GT. W only 11k miles, so haven't had car ir parts long and they shouldn't rust out or flake within 1 year. I bought the front lower k member brace from them about 1 year ago. 1st thing outta the box the holes didnt line up correctly w car. What shouldve been a 1 hour install turned into a 3 hour project.
Then not even 1 year, all the powdercoating started flaking and the 1 of the welds snapped on the brace, which made a huge clunking noise while making turns. I thought it was a bad BMR front sway bar that came loose. But nope, it was a steeda part.
I ripped it off car, put in dumpster and called it a day. Would never resell that junk to anyone else. It was a reject part.
Then I call steeda and they tell me.send it back they want to inspect it before they send me a new replacement. They shouldve sent me new replacement, w a return tag to send back that reject part. They complicated my life, instead of making it easy. So, now I'm hesitant to buy from them w there steeda parts.
Next, my rear IRS bracing is flaking off as well. Wtf.. part has been on car 1 year and that's becoming an issue as well.
My personal experienece

Last edited:
OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
My personal experinece is that the quality of there in-house parts have been lagging, welds, powder coating etc simply cheaper than BMR. And I'm no BMR fan boy. Just is what it is..
I also have steeda vertical links delrin bushings, there irs poly bushings kit, and will most likely get the subframe alignment kit and jacking rails.. but I am hesitant...
The BMR parts are def welded better, powderocated better and sturdier..
I've been using steeda for 20 years, My FoxBody was all steeda.. never had an issue. The S550 parts from them, no bueno!! There parts are in decline.
Anthony

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Your comments on the coating donā€™t surprise me, but the comments on the welds do. The fab work on my Steeda stuff was pretty good :

1667057591148.jpeg

WD :like:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yeah, sure. 1st off stang is a 2021 GT. W only 11k miles, so haven't had car ir parts long and they shouldn't rust out or flake within 1 year. I bought the front lower k member brace from them about 1 year ago. 1st thing outta the box the holes didnt line up correctly w car. What shouldve been a 1 hour install turned into a 3 hour project.
Then not even 1 year, all the powdercoating started flaking and the 1 of the welds snapped on the brace, which made a huge clunking noise while making turns. I thought it was a bad BMR front sway bar that came loose. But nope, it was a steeda part.
I ripped it off car, put in dumpster and called it a day. Would never resell that junk to anyone else. It was a reject part.
Then I call steeda and they tell me.send it back they want to inspect it before they send me a new replacement. They shouldve sent me new replacement, w a return tag to send back that reject part. They complicated my life, instead of making it easy. So, now I'm hesitant to buy from them w there steeda parts.
Next, my rear IRS bracing is flaking off as well. Wtf.. part has been on car 1 year and that's becoming an issue as well.
My personal experienece
Wow, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. Canā€™t say I blame you with that type of experience

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Your comments on the coating donā€™t surprise me, but the comments on the welds do. The fab work on my Steeda stuff was pretty good :

1667057591148.jpeg

WD :like:
Yeah man, they are not consistent.. you got lucky!! Lol
Sponsored