Sponsored

Steeda Progressive Springs ?

bjblackout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
First off wanted to ask what do you think is a fair average cost for install of steeda progressive springs in front and rear of an 18 GT??

Second question is do you usually need spacers for front wheels when doing progressive springs on an 18 pp1 with stock wheels. Do they usually look too tucked in the wheel well.

Any info would be helpful, thanks!!
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Springs don’t make the wheel sit further in or out
Just lower or higher. I did myself but I think shops would charge 700-800 for that

RangersGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I did springs, shocks and struts, shock mounts, and sway bars in my carport. Used jack stands and took about a day with basic hand tools. Not that hard of a job just time consuming. I have the Pro-Action shocks and struts with the FP track pack springs and bars. To get the tires to tuck inside you will need an alignment for that. Good luck!

OP
OP
bjblackout

bjblackout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Springs don’t make the wheel sit further in or out
Just lower or higher. I did myself but I think shops would charge 700-800 for that
I know it does nothing to the stance but lower it but the question I was trying to ask is does it look bad once lowered with springs with the tires still in the stock position. Does lowering the car exaggerate that look of them tucked in too far??

OP
OP
bjblackout

bjblackout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I did springs, shocks and struts, shock mounts, and sway bars in my carport. Used jack stands and took about a day with basic hand tools. Not that hard of a job just time consuming. I have the Pro-Action shocks and struts with the FP track pack springs and bars. To get the tires to tuck inside you will need an alignment for that. Good luck!
Yeah I got a quote for 560 and that includes an alignment.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
After I lowered my car, I decided for spacers. It looked tucked imo

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I paid $525 for install and alignment at a specialty shop. Others quoted $700-1000.

Spacers aren't very expensive, if you want to push the wheels out a little.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I got a quote for 560 and that includes an alignment.
Hey that's not a bad offer! Just make sure they clock the rubber bushings after lower it (probably while its on the alignment rack).

You'll find out exactly what the car looks like soon. No need to buy spacers ahead of time really. They don't swing in noticeably, just a slight tilt due to a small amount of camber gain.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We charge $495 for Installation with the four-wheel alignment on a Mustang Coupe as a point of reference.

Best Regards,

TJ

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Steeda, that is absolutely great. May I ask what you charge for installing the Stop the Hop Kits? I have to drive 3.5-4 hours to get to you in GA and considering doing that versus going local BECAUSE I know you have installed many of the kits.

We charge $495 for Installation with the four-wheel alignment on a Mustang Coupe as a point of reference.

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Damn steeda. That’s cheap, but you guys are probably quick as hell at it

took me and my friend all day.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Shoot me an email with your contact info - I will have to have our team write that install up for you & quote it - I don't have that cost avaialbe.

TJ

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I just sent you a message.

Shoot me an email with your contact info - I will have to have our team write that install up for you & quote it - I don't have that cost avaialbe.

TJ

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
s does it look bad once lowered with springs with the tires still in the stock position.
I don't think so but I also don't get this manic fascination people have with 'flush' either. Look at my albums and see for yourself. The Green car is on Steeda progressive springs and PP1 wheels. If you're gonna go to the trouble of spring swap then swap the dampers while you're at it.

Have you given Jax Automotive in Herndon VA a phone call? His labor rate is $80/hr and he's done my 2 mustangs with all the Steeda/BMR bits and suspension. It's a lot shorter drive than Steeda - nothing against those guys...

Also why not ask in the MD/VA tri-state section of the forum? There's a few known good shops outside the beltway in MD.

OP
OP
bjblackout

bjblackout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I don't think so but I also don't get this manic fascination people have with 'flush' either. Look at my albums and see for yourself. The Green car is on Steeda progressive springs and PP1 wheels. If you're gonna go to the trouble of spring swap then swap the dampers while you're at it.

Have you given Jax Automotive in Herndon VA a phone call? His labor rate is $80/hr and he's done my 2 mustangs with all the Steeda/BMR bits and suspension. It's a lot shorter drive than Steeda - nothing against those guys...

Also why not ask in the MD/VA tri-state section of the forum? There's a few known good shops outside the beltway in MD.
Like I stated in a prior post I have someone to do it but was just putting the price out there to see if people thought it was a fair price
Sponsored