Sponsored

Steeda progressive springs

cb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang
Just wondered if anyone is running the steeda progressive springs with stock shocks?
I'm not a big fan of lowering but wondered what the ride quality is like (compared to stock) with this combination?
Sponsored

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 - Race Red
Just wondered if anyone is running the steeda progressive springs with stock shocks?
I'm not a big fan of lowering but wondered what the ride quality is like (compared to stock) with this combination?
I’ve got a 2019 PP1 without magneride, and have been running the Steeda Sport Progressives with the stock dampers for a couple months. There is a slight increase is stiffness for daily driving, but it’s not significant. I barely can tell any difference when I’m riding alone, and can feel a little more stiffness if I have a passenger, which makes sense with a progressive spring. It’s definitely not an uncomfortable ride and I would certainly recommend it.

OP
OP

cb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang
Thanks for the reply, that's certainly encouraging- the main thing i don't want to do is end up with a harsh ride, especially as the stock ride quality is very good

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the reply, that's certainly encouraging- the main thing i don't want to do is end up with a harsh ride, especially as the stock ride quality is very good
I was worried about the same thing when adding the springs, but I have been happy with the ride. I did later switch to 20” wheels with lower profile tires, and that had more of an effect than the springs did, although it is still a pretty good ride. As a result I'm currently swapping over to some Steeda Pro Active dampers to see how those work out.

OP
OP

cb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang
Cool, man I had an insignia years ago on 20s - talk about boneshaker!
My old focus ST was the same stock, really ruins the enjoyment for me!......having said that, the Mustang is in a totally different league to both of those! Best thing I ever did, trading in my golf r for a big 5.0!!

Sponsored

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool, man I had an insignia years ago on 20s - talk about boneshaker!
My old focus ST was the same stock, really ruins the enjoyment for me!......having said that, the Mustang is in a totally different league to both of those! Best thing I ever did, trading in my golf r for a big 5.0!!
I came from a 2019 WRX, which was a really fun car to drive, but the ride was pretty rough. I remember test driving the Mustang felt like I was in a luxury car. LOL

OP
OP

cb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang
Lol same, still love the way mine gets down the road! I had a WRX years & years ago, mk2 - that's the only car I've ever had that's even close to the awesome sound of the Mustang!!
Sponsored