You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I think it's great that you've actually gotten some very good feedback and neutral responses. Asking a question like that, how can you hope for more than fan boy responses? Like a couple others mentioned, I have a lot of respect for both Steeda and BMR. They are both great companies providing great products to help us build or personalize our Mustang.

I've done quite a bit of modification on my last 3 Mustangs and have had parts from both companies. However, I like to first decide what it is I want out of the car and then evaluate which I think has the best solution for my specific needs. Then stick with that company for the most part to benefit from any engineering synergies, planned or otherwise.

Getting my S550 early (2015), I found Steeda had designed and engineered and built in the USA some very nice upgrade components and their support was fantastic and very willing to help guide me. It seemed for the most part, the BMR parts would come a little later. That isn't a bad thing if you're building later after both have solutions available. In the end, you have to make your own decision. I'd recommend first think long term, what do you really want to do with your car. Then contact both companies and hear how they can help you. But to open up a popularity contest and get lame answers like X-Company Rules! Only buy X! You get all the fan boys that haven't really compared and have no real idea. They bought X so they think X is the best.
Agreed! I can say I've had every BMR and Steeda part on my car which has given me first hand experience with both companies and I'm sure not many can. They get what they are recommend and BAM fanboy.

I will say I'm surprised with the above mentioned bad customer service from Steeda. I have my usual contacts there but almost 30 years of buying their parts for 15 different Mustangs and I have never had ANY bad customer service.
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Also, from a customer support standpoint ... we are on the boards as much as we can be helping customers with questions & potential customers with as much guidance as we can provide. It is a one the perks you get when you purchase from Steeda!

Best Regards,

TJ

Sally15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium MT-82 PP; black/black.
Black Friday got me some IRS Steeda components and BMR vertical links. I was happy to see this thread. There's a lot to learn and figure out in order to make proper selections. After this stuff gets on, it'll be time to see if the more advanced things are worth it. Finances stopped me from going completely overboard...

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sally15,

We have a great facility just north of you in Valdosta - we have many events & great install facility.

Happy to have you down!

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Stuck between steeda and BMR. I already have the steeda differential insert bushings and steeda IRS bushing support. Was looking into buying the steeda sub frames braces or the BMR cradle lock out. Wondering if I should start switching to BMR or continue with steeda
In your specific case, it seems (naturally) the next move to take would be to finish off the package with matching components. While I am a firm believer in our components, and do believe nothing is better than BMR all-around, I think you should complete the package since you are so close. If it does not meet your expectations, or needs, then feel free to give me a call to discuss.

Acquire those braces and enjoy!

As for the direction the thread has gone, comparing the two companies, each company has their own methods to developing and offering products, and building their brand.

We are not really big into marketing. We do not really sponsor...nor give people incentives to acquire and promote our product. Our philosophy is to design and manufacture parts that we have found to be the best all-around products - and let the product, knowledge and service build our brand. As a matter of fact, our competitors sponsors routinely come to us at some point, happens just about weekly. I tend to be more straight forward and to the point, and take what I do very passionately.

In the 2005-2014 and 2015+ Mustang markets, BMR is known as the place to go for chassis and suspension components when you want to get the best performance for your dollar. Proof of this is shown in the combination of the amount of volume of product we build and ship, combined with the amazing amount of records that are set using our products. From drag racing, to autoX and road course. Our primary focus is to design and test a product until it meets our performance target, then implement additional designs and changes to ensure the products are suitable or street use for the average enthusiast. Once that is achieved, we rigorously test our products to try and promote premature failure. Occasionally we will design a product that could likely work fine for the masses...and we often redesign and re-test again and again until the product hits out goals and targets. These examples can be seen right here on this forum, where I have made posts about components during development and testing, to only end up offering products that are completely different. :headbonk:

The moral of the story is, you will not find a better value than BMR when it comes to performance, knowledge, durability, service and technical support. Those are what we rely on to ensure our brand has the image and reputation that we acquired over the past 20 years.

Good luck OP, and if you ever have any questions or need any help, don't hesitate to ask. I assist people all hours of the day...7 days a week, regardless of the brand they use. Just ask @Jmeo ;)

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Just looking at the hardware...and I might be wrong, seems like the BMR kit is more comprehensive in terms of keeping the movement to be strictly vertical. It might be the reason why there's a tad more NVH as reported. Also the structure of the brace is different, it has a "stub" that centers the front mounting point and deletes the "black plates" (whatever that's called), I consider this to be an advantage

I went with BMR because of this and because it's cheaper. The Steeda, I believe, works in a slightly different principle but the same goal. I do like the brace, but then you lose the 2 bolts on the side of the car (that I needed) but you keep the "black plates". Honestly, I don't like to keep the "black plates" because I think it's part of the problem.

Take it with a grain of salt, I might be wrong.

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Both work fine and are comparable to each other. Not sure how some can say one has more NVH than the other since they accomplish the same thing. After installing similar items, my car rides and sounds the same as it did before the install.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
In your specific case, it seems (naturally) the next move to take would be to finish off the package with matching components. While I am a firm believer in our components, and do believe nothing is better than BMR all-around, I think you should complete the package since you are so close. If it does not meet your expectations, or needs, then feel free to give me a call to discuss.

Acquire those braces and enjoy!

As for the direction the thread has gone, comparing the two companies, each company has their own methods to developing and offering products, and building their brand.

We are not really big into marketing. We do not really sponsor...nor give people incentives to acquire and promote our product. Our philosophy is to design and manufacture parts that we have found to be the best all-around products - and let the product, knowledge and service build our brand. As a matter of fact, our competitors sponsors routinely come to us at some point, happens just about weekly. I tend to be more straight forward and to the point, and take what I do very passionately.

In the 2005-2014 and 2015+ Mustang markets, BMR is known as the place to go for chassis and suspension components when you want to get the best performance for your dollar. Proof of this is shown in the combination of the amount of volume of product we build and ship, combined with the amazing amount of records that are set using our products. From drag racing, to autoX and road course. Our primary focus is to design and test a product until it meets our performance target, then implement additional designs and changes to ensure the products are suitable or street use for the average enthusiast. Once that is achieved, we rigorously test our products to try and promote premature failure. Occasionally we will design a product that could likely work fine for the masses...and we often redesign and re-test again and again until the product hits out goals and targets. These examples can be seen right here on this forum, where I have made posts about components during development and testing, to only end up offering products that are completely different. :headbonk:

The moral of the story is, you will not find a better value than BMR when it comes to performance, knowledge, durability, service and technical support. Those are what we rely on to ensure our brand has the image and reputation that we acquired over the past 20 years.

Good luck OP, and if you ever have any questions or need any help, don't hesitate to ask. I assist people all hours of the day...7 days a week, regardless of the brand they use. Just ask @Jmeo ;)

He's not kidding! Kelly has been there for me off hours more than anyone I can think of lol. During weekends, nights and even once while he was on a plane flight.

Re reading what I wrote I'd like to make sure my post reads to the point I was trying t to make. Both Steeda and Kelly (BMR) are in my experience top of the line. I have zero bad feelings with the BMR parts, ZERO. I have spent way more than I'd care to admit and spent countless hours installing every IRS part both companies have to offer. I think this gives me a good idea of how the pieces from both company worked first hand, not word of mouth. In the end I used what I feel worked best for ME and this is what I want people to know. I am by no means trying to say what I think works better and it is what someone should get. As a matter of fact I suggested the OP to do his research and make his decision based on what he wants. I was open about what kid of car I want and admittedly most people are not going to be so picky as me lol.

I have seen fanboys for both companies (and many more) and thats why I say to do your own research. I don't consider myself a fanboy, I like what I like, I don't like to skimp and I spend the money on what I feel is the best and I won't settle for what I think is second best. This is true for every part I buy or anything I buy for that matter.

I am sponsored by NO company, none, nada. To date, every single part I have installed on every one of my cars was bought and paid for with my own money, not one part was gifted.

Kelly is a great guy who is very passionate at what he does. He goes above and beyond to help and I for one am grateful for the help he has given me. He has always been 100% honest with me and has never tried to sell me something just to sell. In fact he has advised me against buying parts at all trying to help me reach the end goal he knows I'm looking for. I would go as far to say I consider Kelly a friend.

Steeda has provided me with top notch, excellent customer service for 20+ years. I've dealt with multiple people here over the years but all of them have been excellent as well.

End point: I suggest everyone do the research. If you ask someone for advice, ask them for their reasoning for their advice. If they cant tell you with certainty why they believe in said part from their own experience its most likely because someone's uncle's cousin's wife's gardener told them so -or- fanboy.

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda fan here. Their manufacturing facility is top notch. Friendly folks there too.
Appreciate the shoutout ... some great photos of that facility in case anyone is interested in coming down!

steedamanufacturing1large.jpg

steedamanufacturing4large.jpg

steedamanufacturing5large.jpg

:cheers:

TJ

Sponsored

Erez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum GT Manual
I am considering one of the two (Or both??) to try and prevent the dreaded vibration.
From my understanding, one of the causes could be the connection of the DS and the rear axle so I am looking for something that will prevent that connection from getting out of balance.

- Steeda IRS subframe brace
- BMR IRS cradle bushing lock out

Which one do you reckon will fit my purpose best? (Or maybe another option that I am missing) I noticed the Steeda connects to the chassis so not sure if it will achieve what I am after? Could not quite understand where the BMR connects to.

Cheers,

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I am considering one of the two (Or both??) to try and prevent the dreaded vibration.
From my understanding, one of the causes could be the connection of the DS and the rear axle so I am looking for something that will prevent that connection from getting out of balance.

Which one do you reckon will fit my purpose best? (Or maybe another option that I am missing) I noticed the Steeda connects to the chassis so not sure if it will achieve what I am after? Could not quite understand where the BMR connects to.

The Steeda IRS subframe brace is the most comprehensive structural support brace on the market. Eliminating chassis vibration above 50 mph. Coupled with the Steeda IRS bushing support system you will have the ultimate package to control the rear subframe assembly. Patent pending to be issued soon.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)

Cheers,
There is no other bolt-in/on product on the market today that eliminates as much subframe movement as our CB005 Kit does.

To reach the level of our CB005 Kit - you either have to install solid metal or Delrin Subframe bushings, or install a myriad of components from other companies.

The intention of our CB005 is to ensure the IRS Subframe is mounted as rigidly as possible, removing most of the deflection, while keeping the NVH down.

Feel free to browse our installation instructions on our CB005. It may give you a better idea of how the product works.

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/siteart/install/CB005.pdf

Its an hour install - super simple. Good luck!:cheers:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I chose Steeda's package because I am "road-course oriented" (not that I can afford to do it often) and liked the concept of bracing IRS movement to the chassis effectively at two points. I went through this same internal debate, though, myself - especially when I was thinking about the price of the BMR solution vs. Steeda's (which is more expensive).

Steeda's IRS brace uses a few of the same mounting locations that Ford uses for the convertible chassis bracing - on the subframe just behind where the Steeda Jacking Rails bolt into and on the IRS support bracket (which is replaced by BMR's CB005 entirely). It also bolts to a hard point on IRS itself. Personally, I suggest going with the Steeda brace since you already have the IRS bushing supports, which would be replaced by the BMR piece. And also, dig in a little more and get LCA bearings installed (Steeda and BMR offer them; neither interfere with, just enhance, each other's IRS bracing methodology). This will be the most noticeable contributor to wheel hop/IRS slop reduction.

Again personally, if I was drag strip-oriented, I would favor the BMR CB005 for its effectiveness in this application for the price and would have bought that before I got the Steeda IRS bushing support package. But you already have the Steeda IRS bushing spuports, so... I think the Steeda IRS brace is going to make you very happy, should you choose to buy it. Don't feel like it was a mistake to not get the BMR part earlier - it wasn't. Both packages are good kit. Hell, there is a guy in my mustang club that apparently welded together the BMR CB005 + the Steeda IRS brace (since otherwise they're incompatible). I suppose you can try that if you have the skill - warranty ends at that point, though, haha! (He had a convertible and wanted both.)

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Our CB005 is actually a massive hit in the road course / handling world. With great track results to back it up. ;)

In for pics of the two welded together!
Sponsored