Steeda New Product Release - Steeda Mustang Trunk Pop Kit

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
well im always the one with bad luck. anyone else get these and they don't do so well? I got the lightweight ones because I have that baby useless spoiler hump wing thing LOL.. I click my trunk and it hangs then will slowly start to move then pop open and sometimes it just hangs and doesn't open but a few inches. Always me I always have to return stuff... I guess none else? everyone elses work fine? pop right open? Ill have to do a video hate returning stuff LOL
Well that sucks. I know this sounds totally ridiculous but did you try reversing them. I’ve seen stranger things work. Anyway Steeda will swap them out and you’ll be fine.
Sponsored

StealthFighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BOB
Vehicle(s)
-2019 GT premium a10 -pp1 -Shadow Black loaded
IT took me 60 seconds to put them on, In the next 10 seconds I almost got smacked in the face when I popped the trunk.
The new pistons make my PP1 Big wing equipped trunk lid FLY open, but they slow just before full open and it comes to a soft stop, closing needs a firm hand.
I really like this new kit, money well spent.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Got mine on this weekend also. Almost got smacked in the face after installation also due to not closing the decklid firmly enough. Somewhat disappointed that I can't actually launch objects like a trebuchet with the lid though. :crackup:

Big improvement over stock, I like it.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Well that sucks. I know this sounds totally ridiculous but did you try reversing them. I’ve seen stranger things work. Anyway Steeda will swap them out and you’ll be fine.
Ill try it Ill swap sides and see

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
well im always the one with bad luck. anyone else get these and they don't do so well? I got the lightweight ones because I have that baby useless spoiler hump wing thing LOL.. I click my trunk and it hangs then will slowly start to move then pop open and sometimes it just hangs and doesn't open but a few inches. Always me I always have to return stuff... I guess none else? everyone elses work fine? pop right open? Ill have to do a video hate returning stuff LOL

So, an interesting thing happened. Right after my "ZOMG It's just perfect!" post, it was time to hit the gym. I go out to the car, hit the button, and the trunk hung at about 2". I barely touched the bottom of the decklid and it flies open. Huh?

I close it, hit the button again, and it flew open. I thought, "Maybe the cold?" Tried unsuccessfully to replicate for the past 2 days. I even went out around midnight when it was even colder. It just flies open every single time after that. Maybe it needs a break-in period? :fingerscrossed:

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
So, an interesting thing happened. Right after my "ZOMG It's just perfect!" post, it was time to hit the gym. I go out to the car, hit the button, and the trunk hung at about 2". I barely touched the bottom of the decklid and it flies open. Huh?

I close it, hit the button again, and it flew open. I thought, "Maybe the cold?" Tried unsuccessfully to replicate for the past 2 days. I even went out around midnight when it was even colder. It just flies open every single time after that. Maybe it needs a break-in period? :fingerscrossed:
upload_2020-1-27_16-24-37.jpeg

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
My GT won't have a wing. If, however, I wanted to be on the safe side and to get the kit for the heavy wing, would there be any drawbacks? I'm thinking that in time, as the struts age, they might lose some of their strengh, so having a bit of extra power in reserve might not be a bad idea.
Will this be way too powerful, i.e. will it throw the trunk lid up too brutally?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
My GT won't have a wing. If, however, I wanted to be on the safe side and to get the kit for the heavy wing, would there be any drawbacks? I'm thinking that in time, as the struts age, they might lose some of their strengh, so having a bit of extra power in reserve might not be a bad idea.
Will this be way too powerful, i.e. will it throw the trunk lid up too brutally?
Go with Steeda’s recommendation. TJ told me to get the light ones for my GT/CS. Unless you spend all day opening your trunk the struts will outlive you.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I will probably open the trunk daily, sometimes even several times a day.
Back when I had a Mk4 Mondeo with the same kind of trunk lid, the stock struts lost their strength completely after about a year or so. In that case I didn't mind too much, because those struts were there not to open the lid, but just to assist me in opening it manually. So, apart from a slight increase in the force I had to put in raising the lid, I hadn't lost any functionality.
But if I get used to the lid opening by itself, losing this feature won't make me too happy. :)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I will probably open the trunk daily, sometimes even several times a day.
Back when I had a Mk4 Mondeo with the same kind of trunk lid, the stock struts lost their strength completely after about a year or so. In that case I didn't mind too much, because those struts were there not to open the lid, but just to assist me in opening it manually. So, apart from a slight increase in the force I had to put in raising the lid, I hadn't lost any functionality.
But if I get used to the lid opening by itself, losing this feature won't make me too happy. :)
Based on the videos posted by members who have the heavy struts I would be concerned about damaging your car should you decide to use them. That said it’s your choice.

Sponsored

MegaMagneticStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Turbo Mustang all Magnetic

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
Based on the videos posted by members who have the heavy struts I would be concerned about damaging your car should you decide to use them. That said it’s your choice.
Though mine pops and raises VERY quickly, it slows dramatically the last few inches before it is fully opened and tops out very softly. I suspect the mechanical advantage the pistons have is greatly diminished at the top of the stroke. I wouldn't worry at all about damaging the car, unless you back under the bumper of a tall truck and pop it :)

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Best.

Product.

Ever.

You should sell those in the millions. Will be buying myself.