Steeda Leather Steering Wheel vs Beith Wheel

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Anyone have long term experience with Steeda’s leather steering wheel? Just curious what the quality of the leather is and how it holds up over time (I maintain my leather with cleaners and conditioners for context). The price is really good but I’m also of the mindset you get what you pay for with most things.

If I don’t go with the Steeda wheel, I’m ordering a Beith matte carbon wheel.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-20-10...perforated-leather-steering-wheel-red-accents
Sponsored

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Noooo, the carbon wheels are so horrible! 🤭

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
This is the Beith wheel I’d order. Feels like a good deal considering you get all the bezels in matte CF with it.

Just curious if anyone has had experience with the Steeda wheel as it’s a phenomenal price

IMG_0057.jpeg

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Just a heads up, I had a carbon wheel and was not a big fan. Holding a hard plastic material while driving was not the best IMO.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I should add that I’ve never experienced a steeda steering wheel but I have had a Beith and it was top notch.

Sponsored

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Just a heads up, I had a carbon wheel and was not a big fan. Holding a hard plastic material while driving was not the best IMO.
That was my concern prior to purchase, but as it turned out, my CF wheel provides me a far better feel/grip. I don't get cramped and tired fingers after 300 miles of driving through the mountains of PA and WV (like occured with the OE premium leather wheel). I don't have arthritis, but at my age my fingers just don't have the strength they once had, to endure longer trips.

The reasons I determined the CF wheel works better for me are:
a) My CF wheel is much thicker than the OE leather wheel was. (Just like kitchen utensils are made thicker for easier grip for folks with arthritis.)​
b) The CF wheel (at least mine) has finger serrations molded into it, improving grip/control. Without those serrations, indeed, that would be a real problem for me.​
c) The leather sections of my new wheel where I grip most are of perforated leather. (The smooth surface of the OE leather steering wheel, I learned in hindsight, contributed most to my finger pain, as I had to grip the wheel harder on curvy mountainous roads, even on the 'stang's comfort setting.) Of course many folks are going to Alcantara for improved grip. I've just not grown to like the appearance of Alcantara yet. Maybe someday.​
Anyway, that's my experience.

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Interesting. I’ve actually seen a few comments in some other threads stating something similar. Did you have gloss carbon or matte carbon?

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
That was my concern prior to purchase, but as it turned out, my CF wheel provides me a far better feel/grip. I don't get cramped and tired fingers after 300 miles of driving through the mountains of PA and WV (like occured with the OE premium leather wheel). I don't have arthritis, but at my age my fingers just don't have the strength they once had, to endure longer trips.

The reasons I determined the CF wheel works better for me are:
a) My CF wheel is much thicker than the OE leather wheel was. (Just like kitchen utensils are made thicker for easier grip for folks with arthritis.)​
b) The CF wheel (at least mine) has finger serrations molded into it, improving grip/control. Without those serrations, indeed, that would be a real problem for me.​
c) The leather sections of my new wheel where I grip most are of perforated leather. (The smooth surface of the OE leather steering wheel, I learned in hindsight, contributed most to my finger pain, as I had to grip the wheel harder on curvy mountainous roads, even on the 'stang's comfort setting.) Of course many folks are going to Alcantara for improved grip. I've just not grown to like the appearance of Alcantara yet. Maybe someday.​
Anyway, that's my experience.
That’s one of the features of the Steeda wheel that I like. It has the finger serrations all along the top of the wheel. Both the Steeda and Beith wheels are thicker than stock, which I also like. I have bigger hands so I’d like a little more wheel to grab onto. Heard nothing but good things about the Beith quality, I just haven’t seen many reviews on the Steeda wheels. They look good and the other Steeda stuff I have is top notch for quality, so I would expect their steering wheel to be good quality as well. The super low price is throwing me off though

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Interesting. I’ve actually seen a few comments in some other threads stating something similar. Did you have gloss carbon or matte carbon?
Mine was a gloss carbon finish.

pfm685

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 301A
I just installed the Steeda leather wheel yesterday on my 21 GT. I was very impressed with the fit and finish of the wheel overall. Frankly, I was amazed a wheel of such quality was at that price point. The current sale is $269 free shipping and I got it from FedEx in 2 days.

I would highly recommend the Steeda at this point. Of course I cannot attest to long-term wear. The leather could use a good conditioning after install, but for the price, you could buy another wheel later and be somewhat even. The factory wheel is so lacking in ergonomics the Steeda is miles ahead.

Also, buy a new bolt/screw from Ford. It was $6.50. I reused mine after I tried a GT350 wheel swap. (It's the same as a GT wheel not thicker). The bolt showed obvious stress. Always buy a new bolt.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hi Mark. I have a couple of buddies that have Beith wheels. Certainly not cheap but great workmanship. Also the ability to customize. Leather, Alcantara, CF, whatever you want. The Steeda is a decent wheel but it’s no Beith. It’s your money but IMHO spend it once, spend it right. No regrets.

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Hi Mark. I have a couple of buddies that have Beith wheels. Certainly not cheap but great workmanship. Also the ability to customize. Leather, Alcantara, CF, whatever you want. The Steeda is a decent wheel but it’s no Beith. It’s your money but IMHO spend it once, spend it right. No regrets.
Thanks Ira. I’m leaning towards the Beith at this point. It’s always good to continue to hear positive feedback for their products. Maybe I’ll just go full leather from them. I’ve heard several say they don’t like the CF after living with it for a bit (and there are several that do like it to be fair). I love the feel of leather, just thought the matte CF looked cool. Decisions decisions…

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I just installed the Steeda leather wheel yesterday on my 21 GT. I was very impressed with the fit and finish of the wheel overall. Frankly, I was amazed a wheel of such quality was at that price point. The current sale is $269 free shipping and I got it from FedEx in 2 days.

I would highly recommend the Steeda at this point. Of course I cannot attest to long-term wear. The leather could use a good conditioning after install, but for the price, you could buy another wheel later and be somewhat even. The factory wheel is so lacking in ergonomics the Steeda is miles ahead.

Also, buy a new bolt/screw from Ford. It was $6.50. I reused mine after I tried a GT350 wheel swap. (It's the same as a GT wheel not thicker). The bolt showed obvious stress. Always buy a new bolt.
That’s good to hear. Just seems to be so few reviews of the Steeda wheel out there. Interesting on the steering wheel bolt. I’ve not heard many needing to replace it but probably not a bad idea to have one on hand just in case.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Thanks Ira. I’m leaning towards the Beith at this point. It’s always good to continue to hear positive feedback for their products. Maybe I’ll just go full leather from them. I’ve heard several say they don’t like the CF after living with it for a bit (and there are several that do like it to be fair). I love the feel of leather, just thought the matte CF looked cool. Decisions decisions…
Matte CF is very cool. Just not my thing. If I were buying it would look just like this. 👍
1716731933492-h4.png

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
My hands tend to spend most time on the leather section of the steering wheel. The CF looks great and touch doesn't me at all.

Steering Wheel Update.jpg
Sponsored