Sponsored

Steeda Driving Experience - "Speed Matters!"

RSPcooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. Mini 30. Q5
[MENTION=22385]Steeda UK[/MENTION] you should definitely do a prize for whoever travels the furthest for this ;-)...
How did you let Mac talk you into this?

Please dont bring any of your bloody rain with you:lol:
Sponsored

Mustang Cally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2013 Insignia 1998 Land Rover 110
Travel lodge at Harlow are doing cheap rooms on the Friday night if anyone is thinking of hanging around afterwards.

MikeR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Convertible Auto Magnetic Euro PP Custom Pk
Anyone else in the Radisson Park Inn on the Thursday night? :cheers:

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cars name (HAMMER)
Ha Moz needed no talking round he's as crazzy as the rest of you he must be coming from Aberdeen nutter ha ha ha looking forward to it we going for food after the event

Mr Wibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT550
I'm being lazy and I'm a newbie what tyre pressure do I need to pump the tyres up to?

Also seriously be careful about parking you're car in and around Harlow/Hertford area I've had my ST and my cousin has had his BMW both keyed during the night parking around there

Sponsored

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will be leaving mine as they are never done a track event defore but logic would say less pressure not more tyres expand as they get hot my 36psi rears will go to 45psi if I'm on a mission burning fuel over hills and far away. (Private road)

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
It's either a typo or they're advising more pressure in order to reach the car's limits sooner rather than later, so you can learn more, quicker. :shrug:

I'm still torn on signing up for this. Might pop along regardless and do some filming.

Mr Wibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT550
Maybe @steedauk could clarify this I've not done a track day before I think it's the same for a few here

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's either a typo or they're advising more pressure in order to reach the car's limits sooner rather than later, so you can learn more, quicker. :shrug:

I'm still torn on signing up for this. Might pop along regardless and do some filming.
Brotha if your thinking of poping along you may as well have a blast round too

MikeR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Convertible Auto Magnetic Euro PP Custom Pk
For obvious reasons, OEM recommended road tyre pressures are typically optimized for wet weather performance, ride quality and wear rates.

In an effort to be helpful, I can relate my experiences and practice from production race car preparation. Others may have different experiences.

It is very different in drag and oval racing disciplines, but in stock production circuit racing series where single spec. street tyres are used, it is common practice for dry weather racing to i) increase tyre pressures above that recommended by manufacturers in order to increase performance and ii) use tyres which have had the tread depth shaved by 50% to reduce tread block squirm and heat build up.

For wet weather races, conventional wisdom dictates running at the manufacturer's recommended pressure.

For dry weather racing, manufacturer recommended cold tyre pressures are commonly raised by 20% or more (depending on ambient temperature).

Modern radial tyres which have run under normal road conditions will naturally and typically increase in pressure by 4-5 psi and take several hours to return to ambient temperature and the base recommended pressure. Extreme track running will raise tyre temperature and pressure even higher.

Driving at higher than recommended pressures on the street will compromise wet weather tyre performance and may cause uneven tyre wear.

In summary, for track use in dry weather, part warn tyres inflated above recommended road use pressure can increase performance. Tyres should be allowed to cool down before resetting pressures for normal road use.

I hope this is helpful.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mustang Cally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2013 Insignia 1998 Land Rover 110
Thanks Mike. That's really useful info.
The weather forecast looks pretty good for Friday so it should be a great day, really looking forward to it now!

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
guys i have to drop out... broke my arm riding a bmx... should know better but clearly don't

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gutted for ya buddy I did the same in 86 day before the nora cup I will have extra fun just for you brotha.
Assuming we make the 105db limit ;-)

OP
OP
Steeda UK

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Travel lodge at Harlow are doing cheap rooms on the Friday night if anyone is thinking of hanging around afterwards.
I'm thinking post event pub "cool down session" (no to drinking and driving though!) but a good opportunity for others to come and meet us as well....

OP
OP
Steeda UK

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
guys i have to drop out... broke my arm riding a bmx... should know better but clearly don't
OUCH! I thought you guys have a lot of fun?! :eyebulge::mad::doh:

Really sorry to hear that and we hope you heal up well!
Sponsored