Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Have a blast with Steeda at North Weald Aerodrome! Join us on Friday June 2nd to show off your Ford!
A full day of driving action, giving you the chance to learn how your car handles at the limit.
Unlike a traditional track day, this airfield based days allows you to really push in a "one at a time" driving environment based on a huge open pan with nothing but cones to hit.

No Armco! No other drivers!

No helmets required, just a driving licence and a willingness to have fun in your car.

The day lasts all day from 9AM (but get there earlier to get your car ready and sign in etc) till 4pm, and we firmly believe its the best fun you can have in your car for the money. Meet your fellow Steeda lovers and Ford owners and jump in each others cars in between your own runs to experience something different too.

Normally the day consists of mastering a high speed bend in the morning, then running a couple of small timed circuits in the afternoon.

Noise limits do apply however, so if you have a super loud car, you probably will be barred! (see end of text)

North Weald is on the M11, one junction up from the M25.

Ticket is for one car slot so feel free to share the drive with your friend. Cost is ÂŁ89 inc vat

If you dont want to drive feel free to come along and hang out and say hello! This should be a sunny (come on June!) and relaxed fun day out for everyone. Slots are strictly limited to maximise driving time for everyone so book now while they are available. Buy multiple slots and come along with your friends!

Book your Steeda June 2nd Driving experience Slot on our website

"NOISE LIMIT
All vehicles attending the Day must pass a static noise test of 105dBA before they are allowed to participate. The static test will be measured at 0.5m from the exhaust at 45 degree angle from the exhaust with the vehicle at 3/4 maximum engine revs. Should the car be unable to rev at 3/4 maximum revs, the vehicle will be subject to an additional drive by test (92dBA limits measured at 50m) driven by an instructor before being permitted to be used on site.
No vehicle measured or suspected of exceeding the noise limits will be permitted to operate unless rectified and retested to be shown to be within the noise limits. No refund will be granted to any vehicles failing the noise limit. "
Sponsored

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Any idea what the noise limit will be set at for the day?

Free for spectators if I should have to watch because my car is too loud lol?

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Very tempted! Looks like fun. I believe young [MENTION=6713]Manders_mustang[/MENTION] thinks he can drive quicker than me. Challenge accepted ;)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Very tempted! Looks like fun. I believe young @Manders_mustang thinks he can drive quicker than me. Challenge accepted ;)
Guaranteed I can - stickier tyres too and more flashy lights = more horsies (Also more performance mods for that extra... err... 2bhp :lol:).

Let me check my diary with work and such, as I've got a few holidays landing around then, and it's a Friday (obviously need to book off) but happily come and smash you on the track :thumbsup::lol:

Sponsored

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Guaranteed I can - stickier tyres too and more flashy lights = more horsies (Also more performance mods for that extra... err... 2bhp :lol:).

Let me check my diary with work and such, as I've got a few holidays landing around then, and it's a Friday (obviously need to book off) but happily come and smash you on the track :thumbsup::lol:
My money is on Manders. I've seen Kristian in action on the NC500... ;)

[ame]

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My money is on Manders. I've seen Kristian in action on the NC500... ;)
I hope you are not judging me on my power slide skills when leaving the dealership??? That was a practice :lol:

Sorry Steeda, we seemed to have strayed off topic. I blame Maders :tsk:

OP
OP
Steeda UK

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Any idea what the noise limit will be set at for the day?

Free for spectators if I should have to watch because my car is too loud lol?
Yes free entry for spectators and Steeda crew 8)

You can also "actively" spectate by signing in and then you can passenger with people (if you ask them nicely and they say yes)

Regarding noise limits- Officially its:

"NOISE LIMIT
All vehicles attending the Day must pass a static noise test of 105dBA before they are allowed to participate. The static test will be measured at 0.5m from the exhaust at 45 degree angle from the exhaust with the vehicle at 3/4 maximum engine revs. Should the car be unable to rev at 3/4 maximum revs, the vehicle will be subject to an additional drive by test (92dBA limits measured at 50m) driven by an instructor before being permitted to be used on site.
No vehicle measured or suspected of exceeding the noise limits will be permitted to operate unless rectified and retested to be shown to be within the noise limits. No refund will be granted to any vehicles failing the noise limit. "

also [MENTION=19911]Cati[/MENTION] and [MENTION=28310]stevesx987[/MENTION] please remember to book your slots ASAP as once they are gone they are gone. Its first come first served.
[MENTION=14295]Kristian87[/MENTION] this day is exactly the place to perfect your power sliding round corners etc. Its truly great fun.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I hope you are not judging me on my power slide skills when leaving the dealership??? That was a practice :lol:

Sorry Steeda, we seemed to have strayed off topic. I blame Maders :tsk:
Totes my fault sorry (not sorry, not my fault :gossip:).

Good choice [MENTION=14447]Centurion07[/MENTION] :lol:

[MENTION=22385]Steeda UK[/MENTION] looks like a good day, will try and make it down, probably on my todd.
Will confirm closer to the time as it's my older brothers birthday that day but should be able to make it!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Steeda UK

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
105 is relatively high yes for a static measurement.

The driveby number is low but its measure at 50m not the more common 20m.

Loud(ish) exhausts shouldnt really be a problem but crazy loud ones will be.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Wish I could go! :(

But end of May I leave for Taiwan (Computex) every year.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
105 is relatively high yes for a static measurement.

The driveby number is low but its measure at 50m not the more common 20m.

Loud(ish) exhausts shouldnt really be a problem but crazy loud ones will be.
JImboy has 'crazy loud' lol.

Think my eco4potbanger will be fine Competition I don't think is over 100db :lol:

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Will see what my exhaust measures on my phone at some point. 105 is quite high right?
105 is reasonably loud, yes.

YOU and [MENTION=12964]Stark[/MENTION] though...I would put you somewhere between "HOLY FUCK THAT'S LOUD" and "AAARRRRGGGHHHH MY FUCKING EARDRUMS". On idle.

:D
Sponsored