Steeda Driving Experience 4 June 21st 2019

Discussion in 'Meets and Events' started by Steeda UK, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Steeda UK

Steeda UK Well-Known Member
    Diamond Sponsor

Vehicle(s):
    Mustangs
    0   0   0
    #1 Steeda UK, Dec 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Get down to join the Steeda UK team and special guests, on issue 4 of our fantastic Steeda Driving Experience Days.

Friday June 21st is the day to reserve in your diaries, and book your slot for the day at : https://www.steeda.co.uk/steeda-driving-experience-speed-matters-c2x22382833

Our last day was a cracker attended by Ford UK who exclusively revealed the 2018 GT BEFORE the official press launch, and also brought along their supercharged series 1 demo car too.
    Also in attendance was Michelin tyres so you can ask your tyre tech questions.
    Also in attendance were one of our Steeda dealers and main SSV dealer Haynes Ford who brought along a demo car too.
    An unexpected surprise guest was a Spitfire pilot in a super rare recon version of the Spitfire which put on an amazing impromptu aerobatics display for us above the field. Amazing!!

This vid shows the Spitfire and the Ford UK Mustang in their glory, as well as some of the things you can do on the day...

Line up from the last one:
    Ford-UK-and-Steeda-UK-line-up-at-SDE3.jpg

The days are amazing fun, and you can learn a TON about how to handle and exploit your cars performance as well as experiencing what can happen when rear wheel drive attacks!

Bargains can also be had on the day if you partake and for the 2019 day we are offering a #VelgenSociety discount. Yes cash back if you roll up on Velgens!

No helmets required, just a willingness to have fun in probably the safest environment you can get for high speed, high grin inducing petrol driven fun!

Book now as slots are limited....

2. rubes

rubes Member

Vehicle(s):
    Grabber Blue Shadow Edition GT Fastback Auto
    0   0   0
    Just booked :-D
    Reading the noise limits, I assume a Borla S Type catback is going to be ok?

Steeda UK likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor

Vehicle(s):
    Mustangs
    0   0   0
    Yep that should be fine. Great to have you on board!

These days are always great fun.

4. Symone

Symone Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Simon
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 GT AUTO NEED FOR GREEN
    Trucker
    0   0   0
    How many slots are available as I noticed simply limited it to 15 cheers

5. OP
    OP
    Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor

Vehicle(s):
    Mustangs
    0   0   0
    We have a maximum of 20, but usually try and keep it just under that. Half the spaces gone already so book now.

6. rubes

rubes Member

Vehicle(s):
    Grabber Blue Shadow Edition GT Fastback Auto
    0   0   0
    A question on insurance. I've tried to add as a track day to my existing insurer (APLAN), but as it is on an airfield they can't cover. I've asked in Simply Mustangs and been advised no-one has taken out any specific cover, but I'm nervous about taking that risk. Any recommendations on insurers? I've checked with Sky who I have used previously, but need to confirm Steeda is an ATDO approved organiser?

7. Chappers

Chappers Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle(s):
    Mustang GT 2017 - Magnetic
    Rail OLE - Technical Director
    0   0   0
    Anyone going to the event fancy meeting up for a cruise? I live near Birmingham and will be taking M1/M25 down

8. Chappers

Chappers Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle(s):
    Mustang GT 2017 - Magnetic
    Rail OLE - Technical Director
    0   0   0
    From what I've seen there's little risk just small football cones? If it were the nurburgring I'd be getting insured for sure

9. OP
    OP
    Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor

Vehicle(s):
    Mustangs
    0   0   0
    Yeah what Chappers said. I have never seen anything happen at an event that was caused by the event environment. Ie non car to car contacts and no car to obstacle contacts (aside from hitting a small cone).
    Of course I have seen some cars suffer failures (eg clutch, drivetrain , popped hoses, etc) but nearly always on older cars, and nothing to do with the day normally. In fact weirdly enough all the major things I have seen happen in terms of car failures have always occurs almost immediately upon arrival, rather than at the end of a day because of the owner flogging their car.

We still have slots left on our JUNE 21st day so book now!

BOOK HERE