Steeda CIA and Tuner Arrived Today

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
I do not have a Steeda CAI. Just a Steeda tune with the stock airbox
Have you run the car down the 1/4 with the tune installed? I see the parts you have installed are more for road courses but figured I'd ask.
Sponsored

slink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium,6 Speed, 401A Pkg, Kona Blue
Have you run the car down the 1/4 with the tune installed? I see the parts you have installed are more for road courses but figured I'd ask.
I have not run the car down the 1/4 mile. Yes, I'm more into handling. My next mod will be getting rid of these heavy 20" wheels. I'll switch to 19" wheels and wider rubber.

dharts9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have not run the car down the 1/4 mile. Yes, I'm more into handling. My next mod will be getting rid of these heavy 20" wheels. I'll switch to 19" wheels and wider rubber.
Highly recommend getting them from discount tire.com b/c they price match from almost ANY website. Got a set of 555 G2s for around 150 less per tire

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same wheels, I like the look but the weight, no thanks. Not sure what I'm going to get yet but they will also be wider and 19".

Sponsored

slink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the tune last night, tonight I used a clamp to keep the corner where the clip doesn't reach and the lid felt very solidly on. The car started normally and idled fine considering the cold, so I let her warm all the way up. It was only 19f out but I figure this is my only chance with weather moving in so I took it out for a drive. I turned off Advanced Trac and wouldn't you know it, it stayed off, for the very first time since I bought the car! I waited until I found a road where I could open it up, from a dig, no way, tires could grab nutin, it reminded me of my last 2006 GT with the Vortech on it but this car is faster (by 1 tenth and 2 mph officially), it felt like boost because of the way it lost traction and hazed the tires so hard. From 30 traction was still an issue but I gave it the beans and she kicked out to the left, then slid a bit to the right and throttle steer was in full effect, it hit 7800rpm and BANGED 3rd gear and she kicked out again then the hit 7800 again and banged the next gear, oh we're partying now! Is she faster?? I can't tell because traction is so absolutely not there and I haven't driven the car in almost a month BUT Advanced Trac stays off, it clearly hammers in drive at full throttle like you're in Drag Mode so I am assuming it has to be faster.

Was this a success? HELL YEAH BROTHER!! Now I just need to receive the replacement lid Thursday and hopefully that clip reaches, if it doesn't, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. AIT's until I started romping on it were about 5f over ambient when I started giving it the beans AIT's went to about 10f over but settled back down to 5f over on the drive home. 2.5 months until we start getting warmer weather, that will go fast. Now I have to make a choice on which car goes to GLD first, if it's too cold for traction I'll take the MKZ, if it warms up into the 50's out comes Loki!! :rockon:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
With the Velossatech, I was 3 degrees over ambient with my Airaid setup yesterday on the highway. Hoping to see similar results with the Steeda.

Sponsored

dharts9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Was this a success? HELL YEAH BROTHER!! Now I just need to receive the replacement lid Thursday and hopefully that clip reaches, if it doesn't, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. AIT's until I started romping on it were about 5f over ambient when I started giving it the beans AIT's went to about 10f over but settled back down to 5f over on the drive home. 2.5 months until we start getting warmer weather, that will go fast. Now I have to make a choice on which car goes to GLD first, if it's too cold for traction I'll take the MKZ, if it warms up into the 50's out comes Loki!! :rockon:

My power package from Steeda comes in next week...I’m interested in seeing how my 305s hook with the engine getting woken up a bit. I’m with you though, counting down til March!

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Do you know how much weight those will save over the 20s? (I have the 20s as well.)
Stock pp1 wheels are around 33.x lbs but the 20" are probably in the low 40s. Other lightweight options would be mmr or p51 as well.

slink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you know how much weight those will save over the 20s? (I have the 20s as well.)
The 20's I have weigh 34lbs. I actually weighed one of them.

The ones I'm looking at weigh 24 lbs

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I installed the tune last night, tonight I used a clamp to keep the corner where the clip doesn't reach and the lid felt very solidly on. The car started normally and idled fine considering the cold, so I let her warm all the way up. It was only 19f out but I figure this is my only chance with weather moving in so I took it out for a drive. I turned off Advanced Trac and wouldn't you know it, it stayed off, for the very first time since I bought the car! I waited until I found a road where I could open it up, from a dig, no way, tires could grab nutin, it reminded me of my last 2006 GT with the Vortech on it but this car is faster (by 1 tenth and 2 mph officially), it felt like boost because of the way it lost traction and hazed the tires so hard. From 30 traction was still an issue but I gave it the beans and she kicked out to the left, then slid a bit to the right and throttle steer was in full effect, it hit 7800rpm and BANGED 3rd gear and she kicked out again then the hit 7800 again and banged the next gear, oh we're partying now! Is she faster?? I can't tell because traction is so absolutely not there and I haven't driven the car in almost a month BUT Advanced Trac stays off, it clearly hammers in drive at full throttle like you're in Drag Mode so I am assuming it has to be faster.

I had the same issue with the clip on the inside toward the radiator. I found that my old K&N drop in allowed the clip to clip just fine. With the provided blue filter, the clip would not clip. I trimmed off about 1/4" or slightly more rubber from the corner of the filter and it now fits. I think the blue filter is a tad wider at that point than the K&N.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The air duct for the 2018+ Mustang's is on backorder. Just my luck. :headbang:
Sponsored