Steeda CIA and Tuner Arrived Today

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I've been considering this setup when tuning with the '18 manifold. Keeps the closed box setup which will work with the Velossatech big mouth, keep temps down, and should allow some excellent flow. Curious to see how that would perform.

Guess I better hunt for another stock intake, lol.
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Any more feedback on this?
Pulls stronger in mid range compared to stock during my testing. @LETHAL reported it breaks loose on the low end more so than the jlt he replaced.

Stock like IATs.

Fine if on straight gas or e tunes but not the right option for flex tunes.

If possible tune for without the insert.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Pulls stronger in mid range compared to stock during my testing. @LETHAL reported it breaks loose on the low end more so than the jlt he replaced.

Stock like IATs.

Fine if on straight gas or e tunes but not the right option for flex tunes.

If possible tune for without the insert.
Not the right option if running the AED tune from your testing. Can’t cancel out Lund which is who did all the testing on these and offer the flex tune for them.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Not the right option if running the AED tune from your testing. Can’t cancel out Lund which is who did all the testing on these and offer the flex tune for them.
Keep in mind Steeda even commented on issues with the CAI and flex tune:
tj@steeda said: ↑
We have been very happy with both our Steeda tune & the Lund tune - both are great!

And yes, the CAI only saw issues during the Flex tune.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Keep in mind Steeda even commented on issues with the CAI and flex tune:
tj@steeda said: ↑
We have been very happy with both our Steeda tune & the Lund tune - both are great!

And yes, the CAI only saw issues during the Flex tune.
It's not a tune issue it's a maf location being too close to the opening is my guess. The maf turbulence is a no go for flex.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I am going to get an e85 tune next month. I will post up how that goes. I want to run my 93 tune for a little while before going corn. So far zero complaints.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Well, I pulled the trigger and got one before the holiday sale ended. I'll be going for no insert paired with the 18 ported manifold. I'll have Lund update the 93 tune for the mods. Hoping for some great gains with the increased airflow. Really glad this one is closed off to work with the Velossatech and keep IAT's down.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Maybe someone can help me here. Does the stock 2018 Mustang GT air duct fit the '17 air assembly? I noticed in the install instructions that 18 owners can skip the step of cutting off the resonator since it isn't on the '18 air duct. I have to buy both parts back (inlet and bottom assembly) and if I can save a step by not cutting off that resonator, I will.

Part in question:

https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-inlet-duct-jr3z9c675a/?c=Zz1lbmdpbmUmcz1haXItaW50YWtlJmk9SkMxNTI4NTUmcj0xMiZhPWZvcmQmbz1tdXN0YW5nJnk9MjAxOCZ0PWd0LXByZW1pdW0mZT01LTBsLXY4LWdhcw==

@SteedaTech
@tj@steeda

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe someone can help me here. Does the stock 2018 Mustang GT air duct fit the '17 air assembly? I noticed in the install instructions that 18 owners can skip the step of cutting off the resonator since it isn't on the '18 air duct. I have to buy both parts back (inlet and bottom assembly) and if I can save a step by not cutting off that resonator, I will.

Part in question:

https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-inlet-duct-jr3z9c675a/?c=Zz1lbmdpbmUmcz1haXItaW50YWtlJmk9SkMxNTI4NTUmcj0xMiZhPWZvcmQmbz1tdXN0YW5nJnk9MjAxOCZ0PWd0LXByZW1pdW0mZT01LTBsLXY4LWdhcw==

@SteedaTech
@tj@steeda
i would take a guess and say yes. My 18' inlet has what looks like a molded in plug where the resonator would be on a 15-17.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
i would take a guess and say yes. My 18' inlet has what looks like a molded in plug where the resonator would be on a 15-17.
Thanks man! I'll snag one of those.

Gamer1886

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt premium w/pp
Any more feedback on this?
Same as others have said. It pulls harder for sure. Just has issues with MAF turbulence which is giving me an occasional rough idle. I will be going to e85 in the spring, so hoping to get even a little more out of it.

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Same as others have said. It pulls harder for sure. Just has issues with MAF turbulence which is giving me an occasional rough idle. I will be going to e85 in the spring, so hoping to get even a little more out of it.
Thanks.. I'm still up in the air with what I am going to do.. A few options I'm mulling over.

SVOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 301A A10, Steeda Stop The Hop, Minimum drop springs, Pro action shocks and struts, UPR Vertical Links, spherical bearings, Steeda Xpipe , VMP Odin 88 MM pulley, Lund Tuned
Vehicle Showcase
Does the Velossa Tech Big mouth fit the 2018-19? Is it worth getting?

SVOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 301A A10, Steeda Stop The Hop, Minimum drop springs, Pro action shocks and struts, UPR Vertical Links, spherical bearings, Steeda Xpipe , VMP Odin 88 MM pulley, Lund Tuned
Vehicle Showcase
I just Received My Steeda Intake and Lund NGauge Today. Question , Is it suppose to come preloaded with a tune? Mine don't have one in it yet.
Sponsored