Steeda Aggressive Tone Axlebacks

Joeyalfonsi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anyone running Steeda Agressive exhaust? I’m trying to here a few more videos than the ones on YouTube.
Thanks.
Sponsored

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
I am, but you've probably already seen/heard my video

Nevermind, I see you have a 16. Probably sounds similar for the gen2 cars though

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I am, but you've probably already seen/heard my video

Nevermind, I see you have a 16. Probably sounds similar for the gen2 cars though
Are you running a resonator delete?

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Stress Aggressive Tone Axlebacks a new company? Lol.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
It also sounds like a trumpet now when i WOT
Most axlebacks do. that's why I did a lot of research before buying my SLP Loudmouth II.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Most axlebacks do. that's why I did a lot of research before buying my SLP Loudmouth II.
Found this to be true with the Corsa Xtremes after long tubes were added. Was fine on stock. Adding Vibrants killed the trumpet tone. Chopping off the Corsa mufflers and adding AWE Touring mufflers gave it more character down low and still screams up high but no trumpet.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just came back from the muffler shop as the clamps that Steeda gives with these axle backs are garbage. They leaked quite a bit so i just took it to a muffler shop and had them welded on.

As far as the sound I like it, with one caveat. They trumpet quite badly at WOT and above 4k rpm with the Borla Switchfire (I am sure a regular Xpipe would do the same). I am going to install some small resonators in front of the mufflers and hopefully it quiets down a tad. I don't want to kill the character of the mufflers as I like the sound coming out of them, they don't drone at all, none.

So TJ, if you are following this thread please include better clamps than the ones included. They suck...

One other thing...cutting the tailpipes with the old fashioned tail pipe cutter is a no bueno, I got like 2/3s of the way through but there were several spots of the tailpipe it didn't quite cut through enough. Maybe more patinece, I will say it was a workout. The stainless steel that Ford uses is quite tough and I ended up using a saws all.

I will try and post up a video, unfortunately I don't have a go-pro so it will be a cell phone.

FrankM5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401a package
I just came back from the muffler shop as the clamps that Steeda gives with these axle backs are garbage. They leaked quite a bit so i just took it to a muffler shop and had them welded on.

As far as the sound I like it, with one caveat. They trumpet quite badly at WOT and above 4k rpm with the Borla Switchfire (I am sure a regular Xpipe would do the same). I am going to install some small resonators in front of the mufflers and hopefully it quiets down a tad. I don't want to kill the character of the mufflers as I like the sound coming out of them, they don't drone at all, none.

So TJ, if you are following this thread please include better clamps than the ones included. They suck...

One other thing...cutting the tailpipes with the old fashioned tail pipe cutter is a no bueno, I got like 2/3s of the way through but there were several spots of the tailpipe it didn't quite cut through enough. Maybe more patinece, I will say it was a workout. The stainless steel that Ford uses is quite tough and I ended up using a saws all.

I will try and post up a video, unfortunately I don't have a go-pro so it will be a cell phone.
I basically had the same thing with mine i rented a handheld tail pipe cutter and after an hour still nothing haha had to get them cut at the muffler shop for 15 bucks and installed them myself. Im also thinking of adding resonators to the mufflers especially with the 3in Corsa Hpipe. But the claps were bad they seemed to always be loose no matter the force but we got them to be still eventually

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I basically had the same thing with mine i rented a handheld tail pipe cutter and after an hour still nothing haha had to get them cut at the muffler shop for 15 bucks and installed them myself. Im also thinking of adding resonators to the mufflers especially with the 3in Corsa Hpipe. But the claps were bad they seemed to always be loose no matter the force but we got them to be still eventually

Not to say Im glad, but I thought it was me!!
Sponsored