Sponsored

Starting to worry about my 350r

ghostrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mclaren
I worrying about not getting my car. I paid deposit and have the all the paperwork emailed, but i still cannot get a vin and no go ahead. The dealer keeps telling me nothing is happening yet.

Is this normal at this point on the 350r delivery?:
Sponsored

R1Jester

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.r1jester.com
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
For an R potentially yes, as Ford was not building them in the colder months. Although I suspect that they will start to ramp up quick now that the weather is getting better.

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Many of us are in the same boat.

Sent using the protocol module of my R2 unit.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I've been waiting since last June. Hang in there. Order due dates just passed recently and last runs are starting.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
A few other posters (me too, but only last week) here have recently noted movement in the status of their order (from unsched mat hold or unsched clean) to a build date w/VIN. My Aug 5 R order, which was a Q1 allocation, was only issued a build date (Apr 4, which is not in Q1 on my calendar) and VIN last week. Your dealer should be able to tell you which quarter your allocation was designated. Note that this was only based on initial planning and is always subject to change.

It appears that only 40 something 2016 R's were built prior to the planned hiatus (Nov-Feb). Last data I saw showed only ~10 more built. I think production runs only thru June (actual dates posted elsewhere here), so if you have a confirmed allocation you are probably OK. So, for whatever reason, the majority of the MY16 R production year will occur in the Mar-June period.

I agree with earlier post, sit tight. It will be worth it. :headbang::ford:

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Ford could build 500 R models in a week. The winter hiatus has just ended so they're probably working out all the behind the scenes stuff with them

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I worrying about not getting my car. I paid deposit and have the all the paperwork emailed, but i still cannot get a vin and no go ahead. The dealer keeps telling me nothing is happening yet.

Is this normal at this point on the 350r delivery?:
Nothing is normal when it comes to production for the GT350R's.

Numerous R models were produced last week and my R model was scheduled to be produced tomorrow but in fact it was moved up by 2 days and started in production yesterday.

So having said that I suggest that there is hope for you and many others based on my car being moved up a couple of days as that is unusual for these cars.

Do you have a VOC and if so call FP and ask them if they can provide you with some information as they may be more helpful than your dealership.

Good luck!!!

:cheers:

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
There is still time, Ford's still filling allocations, our local dealer ordered an R and said it was due to produce late may. Coincidentally that's the same time I was told my non-R would be produced from the dealer I purchased from out of state.

Sponsored

geb78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Ghostrider, I'm in SoCal also and in the exact same situation as you. I've had no info from the dealer other than "it's gotta be soon". I confirmed the allocation with the regional rep months ago but that's it. Sadly it could still be approx 2+ months until the tail end of allocations get scheduled. It is brutal watching all these track weekends pass by with perfect weather.

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
Unfortunately due to production delays and the planned winter shutdown only 49 350Rs were built prior to 2/29. The bulk of the R's will be produced in April and May. As others have said most of us are in the same status, and will be forced to wait.

OP
OP

ghostrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mclaren
I just checked back with my dealer, and he said they are working on some issues with the r, other than the tires.But it is some issues that"s been discussed on the forums.
He will have the vin as soon as he can but, he thinks the car will be in my hands by June.

I feel a little bit better, for now. By the way, I ordered the car June 2015 , and put a deposit.

cj428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R TT
ordered in June now have a build date of 3/21 eta April 13-19th. as said things are starting to move.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Unfortunately due to production delays and the planned winter shutdown only 49 350Rs were built prior to 2/29. The bulk of the R's will be produced in April and May. As others have said most of us are in the same status, and will be forced to wait.
The ~49 R models that you are referring to were built prior to November 24th and even though I agree with you that a lot of R models will be built in April and possibly May there were a number of R models built in the last week of February and a lot of R models will be built in March.

I expect March to be a very busy month for R model production and who knows when Ford will pull the plug on the 2016MY production for the GT350 cars? Not saying that these cars will be built in May but I have a feeling that the 2016MY will be a shorter production year than normal but just speculation on my part.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sponsored