Standard digital dash to GT500 digital dash

Ajc5633

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 1975 Nov
I saw on Facebook someone put a GT500 digital dash in their mustang. Had me thinking is the cluster actually different between the two digital dash’s or is it just a software change? Anyone have any info on this. Would be a cool change to have the GT500 cluster just because it shows a higher speedometer and just because haha.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ajc5633

Ajc5633

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
So going to try and bring this back. I’ve gotten mention from people but not anyone that has actually done it. I emailed hellhorse to see if it is possible to do the change from standard digital dash to gt500 digital dash. They said it is but the software and firmware change takes a few hours and needs to be done in car. So I’m getting closer I know know it’s possible and heard people doing it. Does anyone know what it entails or someone that has done it that could tell me how they did it. It is not a forscan deal I know before that is mentioned

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
So going to try and bring this back. I’ve gotten mention from people but not anyone that has actually done it. I emailed hellhorse to see if it is possible to do the change from standard digital dash to gt500 digital dash. They said it is but the software and firmware change takes a few hours and needs to be done in car. So I’m getting closer I know know it’s possible and heard people doing it. Does anyone know what it entails or someone that has done it that could tell me how they did it. It is not a forscan deal I know before that is mentioned
I don't know how but I want to do it lol

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
What are the differences between the GT500 digital dash and ours? Well, I own a Bullitt, which has a 180 MPH speedo, but I think that's the only difference from a regular GT. If the only change is 200 MPH on the GT500, I'm fine with 180 :D. But let's see what else Ford threw in that one.

OP
OP
Ajc5633

Ajc5633

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I know increased Speedo. I think the auto would get a shift light possibly. I just think the increased Speedo would look cool to be different

Sponsored

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
I've done it, it's a software update.
You just get increased speedo but you'll lose the steering feel toggle

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You just get increased speedo, but you'll lose the steering feel toggle
To what speed? 200? Mine is already 180, and that's enough for me :). And what the heck is 'steering feel toggle'? Thx.

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
To what speed? 200? Mine is already 180, and that's enough for me :). And what the heck is 'steering feel toggle'? Thx.
Yeah top speed 200.
The toggle in the middle bezel (where the hazard toggle is)

OP
OP
Ajc5633

Ajc5633

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I've done it, it's a software update.
You just get increased speedo but you'll lose the steering feel toggle
you have? where did you get the software to update you standard digital dash to the gt500 one? Can you give me more info on it? Did you gain anything other than the 200mph speedo? Any difference with taco apps like the performance shift light or anything since I have the auto that isnt standard with one? Any info you can give would be great.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The toggle in the middle bezel (where the hazard toggle is)
What does the dash have to do with the toggles? Or are you talking about the steering wheel settings (comfort, sport, etc) not showing on the screen? If that's the case, it should be an automatic deal-breaker for folks who also have steering wheel modes, but to each his own.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ajc5633

Ajc5633

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
What does the dash have to do with the toggles? Or are you talking about the steering wheel settings (comfort, sport, etc) not showing on the screen? If that's the case, it should be an automatic deal-breaker for folks who also have steering wheel modes, but to each his own.
I think the gt500 dash doesn’t have it because the gt500 doesn’t have steering modes. That toggle is replaced with suspension variation modes.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I think the gt500 dash doesn’t have it because the gt500 doesn’t have steering modes. That toggle is replaced with suspension variation modes.
Now you're talking about TWO different things then. I thought it was just the digital dash, but apparently it's done in conjunction with the switch cluster too. I don't get it, but to each his own, I guess :D. Was just curious what was the digital dash difference with ours, and apparently just the 200 mph speedo (vs my 180, which is more than enough, as it'll never be even close to that).

OP
OP
Ajc5633

Ajc5633

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Now you're talking about TWO different things then. I thought it was just the digital dash, but apparently it's done in conjunction with the switch cluster too. I don't get it, but to each his own, I guess :D. Was just curious what was the digital dash difference with ours, and apparently just the 200 mph speedo (vs my 180, which is more than enough, as it'll never be even close to that).
yeah the change for me WiFi’s be if there are other additions also such as adding the performance shift indicator. I don’t know why they didn’t give the autos a shift light but I wish they did. Some may say pointless but I like it when driving hard on a pull. I’m used to having one with my nova. I’m not saying I’m better than the computer but I like testing what works better sometimes. Plus it’s a cool factor to me

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
Because the cluster is the part which receives the message from the FCIM (the bezel) and the GT500 steering feel button is on the steering wheel...not on the bezel
Sponsored