Sponsored

Digital dash secrets

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Dumb question: what are the advantages of 3.4? I still have the one my car came with, no idea what version. Just wondering if worth it. Thanks!

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
I just updated to 3.4 all I can tell is the radio interface is slightly different outside of that I ha e no clue. I just know I have a 11.5 gb map update to do as well 😭

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Anyone have issues with reliably connecting Apple CarPlay? It’s hit or miss for me every time I connect my phone, works maybe 80% of the time

Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Dumb question: what are the advantages of 3.4? I still have the one my car came with, no idea what version. Just wondering if worth it. Thanks!
I think Bullitts in 2019 (obviously depends on build time etc) may have come out with 3.3v, build like 19xxx or something like that. I've updated it to the later of 3.3 in early summer of 2020, but the major difference was the 3.4 update released sometime around August of 2020.
It gives you more of a blue look of the infotainment and now allows for Android auto (I've been told CarPlay doesn't work) in the cluster when you're in Waze or Google Maps.
I've been using this quiet a bit, but have had issues to where it only shows turns, but no time or destination left.

Anyone have issues with reliably connecting Apple CarPlay? It’s hit or miss for me every time I connect my phone, works maybe 80% of the time
I have issues with Android Auto not showing total distance and time left, only a distance to next turn in Android Auto on the digital cluster. I've been told on these forums CarPlay doesn't show up in the digital dash.

But yes, like someone has mentioned - cables make a big difference.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I think Bullitts in 2019 (obviously depends on build time etc) may have come out with 3.3v, build like 19xxx or something like that. I've updated it to the later of 3.3 in early summer of 2020, but the major difference was the 3.4 update released sometime around August of 2020.
It gives you more of a blue look of the infotainment and now allows for Android auto (I've been told CarPlay doesn't work) in the cluster when you're in Waze or Google Maps.
I've been using this quiet a bit, but have had issues to where it only shows turns, but no time or destination left.

I have issues with Android Auto not showing total distance and time left, only a distance to next turn in Android Auto on the digital cluster. I've been told on these forums CarPlay doesn't show up in the digital dash.

But yes, like someone has mentioned - cables make a big difference.
Thank you!

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
With iPhones, you really need an OEM cable; the aftermarket ones don't reliably work with data; they're basically only good for charging. Good luck.

Sponsored

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
I haven’t actually, I will give it a shot
I found that with my daughter's iphone, the aftermarket cables are a hit or a miss, and even the oem cables after some use start to act up.

I have had similar problems with my android auto, and I've tried bunch of cables and many seem to be sensitive. And some cables work fine and after a few months start to not connect.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I also think USB-C connections (newer Androids) are just not as secure as the old micro-USB used to be.
I know they're capable of better transfer speeds, etc etc. But the physical connection in the port is way worse, it frequently wobbles in there and even original USB-C cables from Samsung are trash
Sponsored