Sponsored

Mustang EcoBoost Stage 1, Stage 2, and Stage 3 Power Packages Now Available!

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
Just loaded the stage 2 map with my Mishi FMIC. Looking forward to testing it out :D
I tested it out as well. go with adam is my recommendation. And I followed your instructions to get the tune. So not sure what these guys are talking about but I guess you don't have to do it the way you said. Thanks again for responding.
Sponsored

OVRKILL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built '91 Land Cruiser, '15 EB PP MT
I think the Accessport Manager software can pull the files automatically, I just haven't tried it yet.

Adam is definitely in my future, but the COBB/Mishi combo works quite well for now. Very little ign correction and no knock events under multiple pulls today. Good fun.

Last edited:

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Adam is definitely in my future, but the COBB/Mishi combo works quite well for now. 0 ign correction and no knock events under multiple pulls today.
When you say 0 ignition correction, you mean the number never went to the negative correct? I'm still learning how to read these

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
You guys should do some 1/4 mile times

Sponsored

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
When you say 0 ignition correction, you mean the number never went to the negative correct? I'm still learning how to read these
Edited for misleading information.

Last edited:

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Check your datalogs logs. Just because the number isn't negative doesn't mean you are not getting a negative correction. On the ap you won't notice if your going from +8 correction to +2 correction since it shows max min only you will see 0/8.0 but if you know arithmetic you know the difference between 8 and 2 is -6 which is a big negative correction.
Thanks, so much different than my sct! lol, so why do different cyclynders react differently, is their one that is more important than the other?

BlackBoostedStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
edited - cobb ill pm you

Last edited:

basicwizz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4x4
I don't think there is a cat after the downpipe is there? You mean the resonator??
maybe that's what I'm thinking of
So for MA I'll be sure to get the catted DP...darn MA inspections haha
thank you for clarifying!

Boosting Stangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Competition Orange
So I've purchased the Cobb AP3 it will be here in a few days. I have a question regarding quality of fuel. Recently my fuel economy has suffered from what I assume is winter blend. I strictly use 93 octane from the same station and my MPG has suffered just in the past few months. Can I still install the Cobb tune without problems? Will the tune adjust by itself or should I wait to install when fuel is better quality.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
So I've purchased the Cobb AP3 it will be here in a few days. I have a question regarding quality of fuel. Recently my fuel economy has suffered from what I assume is winter blend. I strictly use 93 octane from the same station and my MPG has suffered just in the past few months. Can I still install the Cobb tune without problems? Will the tune adjust by itself or should I wait to install when fuel is better quality.
Are you planning to run just stage 1? I know my stage 3 cobb tune was running lean on the crappy winter blend and threw a check engine light. Someone suggested running a 91 tune until the quality improves. Not sure if this is sound advice or not but since I'm working with Tune+ I just had him adjust mine to work better with the bad fuel. I think the cobb tunes might be set up for the awesome gas they get in Texas all year round. If you really wanna be safe I'd wait till the spring.

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Why is nothing mentioned about the good news that there is now a EURO version of COBB? partyyy
Did you order and install it already?
Love to see some EU user feedback before diving into the deep...

Guess you'll try the stage 2 map as well with your new intercooler?

Boosting Stangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Competition Orange
Are you planning to run just stage 1? I know my stage 3 cobb tune was running lean on the crappy winter blend and threw a check engine light. Someone suggested running a 91 tune until the quality improves. Not sure if this is sound advice or not but since I'm working with Tune+ I just had him adjust mine to work better with the bad fuel. I think the cobb tunes might be set up for the awesome gas they get in Texas all year round. If you really wanna be safe I'd wait till the spring.
Yes planning to run Stage 1. My plans are to put an intercooler on then get together with Adam and turn it up.:)

OP
OP
COBB Tuning

COBB Tuning

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AT EcoBoost, MT PP EcoBoost
What code was thrown? Was it on the Off the Shelf map or a custom tune? What modifications are on the car?

You will be able to use the COBB tune on either 91 or 93 octane regardles of the seasonal blend. You can actually use the OAR value on the Accessport to determine the overall fuel quality. Even if it's terrible, the car will interpret that and pull the appropriate timing to prevent anything bad from happening. For more details on OAR and other cool features, check out this blog post: http://www.cobbtuning.com/accessport-features-for-ecoboost-vehicles/

Kyle@COBB
Sponsored