Sponsored

Mustang EcoBoost Stage 1, Stage 2, and Stage 3 Power Packages Now Available!

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
What code was thrown? Was it on the Off the Shelf map or a custom tune? What modifications are on the car?

You will be able to use the COBB tune on either 91 or 93 octane regardles of the seasonal blend. You can actually use the OAR value on the Accessport to determine the overall fuel quality. Even if it's terrible, the car will interpret that and pull the appropriate timing to prevent anything bad from happening. For more details on OAR and other cool features, check out this blog post: http://www.cobbtuning.com/accessport-features-for-ecoboost-vehicles/

Kyle@COBB
I clicked the link and didn't see anything on the oar? How do I read this to tell if I have good fuel or not?
Sponsored

Boosting Stangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Competition Orange
You will be able to use the COBB tune on either 91 or 93 octane regardles of the seasonal blend. You can actually use the OAR value on the Accessport to determine the overall fuel quality. Even if it's terrible, the car will interpret that and pull the appropriate timing to prevent anything bad from happening. For more details on OAR and other cool features, check out this blog post: http://www.cobbtuning.com/accessport-features-for-ecoboost-vehicles/

Kyle@COBB
Thank you Kyle, it did answer my question.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
What code was thrown? Was it on the Off the Shelf map or a custom tune? What modifications are on the car?
It was the Fuel Deliver Error code while running the OTS Stage 3 93 map. Running the Cobb Stage 3 package (intercooler, downpipe, exhaust and intake). Adam contacted someone at Cobb about it. OAR was at -1.00 when code was thrown. I'm now back on a Tune+ map as the Cobb one kept going lean for me. Now sure why it threw a code, car felt fine to me. Maybe the cold weather? :shrug:

OP
OP
COBB Tuning

COBB Tuning

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AT EcoBoost, MT PP EcoBoost
I clicked the link and didn't see anything on the oar? How do I read this to tell if I have good fuel or not?
It's the first part of the article in a different color than the rest of the text. Here is a direct link: https://cobb.box.com/ford-oar

Thank you Kyle, it did answer my question.
Good deal!

It was the Fuel Deliver Error code while running the OTS Stage 3 93 map. Running the Cobb Stage 3 package (intercooler, downpipe, exhaust and intake). Adam contacted someone at Cobb about it. OAR was at -1.00 when code was thrown. I'm now back on a Tune+ map as the Cobb one kept going lean for me. Now sure why it threw a code, car felt fine to me. Maybe the cold weather? :shrug:
Weird.. I've never seen that issue before.

Kyle@COBB

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
It's the first part of the article in a different color than the rest of the text. Here is a direct link: https://cobb.box.com/ford-oar

Good deal!

Weird.. I've never seen that issue before.

Kyle@COBB
Thank you! That other link wasn't the same thing, it was on flat foot shifting and burnout mode

Sponsored

RitzGT

Serial Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6sp
Seems like a pretty good deal on the stage 3 version. A base manual ecoboost is about $21k in northern VA. Add $3-4k in for the Cobb bits and some incidentals and you wind up with a fairly potent ride for under $25k that weighs approximately 200lbs less than a base GT and has almost as much torque.

Not trading in my GT anytime soon, but if you're on a budget this is a pretty cool package.

Best,

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Thank you Kyle! For helping me figure out how to use my OAR!

OVRKILL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built '91 Land Cruiser, '15 EB PP MT
COBB.. I've noticed something a little odd. My AP3 on gauge mode shows boost (psi) as being half of what the dash instrument indicates. The gauge would indicate peak boost as a little over 11.5 psi.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
COBB.. I've noticed something a little odd. My AP3 on gauge mode shows boost (psi) as being half of what the dash instrument indicates. The gauge would indicate peak boost as a little over 11.5 psi.
are you flooring it?

Sponsored

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Seems like a pretty good deal on the stage 3 version. A base manual ecoboost is about $21k in northern VA. Add $3-4k in for the Cobb bits and some incidentals and you wind up with a fairly potent ride for under $25k that weighs approximately 200lbs less than a base GT and has almost as much torque.

Not trading in my GT anytime soon, but if you're on a budget this is a pretty cool package.

Best,

Very true, they took off over $6000 on msrp on my brand new EB at the koons Ford in Falls Church VA. Didn't even have to negotiate, it was there "wow" e price.

Walked out with it costing $20,500. And this was in January last year when the new gen had only been out a few months. I think guys in California were buying them MARKED UP on MSRP when they first hit the dealers. Crazy.

I remember posting in a thread on "what you paid" and everyone called BS until I attached the link to the dealer to show that they were even advertised at that ridiculous price.

Anyhow, with the Cobb package you have well into over 300whp on a brand new car costing you as much as a new cheap commuter car.

RitzGT

Serial Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6sp
Very true, they took off over $6000 on msrp on my brand new EB at the koons Ford in Falls Church VA. Didn't even have to negotiate, it was there "wow" e price.

Walked out with it costing $20,500. And this was in January last year when the new gen had only been out a few months. I think guys in California were buying them MARKED UP on MSRP when they first hit the dealers. Crazy.

I remember posting in a thread on "what you paid" and everyone called BS until I attached the link to the dealer to show that they were even advertised at that ridiculous price.

Anyhow, with the Cobb package you have well into over 300whp on a brand new car costing you as much as a new cheap commuter car.
Ha! I hear ya. I picked up my base GT from Koons in Sterling for $28k a year ago. When they didn't have the color I wanted, they found a guard metallic for me from one of their other dealerships. No haggling required and I think I was out of there in just over an hour without any typical car dealer shenanigans. No hard sell for extended warranties, paint sealant, platinum floor mats, etc. Members on another forum said I was full of shiznit and there was no way I'd gotten a GT at that price...blah blah blah....I still see people posting on that other forum all excited about getting a car at 500-1000 under MSRP. :)

Had there been more aftermarket support a year ago, I might have opted for the ecoboost since I enjoy tuning (I've done a few tracked turbo and twin turbo Audis in the past), but I've got no regrets.

Best,

OVRKILL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built '91 Land Cruiser, '15 EB PP MT
are you flooring it?
Yes, under a 100% ETC pull the dash will indicate 23psi (as is correct) while the AP3 will only indicate half that. Same with all other conditions.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Yes, under a 100% ETC pull the dash will indicate 23psi (as is correct) while the AP3 will only indicate half that. Same with all other conditions.
Contact Kyle at Cobb, report back pleas

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
Strange I would contact Cobb directly. At first I thought you meant how the vacuum says -10 instead of -20 which is normal but what you are saying does not sound right.
Sponsored