2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Don’t waist your time with procharger tunes. 100% different experience with a good tuner
As with everything.

One of the things about Procharger that I like is that they offer 2 kits that are CARB certified and have an OE number on them.

OP, have you had any more updates? I understand that this is still a new thing. TIA

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
As with everything.

One of the things about Procharger that I like is that they offer 2 kits that are CARB certified and have an OE number on them.

OP, have you had any more updates? I understand that this is still a new thing. TIA
I have a carb legal p1x kit with a 8rib setup And stage2 intercooler that makes 892whp the car is amazing. But when it has a supply to tune it was crap surging low on power

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I have a carb legal p1x kit with a 8rib setup And stage2 intercooler that makes 892whp the car is amazing. But when it has a supply to tune it was crap surging low on power
So if i'm reading this right, the stock tune was surging and low on power correct?

Also, I didn't write my statement correctly.

The Procharger tune would be CARB compliant which is what I like. I currently have an aftermarket tune on the car and I'm sure it will auto fail.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
So if i'm reading this right, the stock tune was surging and low on power correct?

Also, I didn't write my statement correctly.

The Procharger tune would be CARB compliant which is what I like. I currently have an aftermarket tune on the car and I'm sure it will auto fail.
Yes the car was surging and very low on power with the supplied tune. Once I retuned it the car became a completely different vehicle.
Just save your E.O tune for When it is time to smog

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Yes the car was surging and very low on power with the supplied tune. Once I retuned it the car became a completely different vehicle.
Just save your E.O tune for When it is time to smog
For sure man, thanks for the clarification. :like:

What tuner did you go with? Currently I'm tuned with PBD and previous to that Ford Performance.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
UPDATE!!!
When I emailed Procharger and asked which PIDs they wanted me to data log, they sent me a tune update. I also realized that the temp I was looking at was for the trans temp. The IAT has never gone over 15F more than ambient and this included WOT runs!
The new Procharger tune was absolutely EXCELLENT. Shifting and power were amazing. I have yet to get a dyno rune done. I hope to do this in the next 2 weeks and compare it to the Whipple stage 1.
I have to say at this point my opinion has radically changed. From the install (less than 1/2 the time) vs the Whipple to the IATs, to the driveablilty at this point I would to the Procharger over the Whipple. The driveability is really good. The 2nd and 3rd (sometimes) shifts has the car going sideways on my 265s. Just great power for only 6.5 PSI!

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Can you post up the details of the 8 rib conversion with the carb compliant kit? Video would be awesome and part numbers would help. I bet there is some folks interested in that setup.

01gt46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
UPDATE!!!
When I emailed Procharger and asked which PIDs they wanted me to data log, they sent me a tune update. I also realized that the temp I was looking at was for the trans temp. The IAT has never gone over 15F more than ambient and this included WOT runs!
The new Procharger tune was absolutely EXCELLENT. Shifting and power were amazing. I have yet to get a dyno rune done. I hope to do this in the next 2 weeks and compare it to the Whipple stage 1.
I have to say at this point my opinion has radically changed. From the install (less than 1/2 the time) vs the Whipple to the IATs, to the driveablilty at this point I would to the Procharger over the Whipple. The driveability is really good. The 2nd and 3rd (sometimes) shifts has the car going sideways on my 265s. Just great power for only 6.5 PSI!
Thanks for the update. I was thinking on putting a SC on my 2020 GTPP A10. I don’t drive my car super hard and will probably only go to the drag strip a couple times a year. I was looking at the whipple but it sounds like the Procharger is an excellent option.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Can you post up the details of the 8 rib conversion with the carb compliant kit? Video would be awesome and part numbers would help. I bet there is some folks interested in that setup.
H.O kit Part Number: 780-1FW411-SCI
Ati 20% 10rib balancer part# ati-918048
3.6 8rib pulley on the p1x eBay
idler/tensioner pulleys PN12577655.
Mmr water pump pulley Model: 467196
Cobra jet alt pulley sku:02019 at jpc racing
Gates K080915hd
If you use your stock tensioner with the +20% balancer you have to notch a small part, I’ll post a pic ASAP. You can use A low profile tensioner like ARS9600-01BNP or equivalent.
If you use the stock,10%, or 15% balancer There’s no tensioner change or modification needed

9F5D155A-5F93-453B-8E01-C1BC8E478741.jpeg

C4B65631-0AC9-4844-A961-3F51ED489544.jpeg

83A5A0DD-0549-4A0A-9E48-BBA7EC8C3499.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
For sure man, thanks for the clarification. :like:

What tuner did you go with? Currently I'm tuned with PBD and previous to that Ford Performance.
I would use Lund or PBD if I was gonna order a tune. I would use AED in Sacramento area for a dyno tune.
Currently I tune my own car with hptuners

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Thanks for the update. I was thinking on putting a SC on my 2020 GTPP A10. I don’t drive my car super hard and will probably only go to the drag strip a couple times a year. I was looking at the whipple but it sounds like the Procharger is an excellent option.
Yes. Knowing what I know now, I would have done a Procharger on the Bullitt. I love the way the power comes on. It does have more torque right off the line. Not like a PD blower (Whipple, Roush, etc), but I am guessing maybe 50 more ft/lbs of torque? Anyhow the combination of the A10 and the Procharger seems a match made just for the Mustang. At this point I don't want a custom tune. If that is your desire I would do the tuner kit.

In removing the sound tube I also notice the car is quieter inside the cabin and you really cannot hear the blower unless standing outside and then that little whistle is pretty cool. My dyno apt is Oct 2nd and I will report and/or post the sheet on this site. So far, excellent.
If you are doing your own install, the Procharger is much easier and quicker. Whipple is OK. But you have significantly more stuff to do.

Since you have the PP1, you have the same gear I have (355) and this blower works great with it. But you also have the strut tower brace and with the Procharger you do not have to remove it.
IMG_20200916_173728771.jpg
IMG_20200916_173722098.jpg

01gt46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Yes. Knowing what I know now, I would have done a Procharger on the Bullitt. I love the way the power comes on. It does have more torque right off the line. Not like a PD blower (Whipple, Roush, etc), but I am guessing maybe 50 more ft/lbs of torque? Anyhow the combination of the A10 and the Procharger seems a match made just for the Mustang. At this point I don't want a custom tune. If that is your desire I would do the tuner kit.

In removing the sound tube I also notice the car is quieter inside the cabin and you really cannot hear the blower unless standing outside and then that little whistle is pretty cool. My dyno apt is Oct 2nd and I will report and/or post the sheet on this site. So far, excellent.
If you are doing your own install, the Procharger is much easier and quicker. Whipple is OK. But you have significantly more stuff to do.

Since you have the PP1, you have the same gear I have (355) and this blower works great with it. But you also have the strut tower brace and with the Procharger you do not have to remove it.
IMG_20200916_173728771.jpg
IMG_20200916_173722098.jpg
Good luck on the 2nd. Keep us posted.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
UPDATE!!!

Thanks for the update. We love working through issues with customers to make sure they are happy. :)

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Wait what happened to the post about the Charter warranty not covering power train?
Sponsored