Spring spacer install?

blind*guardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hi, can anyone share a before and after picture of the result with this install? I've put progressive lowering springs but now car is sitting too low with the 18" wheels and tires...

Thanks!
I don't have a "before" pic, but I've used the spacer on the front and the rear after my coil-over install. It's a 1:1 increase for the front I think and a 1:2 for the rear. So just eyeball approximately how much you want to increase the height and go from there to select the right height spacer.
Sponsored

prototipo20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guillermo
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang V6
I don't have a "before" pic, but I've used the spacer on the front and the rear after my coil-over install. It's a 1:1 increase for the front I think and a 1:2 for the rear. So just eyeball approximately how much you want to increase the height and go from there to select the right height spacer.
Thank you so much for your response. About half of an inch would do it...

Wait so you can put these on all 4 corners?!

blind*guardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thank you so much for your response. About half of an inch would do it...

Wait so you can put these on all 4 corners?!
Yes, there are special spacers for the rear and for the front. The front spacers are here:

Steeda 555 8254 Mustang Front Ride Height Spacer Kit (15-21)

The rears are here:

Steeda 555 8251 Mustang Billet Rear Spring Spacer 1/4" (15-21)

You'd need the 1/4" inch for the rear to increase the height by 1/2". For the front it's a 1:1 so 1/2" to increase by 1/2".

prototipo20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guillermo
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang V6

Sponsored

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I had to add the 1/4" spacers to mine, because after lowering with the SVE progessive springs, the front only dropped 1/2", and the rear dropped 1". So, I had to lift the rear back up 1/2" to level the car.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
No reported noise from Steeda customers of squeaking or on our development cars.
What else has been done in the rear? In some cases, if you do not torque the IRS subframe 4 bolts to spec it will squeak. I have seen this to be the case a few times.

Steeda Tech
I've noticed some squeaking from my rear as well. I torqued the Large subframe bolts quite well. In fact they are torqued a bit above 129ft-lbs.

Would over torquing cause the squeak?
Sponsored