Tazdevil 66

SGM, US Army, Retired
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I like mine in normal mode when driving around.

I put in "s" a couple of times: When I want to pass and when on the highway. S helps me find that sweet spot, around 77/78 mph. It also helps in passing.

Only time I get in track mode is when I want to do 0-60 or something like that. Track mode makes (me) the car want to do 90.
It's not a nitrous switch for crying out loud

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
I believe the OP is talking about the "S" mode on the select-shift auto.:thumbsup:

Interested in seeing more opinions on this(I have an auto on order and want to know more about the "S" mode)!
Missed that one, my bad.

Hott Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Blue Premium
Would the Sports mode "S" use more fuel? Would one be able to use it like a manual trans and conserve fuel by switching gears on time?

Sponsored

Raoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Audi a4, 2015 Mustang GT
Would the Sports mode "S" use more fuel? Would one be able to use it like a manual trans and conserve fuel by switching gears on time?
The S mode will keep the transmission in gear longer, so it will use more gas because the engine will rev higher before switching. And as far as trying to drive economically, you can try and beat the computer by manually switching, but that's not so easy anymore. I can beat my 12 year old audi when I use tiptronic by a few mpg, but I tried it with this car, and I could not get a higher mpg in my limited testing.

Hott Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Blue Premium
The S mode will keep the transmission in gear longer, so it will use more gas because the engine will rev higher before switching. And as far as trying to drive economically, you can try and beat the computer by manually switching, but that's not so easy anymore. I can beat my 12 year old audi when I use tiptronic by a few mpg, but I tried it with this car, and I could not get a higher mpg in my limited testing.
Makes sense, thanks!

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
I always have my manual in sport mode, unless the ground is wet.
I do the same, Sport+ mode for my manual except in the rain. Rain is reserved for Track mode. ;)

ktapia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So last night I was driving to the grocery store to grab some groceries for Slylar. She's growing up fast with already 1300 miles on her so she needs to be fed. I was pulling up to the intersection in generic drive mode, switched into Sport so I could pass all these basics and their slow driving selfs, so I kicked into Sport mode and off I went. While in sport mode I let the transmission and CPU do all the shifting for me so Slylar would be treated like a standard. I noticed that the drive was much more aggressive and responsive( not to mention it makes the V6 sound better IMO). So my question to you all is this: have you tried this? I think it makes a world of difference, but that's just me.

Time to get back on the road. :ford:
- CaptainRob91
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Sponsored