Spinning front top strut bolt question

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Just use vice grips and grab the shaft, just make sure to protect it with a rag or something soft!!!! Works just fine do it all the time

BWys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, Guard Metallic
Man I had the same issue, I used vice grips when I removed the nut but if you have a Harbor Freight near you what I did was buy their offset box end wrench set. (Pittsburgh brand)

The offset is perfect for getting all the way into the recess, then I just used a normal socket on the top and torqued it to spec.

Sponsored

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
Man I had the same issue, I used vice grips when I removed the nut but if you have a Harbor Freight near you what I did was buy their offset box end wrench set. (Pittsburgh brand)

The offset is perfect for getting all the way into the recess, then I just used a normal socket on the top and torqued it to spec.
I saw those, and I wondered if the handle is connecting the circle to the handle was too wide for the strut mount. I figured it would not go all the way in. Can you take a picture?

Last edited:

BWys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used a 10mm socket and the 22mm wrench. 22mm isn't an exact fit but it will get you to torque without slipping

Exactly like this
1462910393.20160510_155938.jpg

BWys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah man! Anytime. Side note I tightened the nut with the car on the ground ie: springs were loaded.
Sponsored