stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Stupid question - the bolt/pin across the center of the pads wants to just spin on of my calipers; there's not enough room to get an open ended wrench on it and using a flat-head wedged in there doesn't seem to be the best solution.

Am I missing something to make this easier to change pads? I suspect the answer will be a :doh: moment, but anything is better than what I've been doing.
m2300v_2.2296.jpg
Sponsored

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It's suppose to be flush with the caliper and the stops that are forged into the caliper should stop it from spinning.

Essentially that pin will touch the caliper as you tighten it and won't spin.

OP
OP
stoli

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
It's suppose to be flush with the caliper and the stops that are forged into the caliper should stop it from spinning.

Essentially that pin will touch the caliper as you tighten it and won't spin.
Yeah, not so much. It just 'strips' the indents/stops in the caliper and spins away.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Yeah, not so much. It just 'strips' the indents/stops in the caliper and spins away.
Damn too much material is gone then.

I'd put a vice grip on the shaft part of the pin near the pads and tighten

OP
OP
stoli

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Damn too much material is gone then.

I'd put a vice grip on the shaft part of the pin near the pads and tighten
That will work in a pinch, but I'm looking for something a little more elegant since I change pads on track days a couple times a month.

I see some other Brembos that have a torx fitting; I may see if there is an alternative like that.

Sponsored

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That will work in a pinch, but I'm looking for something a little more elegant since I change pads on track days a couple times a month.

I see some other Brembos that have a torx fitting; I may see if there is an alternative like that.
Yeah I agree. It also doesn't need to be too tight.

The next thing I would do is drill a hole right behind the head of the pin. Only 3mm deep or so and insert a small pin in there. Then drill a small hole in the head of the oem pin so once you slide in the oem pin it will lock into it and prevent it from spinning

steveespo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL2, 2017 F-150 XLT SCREW
Stoli
Remove the cross bolt and clean the threads of the bolt and inside the cross bolt. Then a little anti seize and hold the cross bolt in place tight to the caliper with the flats down. Then tighten with han ratchet to 25 ft lbs. If the cross bolt got stripped you can order a new one on fordparts.com
Did you use a power tool to try and tighten it? I've been using this type of caliper for 6 years and haven't had the bridge bolt turn on me when changing pads. I did snap a bleeder screw off at Watkins Glen once, watch the torque on those, they only need 100 inch/pounds. Steve
Sponsored