Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
The Shelby GT350 never had a Digital Dash, must be a reason? :giggle:

A real car, with an NA 526HP engine, Manual trans and Analog gauges.

I'm ordering a New 2019 and if has a Digital Dash I'm gonna be pissed. :punch:
Sponsored

Last edited:

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
The Shelby GT350 never had a Digital Dash, must be a reason? :giggle:

A real car, with an NA 526HP engine, Manual trans and Analog gauges.

I'm ordering a New 2019 and if has a Digital Dash I'm gonna be pissed. :punch:
If you ORDER a car, and end up with an option that you don't want, you're doing it wrong.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Again, if you would read through all of the posts, you may understand how the comments were made in reference to another persons quoted post. But you can’t seem to understand how that works or maybe your just confused. I will try and just give you bullet points to your concerns of MY opinion so that you can move on and we do not continue to derail the op original thread.
1. The layout comment was in response to the e dash being a “stupid dashboard” I have no issue or problem with the other layout, however I prefer the e class layout over the mustang.

2. The resolution of a 4 yr old e class dash is superior to that of the current gen mustang. I’m not sure why your so hung up on chrome bezels as I never mentioned them but it would be nice to have the cleanest, clearest, highest resolution on both the nav and the digital dash, but we don’t. (Again if your refer to very first post in this thread, you would see that I’m not actually knocking it and fully understand the price difference in the 2 and clearly that drives the difference in tech) Again this dash just doesn’t garner all of the hype in my opinion......again mine. I’m okay if you don’t agree. But after a couple months of daily driving it with the digital dash and I could care less if I had it or not and that is after all what this thread from the OP was all about.

3. Thanks for possibly referring to me as a kid, but at half a century old I think I passed that title by a few miles back. Again I never have claimed to post anything factual, I have stated since my first post in this thread it is all just my opinion.
I think I'm the one hung up on the chrome bezels. They are unnecessary design element that takes away valuable resolution, produce rattles and adds a high amount of glare.

I like the Mercedes and Ford GT digital dashes better but I still like this one.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I personally love it! I've had my car for 7 months never get tired of it.
27993708_10155286936388730_3624100697402089473_o (1).jpg

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
That must not be a recent picture or did you really only put 500 miles on in 7 months? :)

Sponsored

Coloradoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 eco pp
How are these dashes at night? I really hate the lcd backlight on my navigation in nighttime driving, I wish I could dim the screen and not my gauges vs turning it off completely on the menu. Hoping they switch to oleds soon.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
How are these dashes at night? I really hate the lcd backlight on my navigation in nighttime driving, I wish I could dim the screen and not my gauges vs turning it off completely on the menu. Hoping they switch to oleds soon.
Personally I like the dash at night. You do have the switches to dim it but it won't ever be super dark. I don't find it distracting personally.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I have the digital dash and although I do like it. After the first few months I could care less if I have it or not, the wow factor has worn off, I do change the colors now and then, but short of that not much more.
I will say it is an attention grabber for anyone who is checking out the car and it’s fun to go through all of the stuff, but again that’s for them not me.
I get what you're saying here. At some point, it's mostly just there.

2014 Merc S class dash....now that’s a dash.
27DD4093-D5BC-459F-B3E9-BE6ED928B7C1.jpeg
Not a fan. Design-wise it looks like M-B couldn't make up their mind whether to go with curved or rectangular shapes, so they went with some of each (vents, steering wheel, dash contours). And that mostly-rectangular bezel with rounded corners and curved sides thrown in for good measure. Yes, the resolution looks great, really nice . . . might be a tad higher-res than necessary for instrumentation, but better than not sharp enough. I would hope that the big panel with the map can be turned completely off, though.

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Design thought here - too many different colors makes it too "busy" for the sake of looking busy.

The picture from post #72 is better (though I might choose the light grey that's around the little gauges for all of the outlines if that's possible).

0511180833_burst01-jpg.jpg

Norm

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Norm, you might like mine... to go with the theme of my car, I went blue outline with red insides

6CEE9275-E485-4304-940A-28FDEC86945F.jpeg

Sponsored

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
It was a nice option but too expensive since you had to get the whole 401a package which has items I did not want or need.

If it were stand alone for $795 (like the NAV) it might be worth it.

I say might because I feel the novelty would wear off fairly soon after a few weeks.
I was not willing to shell out the money for the digital dash and put it under the hood instead. I was however pleasantly surprised after playing around with the stock gauge cluster and found I can put the digital speed up right between my analog gauges.That's perfect for me. Now when I go over 80 mph, I don't have to shift my head to see the speed. A few clicks of the arrow and I can see miles to empty, tire pressure etc. right in the middle. Fantastic.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Norm, you might like mine... to go with the theme of my car, I went blue outline with red insides

6CEE9275-E485-4304-940A-28FDEC86945F.jpeg
Definitely better, especially the blue outlines - and this also gives a little more insight as to the extent of the customizations available. Thanks.

(off-topic side notes . . . talk about cosmic coincidences, your tach displays the year I got married, and the mph is the year in 2-digit format that our son was born . . . probably makes me too old to have any idea what #PassportExperience might be. :wink: )

Norm
full.jpg

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
I was not willing to shell out the money for the digital dash and put it under the hood instead. I was however pleasantly surprised after playing around with the stock gauge cluster and found I can put the digital speed up right between my analog gauges.That's perfect for me. Now when I go over 80 mph, I don't have to shift my head to see the speed. A few clicks of the arrow and I can see miles to empty, tire pressure etc. right in the middle. Fantastic.
Yup...I'm used to this already in the RS so it was an easy decision for me.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Norm, there is a lot of customization. I chose red for both the primary and secondary colors because I have the showstopper red seats. Just seemed to blend well. Also chose red for the ambient lighting for the same reason.

I like the digital dash but I really wanted the 401a package for the interior and tech upgrades.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
(off-topic side notes . . . talk about cosmic coincidences, your tach displays the year I got married, and the mph is the year in 2-digit format that our son was born . . . probably makes me too old to have any idea what #PassportExperience might be
Well, if it makes you feel any older, your son was born the same year as my dad :LOL:

Honestly, I don’t know what #PassportExperience is either... I think it was just an advertisement on the SiriusXM station I was listening to
Sponsored