Sponsored

Sort of disappointed with the digital dash

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
The display is mostly black and it is close to true black. I thought it was OLED at first.

The Sync 3 screen is so far down it would e hard for that to be a distraction.
Definitely better, especially the blue outlines - and this also gives a little more insight as to the extent of the customizations available. Thanks.

(off-topic side notes . . . talk about cosmic coincidences, your tach displays the year I got married, and the mph is the year in 2-digit format that our son was born . . . probably makes me too old to have any idea what #PassportExperience might be. :wink: )

Norm
full.jpg
Wow, you seem to be a young guy at heart still and have a good eye for design.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Norm, there is a lot of customization. I chose red for both the primary and secondary colors because I have the showstopper red seats. Just seemed to blend well. Also chose red for the ambient lighting for the same reason.
A lot of customization for a digital dash has got to be a good thing, and shouldn't have been all that hard for Ford to have included.

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Well, if it makes you feel any older, your son was born the same year as my dad :LOL:
Age is only a number.

Honestly, I don’t know what #PassportExperience is either... I think it was just an advertisement on the SiriusXM station I was listening to
Got it. Damn advertisers don't miss a trick when it comes to putting their stuff in our faces . . . . wait a minute - you pay for Sirius and you still get ads anyway??? Grrrr, :curse: .

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
The display is mostly black and it is close to true black. I thought it was OLED at first.
Makes sense, for legibility under a wide variety of lighting conditions and possible use of polarized glasses.

Wow, you seem to be a young guy at heart still and have a good eye for design.
Something in that 'Art and Architecture' elective I took all those years ago must have actually stuck. Somewhere, some professor must be smiling.

Norm

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
Real Mans Dashboard vs Snowflake, Grand Theft Auto (Millennial)

Real Mans Dashboard goes to 200MPH.
real.jpg
mill.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Real Mans Dashboard vs Snowflake, Grand Theft Auto (Millennial)
If either of those sets of bezels (and the accompanying vent bezels) are as shiny as they were on my '08 my first interior mod would involve a scotch-brite pad . . .

Norm

nickko11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yeah, I love the digital display too but I see so much more potential than what is there now.

I'm sure the next generation will be teched out better and have a massive torque electric motor for a 1.9 sec 0-60, autonomous abilities and frequent over the air updates that add new functionality?
Autonomous huh? you want this? why dont you just sell your car and catch taxis everywhere?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Autonomous huh? you want this? why dont you just sell your car and catch taxis everywhere?
He mentioned ABILITIES. Options are good things if the price is right.

nickko11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
i'm not a fan of autonomous. i had a kia sportage with autonomous emergency braking, blooding thing jammed on the brakes for no apparent reason, lucky no semi was behind me. it is tech VERY much in its infancy and likely decades away if done correctly with proper road/signage infrastructure to go with it. for example our roads here in Australia/nanny state are so crap for example sometimes you have line markings and sometimers you dont. sensors rely on these markings and problem is stupid people will rely on this tech to do the right thing and not pay attention.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Got it. Damn advertisers don't miss a trick when it comes to putting their stuff in our faces . . . . wait a minute - you pay for Sirius and you still get ads anyway??? Grrrr, :curse: .
luckily, I don't pay for it, I'm just getting my full use out of the free trial Ford gave me before never using it again lol

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
over the air updates that add new functionality?
That part scares me, as it could also be used to limit vehicle performance or return aftermarket tunes back to stock. Tesla has already used this over the air update method to close off an undocumented way of turning off the stability control system.

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Autonomous abilities that you can never be sure are completely turned off with zero ability to turn themselves back on, maybe not such a good thing. Best they not be there at all.

Norm

iBookmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
I removed the plastic cover over mine. It increases contrast and reduces glare.

Michail71, how did you remove the plastic cover?

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 2 / 2012 Audi R8
Autonomous abilities that you can never be sure are completely turned off with zero ability to turn themselves back on, maybe not such a good thing. Best they not be there at all.

Norm
Agreed, I want to drive a machine, not a computer.

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
Michail71, how did you remove the plastic cover?
You have to pull the display, reasonably easy to remove. See the 2018 cluster upgrade thread in the Infotainment section. also, a installable shield will kill off 90% of the glare.
Sponsored