Sponsored

Sort of disappointed with the digital dash

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
Real Mans Dashboard vs Snowflake, Grand Theft Auto (Millennial)

Real Mans Dashboard goes to 200MPH.
real.jpg
mill.jpg
That is the stupidest ass thing ive ever heard.
Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited

Paul Kelly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki M109 Mitusbishi Verada
Has anyone had their digital dash reset whilst driving? I picked my 2018 up only a few days back, so it's early days. Yesterday after a bit of hard acceleration the digital dash went blank for maybe 10 seconds, then came back on...

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone had their digital dash reset whilst driving? I picked my 2018 up only a few days back, so it's early days. Yesterday after a bit of hard acceleration the digital dash went blank for maybe 10 seconds, then came back on...
A few other users have posted issues as well.

I suspect it is like any other digital unit (ie, Sync3) in that it has various bugs that need to be worked out with software updates.

Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Michail71, how did you remove the plastic cover?
I followed the thread DarkHor$se mentioned.

I just turned it over on a towel and popped the clear plastic with a hammer a couple times. After that the fragments peeled off. The nice things is the part is less than $20 so if you don't like or mess it up you can order a new one. It's called the cluster mask.

I don't know if that window serves any actual purpose or if it is just a leftover design element. I would make sure nobody sprays cleaners on the display panel with it off. But it's no different than the panel on your TV or laptop.

I like the idea Norm mentioned about taking an abrasive to the shiny parts. I painted mine with some rubber spray paint. Now I still get a slight glow from the steering column but nowhere near as bad as it was from the factory.

iBookmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
I took the bezels and kick plates etc. that the video showed and left the digital dash in with all this stuff surrounding it pulled off. Drilled a hole as far left as I could and peeled the rest off with the help of a crowbar. I think the purpose for the plastic cover is to protect but, there is nothing that should crack the LCD screen in the first place. Ford just created a shield that ends up giving way too much reflections for the driver. It shouldn’t be there in my opinion. It’s way better now.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
threads like this make me wish i'd done a 401a car, but the deal i got was to hard to pass up. maybe i'll keep my eye out for a wrecked car

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I took the bezels and kick plates etc. that the video showed and left the digital dash in with all this stuff surrounding it pulled off. Drilled a hole as far left as I could and peeled the rest off with the help of a crowbar. I think the purpose for the plastic cover is to protect but, there is nothing that should crack the LCD screen in the first place. Ford just created a shield that ends up giving way too much reflections for the driver. It shouldn’t be there in my opinion. It’s way better now.
I hadn't been on in a while but I was wondering if anyone else had given it a try. After all this time I'd never go back to having the plastic shield on there! Also gives you a good opportunity to rattle proof the silver trim.

Sponsored

Big

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I have previously test drove a 2018 ecoboost base model and a 2018 GT premium with active exhaust both with the A10. I loved the GT and especially the exhaust sound in track mode. For the last 3 weeks I have been look at a 2019 premium GT with perf pack 1, active exhaust and 401 A package in velocity blue on a local dealer's website. Today I decided to test drive it and I have to say I could not tell it had the perf package, but I am glad to know it is not jarring or too stiff. The digital dash was kind of a let down. In normal mode you might not even realize it was there and assume it had normal gauges which I guess would be the goal. I tried the other modes and they were just underwhelming. I think it is just not bright enough to pop enough to be worth it. It is too subdued and faded at least during day time.
I think the digital dash is the coolest thing on the whole car. Mine is an Ecoboost convertible. I'm in Florida, so I really didn't want black seats, but the digital dash is part of a $2000 package that includes the upgraded upholstery, which, of course, is only available in black. But I loved the dash so much I'll put up with the black seats. Besides, the black looks great against the orange paint.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I originally was against getting this due to you having to get the 401a package with items I did not care about (NAV) and wanting the ceramic interior.

However the car I wound up getting had it along with the CS interior which is fantastic. Still don't care about the NAV or use it but the other items are nice to have (heating steering wheel/memory seats/BLIS).

I cannot imagine going back to the older analog gauges now.

ElCid08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Having owned now two 2018-19’ GT’s....the first being a 400A premium with analog gauges, and the current one being a 401A premium, I’ll say that I enjoy the digital gauges a whole lot more

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
So now that the GT500 is coming out with the digital dash, is the consensus that digital dashes are cool now? Since a REAL car with like 700hp has it, and the spedometer goes higher than our regular people cars? Just wondering!

ElCid08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Having owned now two 2018-19’ GT’s....the first being a 400A premium with analog gauges, and the current one being a 401A premium, I’ll say that the digital gauges
Sponsored