NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
2014 Merc S class dash....now that’s a dash.
27DD4093-D5BC-459F-B3E9-BE6ED928B7C1.jpeg
That's incredibly ugly. And distracting to the driver.

What an insanely stupid dashboard.
Sponsored

Remander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT Fastback
This except when the digital dash randomly looses those settings and you have to go back and reset them every 9 days or 14 hrs or whenever it decides to puke them out.
Again the digital is cool and all, but it certainly isn’t worth all the hype it was given.
Never had this happen.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Osofast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
Vehicle Showcase
That's incredibly ugly. And distracting to the driver.

What an insanely stupid dashboard.
Totally agree with you so distracting, cause it makes way more sense to make the digital dash a lower resolution and put the lcd info and nav system in the center pillar of the dash a foot below the windshield that is way less distracting to look down there than right below the windshield. The point wasn’t if you liked the dash, rather than quality of the display itself, the difference is night and day.

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited

Looks like Zander13 is experiencing the new tech bugs as well.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Totally agree with you so distracting, cause it makes way more sense to make the digital dash a lower resolution and put the lcd info and nav system in the center pillar of the dash a foot below the windshield that is way less distracting to look down there than right below the windshield. The point wasn’t if you liked the dash, rather than quality of the display itself, the difference is night and day.
The Mercedes setup is very much like that of a modern airplane.

I've driven with it in an E Class a few times and found it to be very easy and non-distracting. The car is semi-autonomous anyway.

The German manufacturers like to keep all the critical info up at the same eye level and controls where your hands naturally reach.

Osofast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
Vehicle Showcase
The Mercedes setup is very much like that of a modern airplane.

I've driven with it in an E Class a few times and found it to be very easy and non-distracting. The car is semi-autonomous anyway.

The German manufacturers like to keep all the critical info up at the same eye level and controls where your hands naturally reach.
The answer was sarcasim

GDDYP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost Fastback (ETA 9/15/18), 1961 Thunderbird Hardtop
The digital dash is one of the few things I'll think I'll miss ordering a base over a premium, but with dogs the leather that is required with the premium is not a practical option for me.

Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
You say quality of the display is the issue, not the dash layout. But you're attacking the Mustang layout. So which is it?

The display quality of digital dash in the Mustang isn't an issue. It looks great. Even the OPs complaint was that it was nearly indistinguishable from actual analog gauges. So what's the problem? You don't like that it doesn't show silly fake chrome bezels?

The Mustang dash provides navigation directions so the position of the other screen isn't an issue. I've driven both layouts and I prefer having the ancillary stuff out of the line of sight. If you want to drive a semi-autonomous entertainment system instead of a Mustang then be my guest.

Osofast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
Vehicle Showcase
You say quality of the display is the issue, not the dash layout. But you're attacking the Mustang layout. So which is it?

The display quality of digital dash in the Mustang isn't an issue. It looks great. Even the OPs complaint was that it was nearly indistinguishable from actual analog gauges. So what's the problem? You don't like that it doesn't show silly fake chrome bezels?

The Mustang dash provides navigation directions so the position of the other screen isn't an issue. I've driven both layouts and I prefer having the ancillary stuff out of the line of sight. If you want to drive a semi-autonomous entertainment system instead of a Mustang then be my guest.
Maybe you should read the entire thread and all of the posts and not just take that one quote out of context. I still stand by my “opinion” (of which I’m allowed to have) I have no “problem” as you say or would like to spin my opinion. The dash gets a lot hype over how advanced and great that it is, and my “opinion” is that there is much greater stuff out already and to come.
I have never been part of a forum of such butt hurt babies, if someone’s opinion is just different than there’s.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Maybe you should read the entire thread and all of the posts and not just take that one quote out of context. I still stand by my “opinion” (of which I’m allowed to have) I have no “problem” as you say or would like to spin my opinion. The dash gets a lot hype over how advanced and great that it is, and my “opinion” is that there is much greater stuff out already and to come.
I have never been part of a forum of such butt hurt babies, if someone’s opinion is just different than there’s.
Context? You're contradicting yourself entirely within the context of a single post. I didn't say you had a problem, I asked "what's the problem?" Is it the layout, which you said it wasn't but complained about, or the quality of the display, which nobody really believes?

If it's the latter, as you claim, how does the image you posted illustrate the superior quality of the E class digital dash? I think you're just too impressed with phony chrome bezels.

"Butt hurt" seems to be what these kids today cry when someone catches them in a stupid comment or an opinion they can't defend. People disagree, so what? Every forum I've ever been on is full of people disagreeing. You made a stupid post. Defend it or accept that and learn to live with it.

Osofast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
Vehicle Showcase
Context? You're contradicting yourself entirely within the context of a single post. I didn't say you had a problem, I asked "what's the problem?" Is it the layout, which you said it wasn't but complained about, or the quality of the display, which nobody really believes?

If it's the latter, as you claim, how does the image you posted illustrate the superior quality of the E class digital dash? I think you're just too impressed with phony chrome bezels.

"Butt hurt" seems to be what these kids today cry when someone catches them in a stupid comment or an opinion they can't defend. People disagree, so what? Every forum I've ever been on is full of people disagreeing. You made a stupid post. Defend it or accept that and learn to live with it.
Again, if you would read through all of the posts, you may understand how the comments were made in reference to another persons quoted post. But you can’t seem to understand how that works or maybe your just confused. I will try and just give you bullet points to your concerns of MY opinion so that you can move on and we do not continue to derail the op original thread.
1. The layout comment was in response to the e dash being a “stupid dashboard” I have no issue or problem with the other layout, however I prefer the e class layout over the mustang.

2. The resolution of a 4 yr old e class dash is superior to that of the current gen mustang. I’m not sure why your so hung up on chrome bezels as I never mentioned them but it would be nice to have the cleanest, clearest, highest resolution on both the nav and the digital dash, but we don’t. (Again if your refer to very first post in this thread, you would see that I’m not actually knocking it and fully understand the price difference in the 2 and clearly that drives the difference in tech) Again this dash just doesn’t garner all of the hype in my opinion......again mine. I’m okay if you don’t agree. But after a couple months of daily driving it with the digital dash and I could care less if I had it or not and that is after all what this thread from the OP was all about.

3. Thanks for possibly referring to me as a kid, but at half a century old I think I passed that title by a few miles back. Again I never have claimed to post anything factual, I have stated since my first post in this thread it is all just my opinion.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
1. The layout comment was in response to the e dash being a “stupid dashboard” I have no issue or problem with the other layout, however I prefer the e class layout over the mustang.
So you're just being argumentative. Would you say that you were "butt hurt" over the other person's opinion?

2. The resolution of a 4 yr old e class dash is superior to that of the current gen mustang. I’m not sure why your so hung up on chrome bezels as I never mentioned them but it would be nice to have the cleanest, clearest, highest resolution on both the nav and the digital dash, but we don’t. (Again if your refer to very first post in this thread, you would see that I’m not actually knocking it and fully understand the price difference in the 2 and clearly that drives the difference in tech) Again this dash just doesn’t garner all of the hype in my opinion......again mine. I’m okay if you don’t agree. But after a couple months of daily driving it with the digital dash and I could care less if I had it or not and that is after all what this thread from the OP was all about.
The current E-Class debuted in '16 as a '17 model so it's only one year older than the Mustang display. At least now you're being clear on what you mean by quality, but is it even true? What are the specs? You can't say "it's just my opinion" and then cite quality which has obvious objective measures.

If your entire point here is that what is great now will not look so great in the future then congratulations on stating the obvious.
Sponsored