Sponsored

Sorry if this has been asked before..

DarkHorse850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6-spd DIB
I could not find a definitive answer in the threads. I was wondering, what would it take to get 500hp to the wheels? Can it be done without a tune?
Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
I could not find a definitive answer in the threads. I was wondering, what would it take to get 500hp to the wheels? Can it be done without a tune?

Probably not. Staying NA, you'll need every trick you can get. Or throw a blower on it and go beyond.

bvdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black Mustang GT
Without a tune? Hell no.

OP
OP
DarkHorse850

DarkHorse850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks folks. What's the most I'd be looking at without a tune and what would it take? I'm just kind of leery about having a tune done..

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
Thanks folks. What's the most I'd be looking at without a tune and what would it take? I'm just kind of leery about having a tune done..
You won't get much more than stock without a tune.

Sponsored

DRKHR5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6-spd OW PP
These are "Modular Motors"... highly electronics-centric... you effectively are going No-where without a tune. Literally almost any N/A upgrade you do will require a tune. And... you most likely would barely scrape 500rwhp with NA in these vehicles... even once you've done all the tricks and paid a super amount of money.

If all you want is horsepower and reliability... buy a supercharger kit and mildly tune and run it. Cheapest horsepower per $.

Again tho... you shouldn't even think about gaining power without a tune. Its not anything scary... go with a modest tune and you'll never have an issue.

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
don't be scared of a tune. call of bama from American muscle and get a tuner from them.. put on the performance tune. not even the track tune and your car will gain some nice horsepower and stay completely safe..

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
Better yet, call Livernois.

22hp with a tune, but the real difference is how the car drives ALL AROUND!

I made 445 to the wheel with jlt cai, Gibson cat back, stainless works headers and the Livernois tune. Simple proven combination

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
These are "Modular Motors"... highly electronics-centric... you effectively are going No-where without a tune. Literally almost any N/A upgrade you do will require a tune. And... you most likely would barely scrape 500rwhp with NA in these vehicles... even once you've done all the tricks and paid a super amount of money.

If all you want is horsepower and reliability... buy a supercharger kit and mildly tune and run it. Cheapest horsepower per $.

Again tho... you shouldn't even think about gaining power without a tune. Its not anything scary... go with a modest tune and you'll never have an issue.
It could be argued that Nitrous is cheaper $ per HP but risking anything over 150 shot on these stock motors could be asking for trouble.
Yes you'll get more reliable HP with a SC, and I would rather go the SC route myself if I had to choose.

TRAKDAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
100 shot "Dry Kit", No tune. Most you can get without a tune!

Sponsored

TRAKDAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
No, and I won't. Safer with injectors and a tune however, its as much of a gamble as "having" a tune if you follow the OP's logic. And technically if he wants to make 500rwhp without a tune its the only way. But,...... Play stupid games...win stupid prizes!

jaymayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Silver 5.0
No, and I won't. Safer with injectors and a tune however, its as much of a gamble as "having" a tune if you follow the OP's logic. And technically if he wants to make 500rwhp without a tune its the only way. But,...... Play stupid games...win stupid prizes!
I agree, if I were to do anything to mine the tune would be a MUST, just curious to see if you actually did it lol.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Without a tune u might be able to get close to 395 to 400 hp to the wheels! You will need a 3" cat back exhaust system and airaid no tune required cold air intake! However some cars from the factory are already putting those numbers to the wheels so it all depends on your motor!

OP
OP
DarkHorse850

DarkHorse850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So far the only thing I've got is a Gibson catback system. Just try to get some ideas and put pieces together. My last Mustang, I really didn't do anything to and if you can't tell by my questions, I really don't know what I'm doing. Never too late to learn though!
Sponsored