Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Yolo.

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
If it’s determined the tune caused the engine failure then yes. For example if somehow it was running way too much timing or you used 87 oct on a 93 tune and ran it real hard then yeah but even that would be hard to prove.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
If it’s determined the tune caused the engine failure then yes. For example if somehow it was running way too much timing or you used 87 oct on a 93 tune and ran it real hard then yeah but even that would be hard to prove.
Unfortunately Ford done not have to go *that* far to be able to say the tune caused damage and deny warranty. If they wanted to, all the would have to say is the calibration was not the original one and we can't honor the warranty. It could be the best/safest aftermarket tune in the world, even better and safer than their own tune. But if it's not theirs, then can legally say that they won't honor the warranty.

Will they? Most likely not, but they could easily deny warranty work purely on the basis of another tune being in the computer regardless of the actual parameters (fueling, timing etc.)

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I don't blame you. If I had a 2018 car I wouldn't be tuning it based on the failures I've seen on this forum. Just keep it stock unless you have the money to fix it. It's already a very fast car as is.

Chances are a tune won't cause the failure but that doesn't mean you won't get screwed anyways.
Sponsored