Sponsored

Some guys seemingly tried to steal my 19 GT

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Again, incorrect. The interpretation of the "Castle Law"...i.e. defense of one's domicile and property, is up to the state. In most "Blue" and liberal states, you might have a point. But in "Red" and conservative states, you don't. it is all how the law is interpreted by the law and the courts. Perhaps if the "Blue States" interpreted the law differently, crime would decrease. YMMV
Yes, sure - LOL. Again ignorant. It's called "castle doctrine" and in absolutely no jurisdiction it applies to car parked on the curb.
Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It depends on what state one resides in and the states interpretation of the "Home Castle Law." In Most "Blue States", you might be right. But, it "Red States", is an unwanted perpetrator is on your physical property and you perceive them to be a threat, the homeowner may defend themselves AND their property. Dead men tell NO TALES. I will take my chance to "Judged by 12, rather than carried by 6." Be assured, if someone comes on my property at 3 AM
...uninvited and I perceive them to be a threat, it WILL NOT turn out well for them. I have every right to protect myself, my family and my property...and I WILL DO SO!
It has 0 to do with politics. You keep thinking you can just do what you want when someone comes into your yard and lets see how that works out for you legally. Take it from someone who has education in law. It won't work in your favor, but keep thinking your way and good luck finding out. Sure it would be nice if we could just take matters into our own hands, but it doesn't work that way.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yes, sure - LOL. Again ignorant. It's called "castle doctrine" and in absolutely no jurisdiction it applies to car parked on the curb.
Not only that, it appears to be an apartment or condo with a shared parking area, which further complicates things (and not in favor of the person you responded to).

MUH GUNZ!!!

AGM2018

Think again. i won't argue with you, as you aren't going to change your mind...and I am not going to change my mind or stance. As I said, I have had family in law enforcement and the legal field for the last four decades. I am well aware of the law and its application. And I have seen a thief shot...and killed...in an attempt to steal a car. The home owner didn't go to jail...and didn't even get so much as a ticket for "disturbing the peace." YMMV/

AGM2018

It has 0 to do with politics. You keep thinking you can just do what you want when someone comes into your yard and lets see how that works out for you legally. Take it from someone who has education in law. It won't work in your favor, but keep thinking your way and good luck finding out. Sure it would be nice if we could just take matters into our own hands, but it doesn't work that way.
Again, if a perpetrator enters a home owners property, i.e. yard, and the home owner perceives and feels threatened, the home owner has a legal right to defend their and their families well-being and their property. There is indeed...and sadly...politics involved. However, I have never seen a home owner lose a legal case in which they defended themselves, their family and their possessions from a perpetrator who meant any of them or their possessions harm. You are entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine. I won't argue "what-if's" with you; I know what I have seen transpire over the course of my lifetime, and where I live, in these cases. YMMV.

Sponsored

AGM2018

Not only that, it appears to be an apartment or condo with a shared parking area, which further complicates things (and not in favor of the person you responded to).

MUH GUNZ!!!
This is a point I do agree with. It would indeed complicate the situation, vice if the scenario were in a private home, i.e., where there was a yard.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
It isn't, nor will it be, "Murder." Have you ever heard of, "Thou shalt not steal." If these thieves, or any thieves, try to steal anything from me, I have no issues punching their ticket "to the the other side." If everyone would do so, and thus do a little "house cleaning" of these vermin, much of this type of behavior would cease. Once criminals and thieves realize they stand a high probability of dying for their criminal activity, they will think long and hard about engaging in it. YMMV

This is really cute.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Thanks. From a resident of Illinois, I will take that as a "compliment."
You shouldnā€™t take anything from anyone in Illinois, it will be taxed greatly.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ireminisce

ireminisce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Why are people driving 19 GTā€™s (40-50k cars) that cannot afford to have them in locked and secured garages to begin with...? lol.

Like seeing the kid driving around a new kia stinger gt with a Dominos pizza delivery billboard on top of the car. Smart people.
I assume this was just bad humor. Not every place in the world has an abundance of houses that have garages, Miami in particular which is where I live. I live in a spacious town home in a great small community, and paid for my house in full when I got it. Unfortunately my house has a driveway and not a garage, but I have kept my wife's car in the driveway up until now. I am driving a 19 GT (40-50k car) because I can happily afford it because I have a solid job and no mortgage. Why that even matters, I don't know, but just to answer your question, that is why, thanks.

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
Is there some easy kill switch you could set up on the mustang that will make it really hard for someone to figure out how to turn it on?

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
It depends on what state one resides in and the states interpretation of the "Home Castle Law." In Most "Blue States", you might be right. But, it "Red States", is an unwanted perpetrator is on your physical property and you perceive them to be a threat, the homeowner may defend themselves AND their property. Dead men tell NO TALES. I will take my chance to "Judged by 12, rather than carried by 6." Be assured, if someone comes on my property at 3 AM...uninvited and I perceive them to be a threat, it WILL NOT turn out well for them. I have every right to protect myself, my family and my property...and I WILL DO SO!
:facepalm:

AGM2018

Typical Austin, Texas resident response; the majority of Texans in the other "less liberal parts of the Lone Star state" would not respond to my post with a hand over their face emoji. Go have another "fruity drink" in one of Austin's chic bars...and keep telling yourself that your response is typical for Texas and Texans. YMMV.

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Typical Austin, Texas resident response; the majority of Texans in the other "less liberal parts of the Lone Star state" would not respond to my post with a hand over their face emoji. Go have another "fruity drink" in one of Austin's chic bars...and keep telling yourself that your response is typical for Texas and Texans. YMMV.
Man...just leave this forum and stick to the various FB groups that Iā€™m sure youā€™re constantly stirring the pot in. That hole is getting deeper and deeper.
Sponsored