Solo / AWE / MBRP Juggling

CodyO32689

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, MT-82, Oxford White | 2013 Infiniti G37x
I had the MBRP Street and loved it. The American Muscle video is spot on for sound. Above 3k I describe it as frappy not raspy. Still deep but the tone changes.

I recently switched the AWE Track because I wanted more volume. It sounds amazing. It does have a touch of drone but that's to be expected from a muffler delete. The AWE Touring might fit what you're looking for. The tone is refined even through high rpms.

Cold start video from my cell phone of the AWE Track
I have the same exhaust so I might be biased but this sounds kick ass :clap: Nothing like waking up your neighbors on the next street over when you leave for work.
Sponsored

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
I'm still fighting trying to accept the fact the Solo systems use an X design muffler where I've considered myself an H pipe kinda guy since I've started looking at exhausts.

Leading contenders:
Solo Mach XV / Mach Thunder
Krona / Thermal R&D
ARH Pure Thunder
AWE Touring / Track / Is there another?
I look forward to hearing the Solo and Krona also, the Krona was on my short list. I ended up choosing AWE Touring and have zero complaints....and the neighbors get to sleep.

Deleted member 35786

I'm still fighting trying to accept the fact the Solo systems use an X design muffler where I've considered myself an H pipe kinda guy since I've started looking at exhausts.

Leading contenders:
Solo Mach XV / Mach Thunder
Krona / Thermal R&D
ARH Pure Thunder
AWE Touring / Track / Is there another?
Yes, H-Pipe / stock mufflers. :)

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Do you have any clips?
FFS, I saw this, and was going to say "sure!", but decided to look first, and I can't seem to find the one I made (I'm usually very regimented with files/organizing). Maybe it moved to an archive drive or something, I'll keep looking.

Sponsored

coreystang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
FFS, I saw this, and was going to say "sure!", but decided to look first, and I can't seem to find the one I made (I'm usually very regimented with files/organizing). Maybe it moved to an archive drive or something, I'll keep looking.
Cool, thanks for looking!

OP
OP

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
So I caught a Mustang at the gas station this weekend starting up and I was lucky enough to catch up to him before he left. He had the MBRP XP Race system (I think the XP is just the material selection right?). It sounded awesome at startup, idle, and taking off. This made me even more undecided in my selection. I did some research and it seems like this system has pretty bad drone around 1500-2000 RPM where I am at a lot, but it had the volume I want. I've come across a few threads that talk about MBRP vs Solo and just about everyone who responded said the Solo exhaust is leagues above MBRP.

From everything I read about Solo catback exhausts, the reviews say they are deep sounding, however the videos I watch seem like it has more of a higher hitch tone (not as dramatic as Corsa). Except for the manufacturers videos which are so deep it's too much but I think that is a microphone thing. Are the Mach XV and Mach Thunder actually deep systems like the MBRP street and race? I am having a hard time grasping the X design muffler of the Solo is as deep as the H pipe MBRP systems.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I caught a Mustang at the gas station this weekend starting up and I was lucky enough to catch up to him before he left. He had the MBRP XP Race system (I think the XP is just the material selection right?). It sounded awesome at startup, idle, and taking off. This made me even more undecided in my selection. I did some research and it seems like this system has pretty bad drone around 1500-2000 RPM where I am at a lot, but it had the volume I want. I've come across a few threads that talk about MBRP vs Solo and just about everyone who responded said the Solo exhaust is leagues above MBRP.

From everything I read about Solo catback exhausts, the reviews say they are deep sounding, however the videos I watch seem like it has more of a higher hitch tone (not as dramatic as Corsa). Except for the manufacturers videos which are so deep it's too much but I think that is a microphone thing. Are the Mach XV and Mach Thunder actually deep systems like the MBRP street and race? I am having a hard time grasping the X design muffler of the Solo is as deep as the H pipe MBRP systems.
For a daily driver I'm not sure why anyone would want anything louder than the AWE Touring, it sounds AWEsome and is plenty loud. Very deep with the H and I have no drone. Having one now this would be an extremely easy choice for me knowing what I know now.

OP
OP

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
For a daily driver I'm not sure why anyone would want anything louder than the AWE Touring, it sounds AWEsome and is plenty loud. Very deep with the H and I have no drone. Having one now this would be an extremely easy choice for me knowing what I know now.
Were there any specific videos that made you get that system? I am not a fan of AWE's own videos. I don't understand why companies think getting shots of them flooring it 10 times up and down the street is helpful. (I forget if AWE did this but I know some do). Give me shots of start up, drive away, drive towards, in car, and the most helpful, a passing video from another car. Forget the camera at the tip I don't think that is representative at all with the other noise going on.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Were there any specific videos that made you get that system? I am not a fan of AWE's own videos. I don't understand why companies think getting shots of them flooring it 10 times up and down the street is helpful. (I forget if AWE did this but I know some do). Give me shots of start up, drive away, drive towards, in car, and the most helpful, a passing video from another car. Forget the camera at the tip I don't think that is representative at all with the other noise going on.
I liked the video made by CJPP and there was another on Youtube where they did a lot of what you're talking about.

For me, I wanted something with an H, loud when on it, good tone, but livable on the highway. The Touring hits every one of those criteria very well, and I felt comfortable it would. It's the closest thing to getting your S550 to sound like the old-school Fox with an H-pipe. It doesn't break up or go away in the upper RPM ranges, and it gives you a little back talk when slow shifting and on decel. To me, it's literally perfect.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

I liked the video made by CJPP and there was another on Youtube where they did a lot of what you're talking about.

For me, I wanted something with an H, loud when on it, good tone, but livable on the highway. The Touring hits every one of those criteria very well, and I felt comfortable it would. It's the closest thing to getting your S550 to sound like the old-school Fox with an H-pipe. It doesn't break up or go away in the upper RPM ranges, and it gives you a little back talk when slow shifting and on decel. To me, it's literally perfect.
I was debating all the axle backs for months then finally just installed a Steeda H-pipe while retaining my factory mufflers. All that crap about the tinny sound is just that, crap. Videos do not do it justice. The only time you might hear that is if you rev it up high while standing still. Not to discount AWE or others at all by any means, for they might over a different sound all together.
The H-Pipe has a great old school muscle sound especially when you accelerate with no drone and quiet when cruising. Perfect balance. Most importantly its super light on the wallet. Best investment by far IMHO..

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was debating all the axle backs for months then finally just installed a Steeda H-pipe while retaining my factory mufflers. All that crap about the tinny sound is just that, crap. Videos do not do it justice. The only time you might hear that is if you rev it up high while standing still. Not to discount AWE or others at all by any means, for they might over a different sound all together.
The H-Pipe has a great old school muscle sound especially when you accelerate with no drone and quiet when cruising. Perfect balance. Most importantly its super light on the wallet. Best investment by far IMHO..
I hear ya, I ran a resonator delete for almost 5k miles. Fun to have in the meantime.
Sponsored