OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I've done rear seat deletes in my last two Shleppy's and this one will be no different. Ford Performance quit selling the kit and FoMoCo bumped the price up at the dealer retail level for the GT350R/CFTP part. Not to be outdone, I scored an uninstalled kit for a reasonable price from a good guy that just happens to work at Speedkore.

20200417_152638.jpg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Thanks, Craig but Tob certainly helped with the "not butt friendly." I've had a couple people back there, average-size, and one thought it was acceptable and one definitely did not. :-)

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For all you slackers sprawled out on the couch wondering what the weight savings will be...32lbs.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I did my best to masquerade as Jaime, Tob, or Mark today. To wit, I picked up a Uniden R3 radar detector way back before I got the car and had already installed the mirror mount.

Eazzy, peezy but then the frustrating part, making an RJ-15 pigtail to power it from the mirror so I could ditch the power cord. It was a POC in the '14 with a Valentine V1 but despite determining which mirror lead was 12v, I couldn't get the RD to power up.

So I took a nap. <grin>

Upon awakening, it dawned on me what had to be the problem. The Uniden female RJ-15 wasn't wired the same as the V1, i.e.., power and ground were reversed. Corrected that and bingo, she had power. Made my day as that stretchy, coiled cord has been bugging me since Day One.

PS. I LOVE this RD and it is by FAR the best one I've ever had, despite it being a somewhat older model. it NEVER gives you false positives and while I haven't spotted all the units when it gave me a Ka or L alert, I believe they were all legit. Highly-recommended.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I did my best to masquerade as Jaime, Tob, or Mark today. To wit, I picked up a Uniden R3 radar detector way back before I got the car and had already installed the mirror mount.

Eazzy, peezy but then the frustrating part, making an RJ-15 pigtail to power it from the mirror so I could ditch the power cord. It was a POC in the '14 with a Valentine V1 but despite determining which mirror lead was 12v, I couldn't get the RD to power up.

So I took a nap. <grin>

Upon awakening, it dawned on me what had to be the problem. The Uniden female RJ-15 wasn't wired the same as the V1, i.e.., power and ground were reversed. Corrected that and bingo, she had power. Made my day as that stretchy, coiled cord has been bugging me since Day One.

PS. I LOVE this RD and it is by FAR the best one I've ever had, despite it being a somewhat older model. it NEVER gives you false positives and while I haven't spotted all the units when it gave me a Ka or L alert, I believe they were all legit. Highly-recommended.
Nice job Kent. I haven’t used a radar detector in more than 20 years. I’m thinking maybe it’s time to reconsider with this car.

Are you going to make a “how to” thread?

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, that's what mine looks like to the letter, Tob, including the sticker that I yanked off. :-)

Damn shame you're not a philanthropist. <grin>
If I remember correctly, Tob is a philanthropist, professional ballroom dancer, and hell maybe even a groundhog whisperer.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guilty as charged.
Sponsored