What is this part?

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
I took the driver seat out and replaced the bottom cushion, all went well but when putting the seat back in I noticed this small clip type part on the floor next to the car, could not figure out where it goes or its purpose, looks like some sort of retaining clip, if anyone can solve this mystery let me know, hate to have extra parts left over when a project is completed. :) :)
IMG_2744.JPG
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I found all kinds of extra parts in my 500 as well. It probably fell out of someones hand and instead of chasing after it, they just picked another out of the bin.

OP
OP
toothdkdr

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
I found all kinds of extra parts in my 500 as well. It probably fell out of someones hand and instead of chasing after it, they just picked another out of the bin.
Thanks Tom, I thought so also, almost looks like some kind of fuse puller with a finger ring. I looked under the passenger seat and did not see one like it.

Snakebite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I found that part in my car as well. Don't know what it is, but saved it with the rest of the documentation.

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Great, now we all have to look under the front seats for this random part. 😂

Sponsored
OP
OP
toothdkdr

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
Here you go David.

22.jpg
If thats not some sort of photo trick, OMG, that's just to funny. Was beginning to think maybe it fell of something else in my garage.

OP
OP
toothdkdr

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
Nope, legit photo, David but Snake, what the heck IS it?

KB
Thanks for the conformation Kent, so I am not crazy after all :clap:. I still think it looks like some sort of fuse puller.

Snakebite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Nope, legit photo, David but Snake, what the heck IS it?

KB
No sure, but looks to be a protective plug intended to be removed and "discarded properly" during production.

After taking a closer look, there may be a lip and stem above a receptacle that this part protects, as there is a slot (for the lip) and a clasp (for the stem) above the plug. I'm sure someone will have a field day with that description!:crackup:

The next time I bring my car to the ground, I will snoop around inside to see what I come up with. We can rule out a plug for the seats as David does not have Recaros.

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg
Sponsored