NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.....Also don't think the Mustang is faster in 1/4 mile based on this video:......
C&D test results;

2019 BMW M2 Competition;

Zero to 60 mph: 4.0 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 9.1 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 15.9 sec
Rolling start, 5–60 mph: 4.3 sec
Top gear, 30–50 mph: 2.3 sec
Top gear, 50–70 mph: 2.8 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 12.4 sec @ 116 mph

2019 Mustang GT PP2;

60 mph: 4.1 sec
100 mph: 9.4 sec
130 mph: 16.3 sec
Rolling start, 5–60 mph: 5.0 sec
Top gear, 30–50 mph: 9.8 sec
Top gear, 50–70 mph: 9.2 sec
¼-mile: 12.5 sec @ 114 mph

Very close, if the Mustang has PP2 so both are on the same tires. It's a driver's race whether on the track or the strip.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
First let me say I love the car. I am just one of those I like a different car every year or two. I want to try them all :) I have modded all I want on the Mustang and short of getting into now 8 to 10k in mods there isnt much else to do. My friend says get a super charger but I am hard pressed to put a , in total 9 plus K item with labor and tune, on a car that has a resale valve of 34k, thats almost a third the value of the whole car for one item and just ridiculous.

The issue im having is finding something in the same class and price that is equal to or better then the Mustang. I also have the issue of I will absolutely not buy a used performance car period. I have looked at the C8 but right now good luck. I have had 12 dealers tell me most likely wont see a new one not spoken for till about 2022. the waits are that long. Or all they have for sale are the 100k models with all the crap I dont want. Even then out the door with taxes and all 70k is about what a base will run ya and I cant justify that cost for a car.

Ive been to car lots all over the stae and looked at every brand and man cars have gotten expensive. its getting to where the "average" car is getting to 45 to 60 K. I have seen 100k plus cars all over like they are nothing. Its not that I cant afford them, its that its a car not a house and the prices are stupid.

But anyway not sure what IM looking for here maybe I hope people may spark and Idea I didn't think about. But it is looking like that the Mustang is really the best value for what you get and maybe I have just reached the top :) I guess its just my restlessness and always wanting something new.

I have even considered trading out of performance cars and going for something like the kia k5 gt line for a few years and then reentering a mustang with the s650 to "reappreciate" the performance of them.

I dont know , im indecisive lOL what yall think?

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Very close, if the Mustang has PP2 so both are on the same tires. It's a driver's race whether on the track or the strip.
[/QUOTE]
Very close with the PP2 but not so close with the PP1 was my point. Ether way my point was that the M2 competition is a good sport car close to what the PP1 Mustang is also it has back seats.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
So a car down 45 horsepower on the US spec, without MR, and on the slower transmission is slower than car priced $15k+ more. Good talk, great science :like:
I said I'm not stock and changing my tires took of around 2 secs out of the times of the car. So my point was that stock PP1 A10 Magneride car is not exactly faster than a modified PP1 MT82.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I also get the itch for a new car every few years. However, I never buy new... the initial depreciation hit is awful! I usually buy high-end cars that are a few years old. Plenty of cars available with low miles that haven't been beat on, because they were garage queens. If you are willing to look at the high-end used market, you have a lot of option and many will not depreciate much.

Everyone likes to bad-mouth BMWs here, but there are some excellent models that will hold value and be trouble free, especially if you like to change cars frequently. You just have to do your homework. I sold my last BMW for $1000 less than I paid for it 2 years before. The same for Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, Jaguar and Lexus. C7 Vettes are a relative bargain. I try to buy cars from the southern states. I avoid cars from northern urban areas, even if they have not been driven in the winter.

My next car will probably be a Porsche 991, Jaguar S Type V8 or R Type, or a CTS/V wagon.

Sponsored

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Find a BMW pre-owned with M sport/track package. With the M brakes, differential, and adaptive suspension.

Or, try a Jeep Wrangler!

GTguy0130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned a Scat Pack Challenger or Charger. They are in that price range he is looking at.

thrillawill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Good luck, hopefully you have the digital dash because other cars with it are like 70K minimum. The current mustang has unbelievable tech and power for the price. You really cant beat it.

Count Drunkula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Depends what you want your car for, but as I now work from home and only ever go out for a blast, I'm seriously considering chopping in the stang for a Caterham 620S. Stupid fast, sense of occasion every time and loads of fun. Not very practical, but I've got a Nissan Juke for that...

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
If you're bored with your Mustang GT and don't want a Shelby Mustang, to me, the obvious replacement for an upgrade in all performance metrics would be a new Camaro ZL1. You would probably get used to the visibility and weird ergonomics (downward tilted screen, AC vent locations, door pockets, etc.). Another option that I've seriously considered if you don't need back seats is a used 2019 Corvette Z06 - get one that is low mileage, certified and has an extended warranty and you'll be driving a poor man's supercar.

A GT350R is an obvious upgrade; I have a feeling you'd drive one and not care that it looks similar to your GT.

You could get a base Hellcat Challenger or a 392 Challenger and I think Dodge is still offering the $10 off per hp deal but I don't think I'd be happy w/ one due to the large size and weight. They look good though, esp. the widebody versions.

The 3.0 Supra is neat (looks good in person) but still slightly slower than a stock 2018+ A10 GT even w/ the 382 hp version, so it probably wouldn't fit the bill, at least for me it wouldn't (besides I need back seats). The 400Z will look cool, but again, I don't think it will outperform a 2018+ GT PP1.

If you can afford it, a new Nissan GT-R is a performance upgrade over a GT - they are very expensive though. You can find used 2020 Premium GT-Rs for around $100-105k that most likely have at least a couple of years of warranty left.

And lastly, a base Porsche Cayman. Slower than a GT, but handles better.

The BMW M4 and Audi RS5 are too expensive for similar performance to a GT, while the C63 S is a tad quicker, but also a lot more expensive.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned a Scat Pack Challenger or Charger. They are in that price range he is looking at.
LOL I did drive a helcat and me and my buddy both were like um want me to get in the back and steer that end? the thing is way to big and feels like it takes the rear a second catch up to the front :)

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I have also looked at the Lexus RCF and Jaguar F Type lower end models... thoughts. Both can be had starting about 60k

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I would just be trading for the same car at twice the price. you sit in and look at a gt500 and my car and they are visually 90% identical. I can add about 15k to my car and blow a gt500 away for a fraction of the cost of a gt500. I already thought about all this. plus the cost of them is way to high for what you get. you can get a 2020gt pp1 slap a super charger on it and have basically the same car for way less money.
Not even close. Brakes, suspension, horsepower and warranty alone make this not even "basically the same car"

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Not even close. Brakes, suspension, horsepower and warranty alone make this not even "basically the same car"
How so? whats the big difference between a supercharged 2020pp1 gt and a gt500? warrenty is not an issue cause superchargers come with warranties and if its a roush put on by dealer you have same warranty on whole car. a 2020 pp1 depending on supercharger has as much if not more HP. and the brakes? they are basically the same. everyday driving and street use you wont tell a hill of beans. and visually the cars are about 95% visually the same inside and out. for the cost savings I will take the marginally inferior gt in this scenario. Please explain the BIG difference in this scenario. Not arguing genuinely interested in the flaw in my thinking. Cause I know many modded gts that can trounce a stock gt500, personally in just my circle of car people.
Sponsored