So there is a Mach E forum?

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I see there is now a forum dedicated to a vehicle that doesn't even exist yet? A vehicle that I can only hope isn't planning on co-opting such a legendary namesake like Mach... As if a 2020 GT500 doesn't already break with 50 years of iconic history by not even offering you or I a chance to buy it in a stick version, or the fact the bean counters running Ford thinks its a cool/hip statement in a $100k car to give it the same crappy plastic shifter knob that is found in an entry level Edge SUV while bragging about expensive new carbon wheels at the same time... No, I'm not trying to come off negative but really, I don't get it. Nor do I want it...(an electric vehicle that is). And why are styling cues from a Mustang (which I just don't see personally in it) being used by Ford? Doesn't Ford insult us enough already with their lack of quality (don't get me started on what's currently going on with the Explorer and the Lincoln Aviator), fitment issues with body panels not aligned well from the factory, poor quality paint jobs (I would like to talk about my experience with that issue!) and SUV's that are so expensive that you need a 2nd mortgage in order to buy one that's 1/2 way decent these days? I mean come on man...you'd think Ford would focus on eliminating their name in the junk stock status column, find better management (especially at the top) before spending so much money on technology that most of us just don't want. Rant over...but if I evoked any strong feelings in you either pro or con with what I said as a guy who's bought 3 new Ford's in the past 2 years then let's hear it!
external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The Bronco6g forum has been up and running way before the first prototype images were even a thought, so I don’t see any issue with starting a new forum for another Ford product.

It’s called being first to procure and secure the online www naming, unique spot and specific forum type. Forum traffic sells advertising... hit it good and before anyone else, and you’re onto making bucks...

—

Here’s what I see coming and you can revisit this below statement when it happens... Not everyone who purchased a Mustang is in it for just the classic V8 “sound”. As you and I both know, anyone who buys a Mustang is in it for:

1) Styling
2) Historical icon
3) Ease of upgrades or modifications
4) The exhilaration of speed
5) Ability to track the car whether it’s drag racing, road racing or Auto-X
6) having previously owned other Mustangs

With the above in mind, again EXCLUDING the “classic sound”, when that new EV Mustang debuts and it kicks the ass of any gasoline powered Mustang (which it will), you’re going to see an exodus from owners of gas powered Mustangs into the new EV Mustang - trust me.

I’m not saying everyone will exit a gas powered Mustang, nor am I saying the gas powered Mustang will be non-existent... What I’m saying is, when someone jumps into that future EV Mustang and it can go 0-75 in 3 secs, or whip your neck with INSTANT acceleration, those people who want that type of speed, exhilaration and power will be the ones jumping ship into that new platform.

I’m NOT referring to the up and coming MACH-E “Mustang Inspired” BS... I’m referring to the future EV Mustang that will eventually be in the Mustang heritage line... the 2-door sports car.

I don’t have a problem with a future 2-door sports coupe EV Mustang, I do however have an issue with a “Mustang Inspired” product branding on a humpback wannabe SUV or CUV-like type of EV vehicle. THAT is not and will never be a Mustang.

—

Quality -
Yep. Agreed there. Ford Corp needs to go to Flat Rock and level the playing field - get new Mgrs, get new folks on the assembly line who give a shit and are checking for quality and for flaws, need the end of the line folks gone who can’t see obvious paint blems, ill fitting panels, etc. It’s been 5 years since the 2015 S550 debuted and there’s still product being let out of the gate that has horrible flaws.

Price Point -
It’s 2019, with 2020 less than 2 mos. away. This isn’t 1929, or the 60’s or the 80’s... quality of components has increased, vehicles are loaded with boatloads of electronic doo-dads, imposed tariffs affects pricing of raw materials and goods, cost of labor labor whether Union or not has risen, cost of equipping factories with enhanced robotics, etc etc etc all adds into the final MSRP.

Can’t afford that brand new SUV or Shelby? Want to save $$$? Buy used; a vehicle that is 1-2 years old is still fairly new and will have all the same amenities people want + you will only pay roughly HALF of what that same vehicle was when new. I mean, no one is forcing anyone’s hand into buying a brand new $60k+ top of the line F150 or Explorer, or a $100k GT500... so that’s really not a Ford induced issue on the Consumer - the Consumer is making the decision to buy new...

—

Ford doesn’t care about its “stock status” because the Ford Family has had the majority share and voting power since the beginning of Henry Ford’s Dynasty. Most recent article on Ford stock:
https://www.thebalance.com/examples-of-dual-class-structures-358090

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I wonder whether they will put manual transmissions in EVs in the future.
Sponsored