gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Ford Mustang Mach-E No Longer Recommended By Consumer Reports
The Tesla-fighting electric SUV isn't reliable enough to keep CR's stamp of approval.
Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
That should be no surprise. It's the first year of an entirely new model that doesn't use much existing technology.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
CR, I would not buy anything they recommend, they are not the same company they were serval years ago.

OP
OP
gone_n_60

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
CR, I would not buy anything they recommend, they are not the same company they were serval years ago.
Yeah I get that, they've more or less sold out. But car ratings for the Mach-E were so rosy to start, but there's been a lot of battery and software issues come to light.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I am somewhat unusual in that I can post about a Mach E with owner experience. Problems? None. Happy? Yup. Wife happy? Very much so. Regrets? None so far.

Sponsored

OP
OP
gone_n_60

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
To be fair, I'm not against Ford and all the others making EV's and new models will have issues to work out. I dislike Ford Co-opting the Mustang badge on this EV. It looks like a SUV not a pony car and in places like here generates opinion based discord over the model. fwiw

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
To be fair, I'm not against Ford and all the others making EV's and new models will have issues to work out. I dislike Ford Co-opting the Mustang badge on this EV. It looks like a SUV not a pony car and in places like here generates opinion based discord over the model. fwiw
To be fair, the pony car doesn't look like a horse, nor a fighter plane. But you do you.

OP
OP
gone_n_60

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
All this heartbreak about a badge - this is how world works - only thing corporations care about is making money. If someone believes in marketing nonsense served to them about Mustang, it's fine, but it's nothing more than that.

Ford can't make enough of Mach Es so apparently the widespread outrage about bastardizing badge didn't affect them too much. Honestly badge worked exactly as they hoped - people are buying it because of the badge.

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
To be even more fair the term "pony" car has been used for decades to describe Mustangs, Camaro's, Chargers, Challengers and more. It's an accepted use to describe a car like the Mustang but not a SUV or crossover.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pony_car#1964–1966:_Initial_pony_cars_released
Ya ,ya. and a fag used to be a smoke, gay used to mean happy, rainbows used to be something kids drew and was a sunny day.
things don't stay the same forever.
Mustangs the car, used to be a cheap fun car. now it is a 44-55k car.

OP
OP
gone_n_60

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
Ya ,ya. and a fag used to be a smoke, gay used to mean happy, rainbows used to be something kids drew and was a sunny day.
things don't stay the same forever.
Mustangs the car, used to be a cheap fun car. now it is a 44-55k car.
What does troll someone means?

A troll is Internet slang for a person who intentionally tries to instigate conflict, hostility, or arguments in an online social community. Platforms targeted by trolls can include the comment sections of YouTube, forums, or chat rooms.

OP
OP
gone_n_60

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
All this heartbreak about a badge - this is how world works - only thing corporations care about is making money. If someone believes in marketing nonsense served to them about Mustang, it's fine, but it's nothing more than that.

Ford can't make enough of Mach Es so apparently the widespread outrage about bastardizing badge didn't affect them too much. Honestly badge worked exactly as they hoped - people are buying it because of the badge.
Yet here you are owning a Mustang on a forum dedicated to all things Mustang from folks who seem to love or really like the Mustang. We post pictures and stories, shout outs on new Mustang buys, we wave at other Mustangs on the road, they wave back and all that is falling for marketing hype?

Noted I mentioned my dislike, not quite equal to heartbreak. Less drama pls.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Yet here you are owning a Mustang on a forum dedicated to all things Mustang from folks who seem to love or really like the Mustang. We post pictures and stories, shout outs on new Mustang buys, we wave at other Mustangs on the road, they wave back and all that is falling for marketing hype?

Noted I mentioned my dislike, not quite equal to heartbreak. Less drama pls.
If people still were loyal to a brand, I could see , getting upset over them using the name mustang on anything but a pony car, but buyers are not. And I'd bet most Mustang owners, other vehicles are not fords and only fords. At one time, this is how many buyers were.

momalle1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I agree with you. The vehicle itself is fine, but it's not a Mustang.
Sponsored