Sponsored

So the new gen7 whipple numbers are out........

Jasonb543

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
His personal Facebook page and dragy group also on Facebook.
Sponsored

n2ofusion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6M
It's not apples to apples. That's the point.

Take a gen3, let whipple use the same calibration, the same modifications (headers and fuel additives) and dyno it and voila, you'll almost assuredly end up with the same or very similar numbers.

There's no free lunch here. You can't take the SAME volume motor, the SAME compression, and the SAME fuel and end up with a drastically different outcome.

Is there some incremental improvements with the blower? Sure. Maybe some incremental improvements over having better uptake (with dual inlets) but you can't outsmart physics. A 307 inch V-8 at 12:1 compression on pump 93 will yield a BMEP at max effort before it runs into knock. And that holds true whether it's a centrifugal or a turbo or a PD blower. There's only SO MUCH that you can squeeze out of a coyote on pump 93 before it knocks.

Furthermore, as pointed out above, some of it is ARTIFICIAL. Meaning if the calibration is DIFFERENT when the rear wheels are spinning than on the street where that's not the case, then you end up with a situation where it's a dyno hero and the number (while shiny and attractive) is actually false.

The point is, if you apply the SAME efforts to the gen3, you'll be right in the same ballpark.

And THAT is what "they" don't want everyone to realize. They're banking on masses believing this is some sorta grand upgrade. Otherwise why would anyone spend $10k-$50k more for a new mode+whipple when they can get the SAME outcome (or better with open tune) on a gen3.

Sure there's gonna be those that just want the latest thing, but the long and short of it is that MOST of all this is hype and creative marketing.
Some of this is just to capture the new market, right? There is a large customer base that won’t buy a used car and just wants whatever is new, then educates themselves on the mods afterwards.

I don’t see why they would market a new kit at all without incremental improvements in its numbers? Nor do I get why we are upset?

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Some of this is just to capture the new market, right? There is a large customer base that won’t buy a used car and just wants whatever is new, then educates themselves on the mods afterwards.

I don’t see why they would market a new kit at all without incremental improvements in its numbers? Nor do I get why we are upset?
Who's upset? If anyone gets upset is those that have peddled deceptive and gimmicky numbers when you challenge or question their validity.

The claims here aren't incremental. That's the point. They're markedly better. And that is the essence of the issue.

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
So now we start to get REAL data.

143 mph (700 DA) in a 4,000 lb (with driver) car 1/4 trap. I'll let you decide what the rwhp is.

Lower pulley, boostane (basically the max effort whipple stage II that everyone's been trying to push as some sorta revolution in coyote performance).

Use whatever calculator you want, it ain't 850 to the wheels.

Sponsored

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
So now we start to get REAL data.

143 mph (700 DA) in a 4,000 lb (with driver) car 1/4 trap. I'll let you decide what the rwhp is.

Lower pulley, boostane (basically the max effort whipple stage II that everyone's been trying to push as some sorta revolution in coyote performance).

Use whatever calculator you want, it ain't 850 to the wheels.
To give a point of reference…

My 2019 GT 10-speed weighs 4200lbs with me in it and a full tank of gas. I have a gen 5 Whipple 3.0 on it with long tubes and on *pure* pump 93 octane, no booster/ethanol/race gas added, I trapped 142mph on a 3.75” pulley in ~70’ DA.

If someone told me I was making 850whp on pump gas I’d probably fall down laughing.

Cashley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen2
So the truth keeps coming out.........

It's a long vid but you can skip to 1:05 for the most meaningful parts.
I knew they were full of crap. Gen4 coyote isnt much different than Gen3 so i cant see the major increase.

Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Whipple is denying they have a "dyno" mode.
I can’t say for sure on the 6g but they definitely have it on 5g.

However if true, I’m not sure I like that answer any better. It means they’re shooting for 21 deg timing all the time and riding against the knock sensors. The 5g was capped at 17-18 depending on which revision you got.

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I can’t say for sure on the 6g but they definitely have it on 5g.

However if true, I’m not sure I like that answer any better. It means they’re shooting for 21 deg timing all the time and riding against the knock sensors. The 5g was capped at 17-18 depending on which revision you got.
In the video I think they capped out at below 20 on pump 93. Where is the logs that are showing 21 degrees of timing?
Sponsored