Sponsored

So the new gen7 whipple numbers are out........

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Perhaps, but it does say on the Hennessey website that they calibrated it with "HPE Engine Management Software", whatever that is

1705085302479.png
I believe that is Hennessey’s software. I would be interested to know how they did it. I have a hunch they paid Ford for access but if anyone knows the Hennessey guys it would be interesting to know for sure.

And my knowledge of the system and its ability to be hacked or not is limited to various articles I’ve read. Based on what I’ve read, the system can detect it’s been messed with and either shut itself down or phone home to Ford and Ford will do it. So Ford has obviously given access to Whipple to override whatever system setting that is so that their tune works (or Whipple wrote their tune, sent it to Ford, Ford wrote the override then sent it back to Whipple). I would think Hennessey would need something similar.
Sponsored

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
You all let us know when the appropriate dedicated team is on the job lol. We'll pick this back up next January.
The dedicated team is on their way.
Once they get to Vivid Racing in Phx, & have access to keyboards, it won't be long.

Last we heard, the group was moving thru the Darian Gap. They gotta stop in Mexico City to do a qwik job for some guy named Billy Gates... & then its the 7g stuff...

Screenshot_20240112_143604_Google.jpg

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
So, taking a quick flip through Hennessey social media (Instagram mostly), they do a fair amount of stumping for Ford Performance, especially as of late. So I’m wondering if they’ve partnered with Ford this go around. HPE is Hennessey Performance Engineering, so the software is Hennessey. They do C8’s as well, which has similar software security. 🤷🏻‍♂️

They have an inquire now button but I’m not sure that they’ve actually done one yet. They certainly haven’t posted one on their social media yet.

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
So, taking a quick flip through Hennessey social media (Instagram mostly), they do a fair amount of stumping for Ford Performance, especially as of late. So I’m wondering if they’ve partnered with Ford this go around. HPE is Hennessey Performance Engineering, so the software is Hennessey. They do C8’s as well, which has similar software security. 🤷🏻‍♂️

They have an inquire now button but I’m not sure that they’ve actually done one yet. They certainly haven’t posted one on their social media yet.
Kinda seems shitty if Ford is only going to allow "certain" aftermarket companies access to the goods. I get that their is a ton of liability on Ford (From the EPA) to prevent all these naughty Mustang owners from driving modified Ford's around that don't pass emissions. I would imagine that a large number of Mustang sales, are to people that have or intend on modifying them. Considering that the S650 is already a turd, that is going to cut pretty deep into their sales if that group won't even consider buying them if no one can tune them. I certainly wouldn't have bought this MACH1 if I knew I had to leave it stock.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
…I would imagine that a large number of Mustang sales, are to people that have or intend on modifying them...
If you listen to Brian Wolfe talk, ford *used to* understand this concept well and embraced it. I do believe this is a big part of why Mustang sales left challenger and Camaro behind in the last several years.

I guess now that Camaro is dead and challenger is going electric they don’t have to worry about losing market to competitors anymore so they are free to lock it down.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
If you listen to Brian Wolfe talk, ford *used to* understand this concept well and embraced it. I do believe this is a big part of why Mustang sales left challenger and Camaro behind in the last several years.

I guess now that Camaro is dead and challenger is going electric they don’t have to worry about losing market to competitors anymore so they are free to lock it down.
I still think it’s EPA driven. EPA probably told these manufacturers to make it as difficult as possible so that the vehicles can’t be modified to the point where they’re non-compliant with current EPA regulations.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)

Indeed.
BMW, Stelantis, GM all have "locked down" PCM's as well, but all can be tuned once you send it in, to be unlocked.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I’d bet lunch that Hennessey is just installing Whipple kits and, at the most, rebranding the programming software, hardware, or both.
You could be on to something there Mike. Here’s from Hennessey’s website for S550. Note the VMP blower under the hood…

IMG_2567.png

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I’d bet lunch that Hennessey is just installing Whipple kits and, at the most, rebranding the programming software, hardware, or both.
Agreed 100%

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Im surprise Hennessey is still around after scamming so many people.

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
There's a whole host of things that wouldn't shock me with Hennessy's claim.

A) That it's not their proprietary tune at all, they're simply buying the whipple partnered system from them and installing it.
Ford and the S650 …

IMG_1364.gif

IMG_1365.gif

:giggle:

WD :like:
I'm curious if anyone has ever read the fine print of the agreements as to confidentiality and privilege to information they collect. It's not wildly speculative that if they're collecting speed and braking information, it could be used against you somewhere down the road. (like the insurance safe driving modules).

It may be paranoid and conspiracist, but I don't want any 3rd parties tracking how many times I brake hard or accelerate hard or what speeds I choose to drive.
Sponsored