Sponsored

So many procharger decisions and price difference.

TBKingsD7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
I'm currently in the market for a procharger for my 17 MT GT. As I shop I realized that this seems way to complicated. What is the best choice for the money. I already have a tuner and good supporting mods. I would like to be in the 650whp range. However I am going to up the boost over time. What is a good starting point and what is the best cost with what I want to accomplish?

Thanks for the feedback.
Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I'm currently in the market for a procharger for my 17 MT GT. As I shop I realized that this seems way to complicated. What is the best choice for the money. I already have a tuner and good supporting mods. I would like to be in the 650whp range. However I am going to up the boost over time. What is a good starting point and what is the best cost with what I want to accomplish?

Thanks for the feedback.
If you have to smog test the car then you will need the carb legal kit.
if not then a stage2 tuner kit

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
If you have to smog test the car then you will need the carb legal kit.
if not then a stage2 tuner kit
Yes, this is good. I would contact Beefcake or Lethal for some additional information and perhaps a deal. They can set up up. That is a doable goal with 9-10 PSI.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Just make sure your honest with your goals. I went from Paxton to JTB as I was at its limit (RPM wise) and wanted more. The JTB does well at lower boost levels, I am far from max now and it is crazy. Based on what I have seen on here the D1X does well to at less than max rpm. If you don't want more then the P1X should work.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

Thanks for the feedback.
You could buy a P1SC stage 1 basic kit. It's a small upgrade in price to go with a stage 2 P1x. That is the best option for your goals. 650RWHP will be easy on premium pump gas, with the ability to step up to 750-950 RW with a fuel system and pulley change. D1X would be total overkill. P1X stage 2 is where you want to be.

OP
OP

TBKingsD7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
You could buy a P1SC stage 1 basic kit. It's a small upgrade in price to go with a stage 2 P1x. That is the best option for your goals. 650RWHP will be easy on premium pump gas, with the ability to step up to 750-950 RW with a fuel system and pulley change. D1X would be total overkill. P1X stage 2 is where you want to be.
This is great information, thank you!!

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Agreed with the P1X, not just because that's what I have.

Rob Shoemaker with PBD recently did a youtube video and his opinion is the Procharger HO kit with the P1X is probably the one of the very best systems for making outstanding power in a Coyote.

But, if you do your homework you are going to quickly see any FI is great on a Coyote, you really can't make a bad choice.

Coyote 4 valve heads flow like Niagara Falls.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Agreed with the P1X, not just because that's what I have.

Rob Shoemaker with PBD recently did a youtube video and his opinion is the Procharger HO kit with the P1X is probably the one of the very best systems for making outstanding power in a Coyote.

But, if you do your homework you are going to quickly see any FI is great on a Coyote, you really can't make a bad choice.

Coyote 4 valve heads flow like Niagara Falls.
He tuned my p1x ho and the car was a powerhouse!

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
GreenS550,

Mine too.

Street driving is like killing mosquitos with a 10 pound sledge hammer.

Sponsored

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
My Stage II P1X kit will be for sale very soon. It's all black with an upgraded tial BOV and helical gears. It's been an outstanding supercharger with zero issues. Turning my 18 GT back to stock because of this silly purchase.

2021Shelby.jpg

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
My Stage II P1X kit will be for sale very soon. It's all black with an upgraded tial BOV and helical gears. It's been an outstanding supercharger with zero issues. Turning my 18 GT back to stock because of this silly purchase.

2021Shelby.jpg
Congrats man!

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Charles,

I forgive you. . . . .

I also hate you . . . . . :like:

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED

2021Shelby.jpg
Congrats! I actually sold my 2020 GT500 and decided to build another blown GT. I enjoy the fresh canvas and lighter weight of a GT.